Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

First time at the track, very pleasing results!!!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2006, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking First time at the track, very pleasing results!!!

I ran my EVO tonight for the first time. The first couple of passes were horror stories, as I previously owned an Integra and launching a FWD car is very different from launching an AWD car, as I learned that tonight. The only mod in the car right now (and for a while) is an HKS Super Hybrid drop in filter. Here are the results from my best and final run:

60' .... 1.953
330 ... 5.532
1/8 ... 8.489
MPH @ 1/8 mile ... 83.16
1000 ... 11.025
1/4 ... 13.165
MPH @ 1/4 mile ... 105.41

I am very pleased and impressed by the power the car has, I drive it hard on the street maybe once a week or so, but man, the thing pulls. I know I am slow compared to many of the members here, but I would like to read your comments regarding my run.
Old Oct 20, 2006, 08:06 PM
Evolving Member

Nice times
Old Oct 20, 2006, 08:29 PM
Evolving Member

Great times Jose! It was about time you ran that thing instead of watching me get frustrated with 12.1's all night!

Your shifting seemed perfect too compared to mine which is usually horrible. The only thing you need to work on is that 60' time. If you could just get that down to a 1.7 you'll have a 12.8 - 12.9 stock! Remember, my first runs I was hitting 2.0 out of the hole. Your already doing better then I did! Also, 105mph is really moving especially stock. Your car has a lot of potential!

Take care and hope to see you out there next Friday!

Mike
Old Oct 20, 2006, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the comments Mike!!! Hopefully I'll be there next Friday, to watch!!! hahahahaha!!! If I could launch like you I would have touched 12.9!!!
Old Oct 20, 2006, 08:36 PM

Congrats Jose, now you see how your long break in period paid off. Hahaha, you forgot to say that this was on the Kuhmos Ecsta ASX all-season and not in the stock Advan. I wish mine will be as strong as yours, I hope it will be only a couple of weeks before I know which one I will buy hehe.
Old Oct 20, 2006, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

You will get yours pretty soon (and it will be a strong one), and Oh man it will be SWEEEEEETT!!!
Old Oct 20, 2006, 08:47 PM
Account Disabled

Nice runs, work on your 1-2 shift a bit and you will have 12's with ease...
Old Oct 20, 2006, 08:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
work on getting a better 60'
Old Oct 20, 2006, 09:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
...nice times for a AWD rookie
Old Oct 20, 2006, 09:50 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for all the comments.

I am very happy with the times (1/4 mile overall), my 60' times are not great, but launching an AWD car was harder than what I thought. Hopefully the car will hit the track again next year after my these mods:
Fuel pump
AMS Turboback
AMS LICP
AMS Custom EcuTek Reflash
I thinki I got a pretty good baseline for the car's potential, and that was my whole intent today.
Old Oct 20, 2006, 10:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by JRB_EVO
Thanks for all the comments.

I am very happy with the times (1/4 mile overall), my 60' times are not great, but launching an AWD car was harder than what I thought. Hopefully the car will hit the track again next year after my these mods:
Fuel pump
AMS Turboback
AMS LICP
AMS Custom EcuTek Reflash
I thinki I got a pretty good baseline for the car's potential, and that was my whole intent today.

Where are you at in cincinnati?

We have about 60 EVOs on this site that are in Cincy. I am one of them. Look in the regional forums...you will find a huge post for us. Talks about all the latest goings on.

Your times are pretty good. What track did you do this at?

Paul
Old Oct 20, 2006, 10:17 PM
Evolved Member

I am located in Sharonville. It would be cool if I could meet more guys from the area, I only know Nvr2old32 and another guy from KY. I'll look into the regional forum to see if you guys do any events like driving around and stuff.

Ohh I almost forgot, the times were at Edgewater!!!
Old Oct 20, 2006, 10:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Very strong trap speed, weak launch, decent shifting. With a ton of experience launching AWDs, I didn't do quite as well my first time out. I went 13.17 @ 103.89, but that was in an 05 and the same 60'. I think you did quite well and could hit a 12 pretty easily with a 1.7x 60'.

As for your planned mods, you could spend about $600 less to get the same power if you care to know...
Old Oct 20, 2006, 10:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by JRB_EVO
I am located in Sharonville. It would be cool if I could meet more guys from the area, I only know Nvr2old32 and another guy from KY. I'll look into the regional forum to see if you guys do any events like driving around and stuff.

Ohh I almost forgot, the times were at Edgewater!!!

Try this link.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=141094

Introduce youself to the Cincinnati Evo Association....HAHA....the CEA...I just thought of that.

We get together a lot and we race a lot too. We use our cars for what they were builf for. In addition to that we all tune and work on our own cars. Myself and Greg (992gnt) are the main mechanics. He is more of the tuner and and road course racer. I can do most of the mechanical stuff and love to show off my engine. There are several members that hit the AutoX with us too. Over all a great group of guys. Because winter is upon us most won't be getting together too much unless it is to go to work on someones car.

I am currently away in the land of sand for a military deployment. While here I am getting several goodies for my evo.

Pleasure meeting you.

Paul
Old Oct 21, 2006, 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

Paul, thanks for giving me the link. I'll post and introduce myself to see if I can get to meet mmore of the Cinci EVO owners before winter hits!!!