Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

"David" (800awhp evo 8) vs. "Goliath" (1200hp 911t)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2008, 05:42 PM
4DR
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Carloverx
+1!!!.

Butttt, to be honest isn't the Porsche a full interior car? Wow, a race evo beats a somewhat street car... Not too impressed. And a 10.7? Come on, buschur's "daily driven" evo does 9.42. (Granted that's not the norm, but it shows the potential of a street evo, let alone a race evo)

In other words, this win isn't that much to be proud of , even if they both ran those number at the same time
Low Blow.........
Old Jul 21, 2008, 06:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
+1!!!.

Butttt, to be honest isn't the Porsche a full interior car? Wow, a race evo beats a somewhat street car... Not too impressed. And a 10.7? Come on, buschur's "daily driven" evo does 9.42. (Granted that's not the norm, but it shows the potential of a street evo, let alone a race evo)

In other words, this win isn't that much to be proud of , even if they both ran those number at the same time

oh yeah the porsche is a full interior 2 seater, 2 door sports car.. i bet it weighs a ton.. eddie has probably 75k invested in his car so compare apples to apples if you wanna discredit somone.. so top level brought a race car and eddie brought a 100k car.. big deal.. id be proud and so should they..

My tuner knows Tito very well and we have discussed Eddie and I running on several occasions and you can mark my words. he will not line up and dig MY STREET CAR W/ Full Interior.. He wanted a roll race for $$$.. Yeah ok..
Old Jul 21, 2008, 06:54 PM
Evolved Member

It's funny I was at TL this week when Eddie stopped by to chill and talk some ****. He did say his car was ready more than once but I guess he had second thoughts. Props to the guys at TL for putting those long hours in and getting the car ready in three days.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 07:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EDBOYLI

The big bad Porsche SCARED of the lil ole Evo,classic
He was scared also when they were suppose to run at E town.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by KIDBANGA10
He was scared also when they were suppose to run at E town.
hey hey hey!!!!!! don't start nothing lol......nah Eddie my boy and him and Ricky are real close friends so its just lil competition amongst them that's all..nothing more,nothing lesss...
Old Jul 21, 2008, 07:32 PM
snb

+1!!!.

First time when they were *supposed* to race and the Porsche's intercooler pipe blew off, it was against a street evo.

This time, race Evo that was slapped together in few days vs. proven porsche that has gone 8's.

You think this win isn't that much to be proud of?
I must agree to disagree with you.
You were not proud to run 12.5 in your car?
Old Jul 21, 2008, 07:51 PM
Evolved Member

That porsche is a 9s car.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 08:00 PM
Evolved Member

+1!!!.

Who is this guy?

I pulled a search on you on this forumn and found nothing of substance-- This is not a 'Carbon Fiber' for sale thread.

To answer your comment in a nutshell, Yes it is something to be proud of.

Anytime a guy builds a car in 1 week and uses run-of-the mill parts, (did I mention we threw in BC272 cams in the motor because they were the only ones laying around the shop at the time? Do a search and you'll see just how they perform against the rest.) slaps them together, tunes the car the morning of the race, and runs 10.20 on his shakedown pass-- There's something to be proud of.

Striking fear into the guy (a good friend to all by the way--nothing against Eddie Bello) that owns the fastest porsche in the Texas mile, makes over 1200hp to the wheels, and has EASY over 100k into a 2 seater, twin-turbo,2600lbs car-- There's something to be proud of. Did I mention he went 10.70 at over 150mph?

I guess nothing pleases some of the guys on here these days.

We just got the wheel alignment done. Now the driver doesn't have to fight to keep the car straight and he can focus on lowering the ET. Maybe then we can all make "Carloverx" proud of us.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4kinboost
Who is this guy?

I pulled a search on you on this forumn and found nothing of substance-- This is not a 'Carbon Fiber' for sale thread.

To answer your comment in a nutshell, Yes it is something to be proud of.

Anytime a guy builds a car in 1 week and uses run-of-the mill parts, (did I mention we threw in BC272 cams in the motor because they were the only ones laying around the shop at the time? Do a search and you'll see just how they perform against the rest.) slaps them together, tunes the car the morning of the race, and runs 10.20 on his shakedown pass-- There's something to be proud of.

Striking fear into the guy (a good friend to all by the way--nothing against Eddie Bello) that owns the fastest porsche in the Texas mile, makes over 1200hp to the wheels, and has EASY over 100k into a 2 seater, twin-turbo,2600lbs car-- There's something to be proud of. Did I mention he went 10.70 at over 150mph?

I guess nothing pleases some of the guys on here these days.

We just got the wheel alignment done. Now the driver doesn't have to fight to keep the car straight and he can focus on lowering the ET. Maybe then we can all make "Carloverx" proud of us.
well said...
Old Jul 21, 2008, 08:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
oh yeah the porsche is a full interior 2 seater, 2 door sports car.. i bet it weighs a ton.. eddie has probably 75k invested in his car so compare apples to apples if you wanna discredit somone.. so top level brought a race car and eddie brought a 100k car.. big deal.. id be proud and so should they..

My tuner knows Tito very well and we have discussed Eddie and I running on several occasions and you can mark my words. he will not line up and dig MY STREET CAR W/ Full Interior.. He wanted a roll race for $$$.. Yeah ok..
Eddie is a real cool guy. He's very calm and layed back. Also very SMART. He knows what his strengths and weaknesses are.

Tell you the truth, he was dragged into this one. Anytime you have a bunch of guys at a BBQ drinking beer-- someone's gonna talk some smack. Unfortunately for Tito, his cheerleader got him into this deep mess. Any real man with pride wouldn't back down. I guess losing in front of the 'capacity crowd' was not a good option for him. He took the smart way out.

I have alot of respect for this guy. Tito has been at this game for years, has tons of track expierience, and a really fast car.

Time will tell what happens in this fable.

For now the next victim for the street car is 'The Red Bull'. He's been offered a handycap, but hasn't taken TL up on the offer.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 08:24 PM
Account Disabled

Dont forget Ceasar from Hiboost/Mb racing, he was supposed to be there and run Ricky also after the porsche run, but wed at Englishtown he busted his Dogbox goin for his 9sec license. His coupe is the first one racin on this vid, he went 9.6@159. So when he gets his car fixed, he will run Ricky at the track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcEC1Wb1OKU

For now the next victim for the street car is 'The Red Bull'. He's been offered a handycap, but hasn't taken TL up on the offer.[/QUOTE]
Old Jul 21, 2008, 08:30 PM

hey guys
Old Jul 21, 2008, 08:34 PM
Evolved Member

Eddie is a real cool guy. He's very calm and layed back. Also very SMART. He knows what his strengths and weaknesses are.

Tell you the truth, he was dragged into this one. Anytime you have a bunch of guys at a BBQ drinking beer-- someone's gonna talk some smack. Unfortunately for Tito, his cheerleader got him into this deep mess. Any real man with pride wouldn't back down. I guess losing in front of the 'capacity crowd' was not a good option for him. He took the smart way out.

I have alot of respect for this guy. Tito has been at this game for years, has tons of track expierience, and a really fast car.

Time will tell what happens in this fable.

For now the next victim for the street car is 'The Red Bull'. He's been offered a handycap, but hasn't taken TL up on the offer.

Can you guys on EVOM give me a "BUMP" if you would be proud to outdo this car??

Eddie Bello, AKA, the "East Coast Assassin," is a fan favorite on the rapidly growing National Hot Rod Association’s Import Drag Racing Circuit (IDRC). His now legendary Porsche 911 was hailed as the "world’s quickest 911 in 1999," recording a 9.17 second, 162 mph quarter mile.

Bello rocketed to stardom at the 1999 Tire Rack IDRC season finale in one of the wildest races in import drag racing history. Determined not to lose to Stephan Papdakis’ front drive Honda, Eddie went all-out — pulling wheel stands in first, second and third gears — but his 9.81 turned out to be second best in his class.

