Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Dogboxracing Evo showdown with vid

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2009, 02:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by crcain
Woahhhh ok I think Dogbox have my new fav drag evo after watching those passes. Was that sideways in 3rd gear?

How did they manage to not have fresh track bite down for this event?
From what i undestand you get the track prep you pay for.. The local NSCRA events here John Brown Pays top dollar for extra Prep.. Same as in Norwalk last weekend.. Track was sticky!!!

Mike
Old Aug 19, 2009, 02:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow!

Is that from the torque steer causing the car to veer left?
Old Aug 19, 2009, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Nice car Alex.

Last edited by Gordian79; Aug 20, 2009 at 05:42 PM.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 03:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats. to all involved Glad I attended this event
Old Aug 19, 2009, 06:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SparkTech
Alex it was a pleasure to finally meet you. You guys made us proud. Your car is Bluetiful

Glad to see the new Sequential Ignition is doing it's job. The car was very consistent and sounded clean.

There is no doubt if track prep were a bit better it would have gone into the 8's even with the track temps the way they were. It was HOTTTT, and humid.

Congrats on your 3rd place.
It was our pleasure. We also thank you for the great ignition and customer support. We look forward to working on the suspension and running on a well prepped track. Plenty more power on tap as soon as we can use it.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 06:02 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by DG Motors
Good job guys! A prepped track would def. work in your favor!

Car sounds awesome!
Thanks it looks like you guys are on the right track. Few bumps in the beginning like we all have. You guys seem like you guys have some fight left in you and I am sure you will reach your goals.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 06:08 PM
Former Sponsor

Also like to thank all for the positive words. It keeps us going. This car was built with a lot of love, time, and help. Although going fast is our goal we also paid close attention to the details.

If any one has any tips about the suspension setup feel free to chime in. we will be working on the 60 and making it go straight. When that happens we can go full power about 80% now.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 10:04 PM
Evolved Member

Car is awesome, make sure your alignment guy is up to snuff! When you make that kind of power its a major thing to get right. Can you guys post up what it costs for a clutch change and maybe your other services? Do you offer tuning?
Old Aug 20, 2009, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

i still couldnt get over the fact of how meticulously built that car was when i was there..im soon going to need a clutch change and some damn oil leak checked..so +1 on how much you charge for that..I've been hearing you are the most reasonable, if not, cheapest, but still do top notch work.
Old Aug 20, 2009, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Gordian79
Track was prepped.Problem is too many cars with street tires screw up track.That and bad suspension setups.I willing to bet my rwd 90" wheelbase Toyota Starlet would run low 8s like it always does with track the way it was on sunday.These high hp evos definately need better suspension tuners.
I wouldn't be so confident. The track was slick on the top end. My car runs within a tenth on every pass and sixty foots in the 1.2s. I was getting 1.5-1.7s and had to lift at 1000 feet on every pass. This is RWD with 29x13.5" slicks.

Congrats guys on doing so well! In our round I was able to get the car out of the hole under boost which was a suprise, but had to lift 4 times on the back half of the track and watched you pull away hard. It was nice to meet you guys.
Old Aug 20, 2009, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by kjewer1
I wouldn't be so confident. The track was slick on the top end. My car runs within a tenth on every pass and sixty foots in the 1.2s. I was getting 1.5-1.7s and had to lift at 1000 feet on every pass. This is RWD with 29x13.5" slicks.
It's easy to say i would've, could've, should've.. Etc...
The track was not at it's best.. PERIOD...

Anyhow.. Congrats to Dogbox.. You worked hard on that thing and it's finally starting to payoff.. Now it's time to get that thing in the 8's...
Old Aug 20, 2009, 10:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
The track was definitely in poor shape. The groove was very narrow and it just wasn't hooking anywhere. My best 60' of the day was 1.43. This is the first time I've been to a track in the last year that I wasn't in the mid-1.3's or better (best 1.282). My 330' times were off 0.3-0.4s from normal, 1/8 was off 0.4-0.5s, and I was spinning badly at the top of 2nd gear on every bump. I'm used to tuning my car to the track conditions, but I had everything fully turned down here and was still out of my normal window for test and tune no track-prep radial-tire nights at my local track. I was pulling a max of about 1.2G's and I'm used to 1.45G's on a normal track and 1.6G's on a good track. Make no mistake, the track was NOT hooking.

It was good running you guys in the semi's, I kept looking over and waiting for you to come blowing by! That was definitely the highlight pass of the day for me. You have a beautiful car and that was a pretty darn good pass for the conditions!

Kevin
Old Aug 20, 2009, 10:43 AM
Former Sponsor

Congrats guys on doing so well! In our round I was able to get the car out of the hole under boost which was a suprise, but had to lift 4 times on the back half of the track and watched you pull away hard. It was nice to meet you guys.
Thats a shame considering the Entry fee into the q16 was 700.00.. Your car is running a serious tire to be having traction issues.. If its as consistent as you say then its obvious the track prep was poor..

Next year consider Norwalk.. Track was sticky...
Old Aug 20, 2009, 11:14 AM
Evolved Member

I've been to the SO since 2002, so I do know how the track is prepped there. The 60 foot is not as good as my local track but the rest is better. I chose to go to the Showdown this year and I'm still happy with that choice, I had an awesome time with the guys that went there. Track prep will be an easy fix for next year. If the events happen on different dates I'll be at both. That being said I'd hate for this thread to get poluted with the same old event vs event stuff, it wouldn't be fair to the OP.
Old Aug 20, 2009, 11:16 AM
Former Sponsor

I've been to the SO since 2002, so I do know how the track is prepped there. The 60 foot is not as good as my local track but the rest is better. I chose to go to the Showdown this year and I'm still happy with that choice, I had an awesome time with the guys that went there. Track prep will be an easy fix for next year. If the events happen on different dates I'll be at both. That being said I'd hate for this thread to get poluted with the same old event vs event stuff, it wouldn't be fair to the OP.

Great.. I would love to see some more of the Quick RWD cars at the SO next year since it will be on different dates!! take it easy..

Mike

Quick Reply: Dogboxracing Evo showdown with vid