Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Fastest non-EVO Lancer?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2007, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I guess if I need to pick between show and go, it's definitely going to be a show car. If I would focus on just getting a turbo and properly tuning the suspension, in addition to learning better driving technique, I should at least be able to take on some of the muscle cars at the track. I would probably be satisfied with that, and I think it may be feasible. Opinions?
Old Jan 15, 2007, 02:47 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MovadoMan
Well, I guess if I need to pick between show and go, it's definitely going to be a show car. If I would focus on just getting a turbo and properly tuning the suspension, in addition to learning better driving technique, I should at least be able to take on some of the muscle cars at the track. I would probably be satisfied with that, and I think it may be feasible. Opinions?
Sounds pretty reasonable. Good luck.
Old Jan 15, 2007, 03:15 PM

Ok, so where do I start with that?
Old Jan 15, 2007, 03:23 PM
Account Disabled

First would be a set of coilovers. It's up to you if you want to choose a basic coilover that is just height adjustable or a nicer one that also adds dampening adjustment. After the coilovers you need to start purchasing your bars, anti-sway bar, front and rear strut bar, and maybe a lower tie bar. After that you need to get your car "race aligned", which also includes adjusting the camber on your wheels to give u a more aggressive handling. If you want a good amount of camber up front you need to purchase a pillowball mount for your front struts along with your coilover setup. That should keep you busy for a while. Feel free to PM me if you need more help.
Old Jan 15, 2007, 03:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
I agree with most of Kareem's advice. My only disagreement is in buying the bars. A sway bar is definitely a must but strut bars don't really do all that much for handling and the money would be better spent on rims and tires. Ksport, JIC and megan coilovers all come with pillowball front mounts and camber plates.
Old Jan 15, 2007, 04:35 PM

Ok, sounds like a plan. What about the turbo? Not trying to get too far ahead, just wondering because I saw someone selling a kit that was used on an ES and will definitely fit for $1800
Old Jan 15, 2007, 04:40 PM
Evolved Member

Well if you have 1800$ go nuts.
Old Jan 15, 2007, 04:43 PM

Did you see the post for it in the F/S thread?
Old Jan 15, 2007, 07:05 PM
Evolved Member

I have already expressed my opinion to you and you took it very well. I am very proud that you took it for what it was and not as a cut down or anything, thank you. I think the that a Lancer ES would be a great car to make look good and I understand you wanting to be different than everyone else.

So if that is your goal, then I wouldn't do anything at all performance related aside from wheels and tires and maybe lowering springs which could be argued to be an improvement to you cars handling.

There are so many cost effective ways to make you car look good without spending a crazy amount of money.

Oh yeah BTW here is a link to my last car just to give you an idea as to why I say don't waste your money. A little history... It was a 1991 300ZX Twin Turbo... IMHO it was the best looking 300ZX in the USA... It had everything except for an Engine build and believe me it was fast, however it was heavy, not a track or drag car... Heck the only place its power could be put to use was on the Hwy and that costs money and Jail time if caught. So I sold it and bought an EVO an it was everything that my Z wasn't. The cost of ownership was less with the EVO because it simply didn't break all the time like my old Z did. The EVO out handled the Z with its stock EVO suspension, the Z had everything you could imagine done to improve suspension too. The 0-60 was better in the EVO as was the 1/8th mile and 1/4 mile.... The EVO was just all around a better car.

Please make the right decision, I just don't want to know that another person did like me and wasted a bunch of money on a car that will never satisfy their goals.

Here it is:

Link #1 http://www.twinturbo.net/net/viewmsg...msg_id=1480221

Link #2 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/541609

-Nate

Last edited by EVO-8-Nate; Jan 15, 2007 at 07:09 PM.
Old Jan 15, 2007, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

Well here's two potential turbo kits that cost 2000$ or less.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ighlight=turbo
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=241300
Old Jan 15, 2007, 07:34 PM

Like I said before, I'm always up for considering other people's opinions, and I try to learn from them the best that I can. Obviously you've had a lot better cars than me and evidently have much more experience. I really wanted to have something that stood apart from the rest, but evidently that's not going to be feasible. I might turbo it just so it's a little more respectable, mainly because having a car for looks around here gets you laughed at. I'm definitely not ignoring what you're saying, I will end up buying another car based around speed. I just can't afford insurance on two cars right now because my insurance company doesn't like 20 year olds, and apparently my ex doesn't either, heh.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by ambystom01
Thanks for checking into that for me. I did see the first one and was interested in it. Does it seem like a good deal? Am I allowed to purchase it since I'm a new member and don't have 50 posts yet?
Old Jan 16, 2007, 12:57 PM
Account Disabled

Yes you can purchase it, you have to have 50 posts to SELL something.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 01:23 PM

Oh ok, I was just wondering because it's not letting me post in that thread.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

Just PM the sellers directly.

Quick Reply: Fastest non-EVO Lancer?