Like many of the today’s top IDRC drivers, Bello started out as a street racer. He built a reputation on the back streets of Brooklyn, New York, driving a personally-tuned VW GTI, a rotory Mazda RX-7, and a twin-turbo Nissan Z-car, before he discovered that there is "no substitute" for a Porsche.

"Look for Bello to dominate in 2001 in his new, 1100 hp. Alcohol burning 2000 Porsche 996."

In 1995, Eddie bought the 1993 Porsche Carrera-2 and immediately swapped out the stock engine for Porsche’s ultimate street-racing weapon: the twin-turbo boxer six. Then the tweaking began. Eddie did some experimenting and modifications. In no time flat, Eddie was blowing consistent 10s on street tires at the drag strip. He caught the attention of Toyo tires, who recognized the marketing opportunity and signed Bello to run Toyo tires exclusively.

With a newer, faster Porsche in his garage (an 1100 hp. Alcohol burning 2000 996 abberation), Bello and his quickly growing company, Bellotech Racing is looking to dominate Import Drag Racing — at speeds in excess of 200 mph.

Bello and his Porsches are media magnets. He has been featured on the cover of Turbo, European Car, and Street Legal magazines. Plus he has been interviewed for feature stories in Super Street and NHRA magazine.

Import Drag Racing fans are going to be seeing a lot of Eddie Bello in 2001. But you’d better not blink. He won’t be standing still for long.

http://www.nyce1s.com/forum/showthread.php?p=11277

Just checking.

Last edited by 4kinboost; Jul 21, 2008 at 08:42 PM.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 08:45 PM

Can you guys on EVOM give me a "BUMP" if you would be proud to outdo this car??

Eddie Bello, AKA, the "East Coast Assassin," is a fan favorite on the rapidly growing National Hot Rod Association’s Import Drag Racing Circuit (IDRC). His now legendary Porsche 911 was hailed as the "world’s quickest 911 in 1999," recording a 9.17 second, 162 mph quarter mile.

Bello rocketed to stardom at the 1999 Tire Rack IDRC season finale in one of the wildest races in import drag racing history. Determined not to lose to Stephan Papdakis’ front drive Honda, Eddie went all-out — pulling wheel stands in first, second and third gears — but his 9.81 turned out to be second best in his class.

Like many of the today’s top IDRC drivers, Bello started out as a street racer. He built a reputation on the back streets of Brooklyn, New York, driving a personally-tuned VW GTI, a rotory Mazda RX-7, and a twin-turbo Nissan Z-car, before he discovered that there is "no substitute" for a Porsche.

"Look for Bello to dominate in 2001 in his new, 1100 hp. Alcohol burning 2000 Porsche 996."

In 1995, Eddie bought the 1993 Porsche Carrera-2 and immediately swapped out the stock engine for Porsche’s ultimate street-racing weapon: the twin-turbo boxer six. Then the tweaking began. Eddie did some experimenting and modifications. In no time flat, Eddie was blowing consistent 10s on street tires at the drag strip. He caught the attention of Toyo tires, who recognized the marketing opportunity and signed Bello to run Toyo tires exclusively.

With a newer, faster Porsche in his garage (an 1100 hp. Alcohol burning 2000 996 abberation), Bello and his quickly growing company, Bellotech Racing is looking to dominate Import Drag Racing — at speeds in excess of 200 mph.

Bello and his Porsches are media magnets. He has been featured on the cover of Turbo, European Car, and Street Legal magazines. Plus he has been interviewed for feature stories in Super Street and NHRA magazine.

Import Drag Racing fans are going to be seeing a lot of Eddie Bello in 2001. But you’d better not blink. He won’t be standing still for long.

http://www.nyce1s.com/forum/showthread.php?p=11277

Just checking.

yoo erk any pics of the car at the track sunday???
Old Jul 21, 2008, 08:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EDBOYLI

yoo erk any pics of the car at the track sunday???
Nope.. no 'spy footage'...lol

Maybe someone else will post-up?

Quick Reply: "David" (800awhp evo 8) vs. "Goliath" (1200hp 911t)