Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

18th Annual DSM/EVO Shootout

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2010, 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
18th Annual DSM/EVO Shootout

18th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT-14th and 15th of August, 2010

Presented by:
Buschur Racing, Motovicity, Dynoflash, Shearer Fabrication, AWD Motorsports and Exedy Clutches
-Saturday, August 14th. 9am-5 pm. Open house, dyno shootout and car show held at Buschur Racing in Wakeman, Ohio. Don't miss this, it is a huge turn out and great time.

**DYNO COMPETITION
1. Stock Appearing Turbo's DSM/EVO
2. NON Stock Appearing Turbo's DSM/EVO.
**There will no longer be any FWD/RWD cars dyno'd during the competition. NO nitrous is allowed to be used during dyno runs.

Sunday, August 15th. Gates open at Norwalk Raceway park at 9 am. