Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

18th Annual DSM/EVO Shootout

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2010, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by evodan2004
hum. what shop is it from. if its yellow why the hell do i not know about it? i dont think many people from NJ are going
Sorry Dan i can't remember all i do know is that they posted pics of it and their team finishing it up on the dyno i believe.

It had a big turbo and d/p that exited the hood, cage, chute, etc.

I'll try and find the link today and send it to ya.........an come to think of it it may be in NY rather than NJ

Originally Posted by Most-Wanted
David I am sooo sorry but I will not be able to make it. I tried everything imagineable to sell my RS4 and get into an evo by the event but it just didnt happen in time. Then I figured regardless I would just at least hang out. But an opportunity came up to purchase an evo and I bought evo #5 and will be flying out Sunday to pick it up. I tried organizing it where I could do both but too many things up in the air all week I am looking forward to another great build with the A-Team though I wish everyone a super and safe weekend and its good to be back. PLEASE post lots of pics.
Brian very glad to hear you're getting back into another Evo build will it be as serious as your last IX or something a little less drag oriented? Maybe that's a dumb ?
Old Aug 11, 2010, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Old Aug 11, 2010, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by evodan2004
Would you mind if I tagged along? We can figure a way to meet up. What hotel are you staying at
Im going to cedar park friday also first time at the event a tour guide would be nice ill pm you
Old Aug 11, 2010, 08:51 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by awddyno
I've never been around this many fast mitsus before. I have to say I'm somewhat intimidated.
Ron when are you leaving and where are you staying? We've got a pretty big MN crew making the trip from here lol.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by mrboost05
Im going to cedar park friday also first time at the event a tour guide would be nice ill pm you
Where are you in p.a. I got one guy coming with me and I might just hit the dyno day Friday instead of the park.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 09:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wish i was able to attend this year.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by PATRICK B.

Brian very glad to hear you're getting back into another Evo build will it be as serious as your last IX or something a little less drag oriented? Maybe that's a dumb ?
Thanks, I'm excited. This one will be going around corners Thats why I wanted to be ready for the shooutout since Dave mentioned doing an autocross type event. Not sure if that even is taking place now because I havent read much about it. I've been so busy trying to get one bought... It would be cool to see a road course type event though. I'll be ready for next year and I'm keeping this one
Old Aug 11, 2010, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Afaik the auto-X portion is still in full effect. Never watched it in person before. I cant wait to take a look
Old Aug 11, 2010, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Yes, autocross is in effect for sure. Depending on how it goes this year we may change the format of the event next year. Some ideas I have are to go to a full three day event. If we did that we'd do the open house/dyno day on Friday here at the shop. An autocross or possibly even a road course day on Saturday and then the drag portion on Sunday.

I think through looking at the changes in the cars, what people want etc., we've managed to keep this event strong and growing in the last 18 years. Regardless the cars being raced or the economy it has always grown from one year to the next.

If this autocross is large enough that will have me looking at adding it in another way next year to make the day go smoother.

We have guys coming into town already, saw some yesterday......it's obvious people take vacation for this event each year already. Adding in another day makes sense.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
If they can have 'Shark Week' I see no reason we can't create 'Shootout Week' lol.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 12:18 PM
Former Sponsor

Dave,
In the Max Effort class, would my 2009 Ralliart be in D/Street or E/Street?
Old Aug 11, 2010, 01:25 PM

I can't wait to get there going to visit Wakeman Saturday and heading to putinbay Saturday night and back to the hotel for the parkinglot lol then off to the races Sunday
Old Aug 11, 2010, 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

Well its official! The Evo is pretty much ready, hotel room at American Inn and suites booked! Time to wash the car, put the slicks on and load her up for this weekend! Cant wait to see everyone Saturday!
Old Aug 11, 2010, 03:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Most-Wanted
Thanks, I'm excited. This one will be going around corners Thats why I wanted to be ready for the shooutout since Dave mentioned doing an autocross type event. Not sure if that even is taking place now because I havent read much about it. I've been so busy trying to get one bought... It would be cool to see a road course type event though. I'll be ready for next year and I'm keeping this one
This is an actual Evo V? You got any pics of this car? Glad to have you back man! I can't wait to see what you and the "A-Team" have in store for it.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 05:51 PM
Evolved Member

trip

Originally Posted by ChrisCarey
Ron when are you leaving and where are you staying? We've got a pretty big MN crew making the trip from here lol.
Let me know when you guys are leaving. No plans on my part yet where to stay or anything. I have to finish some cars Friday so it won't be until afternoon when I can leave.

Quick Reply: 18th Annual DSM/EVO Shootout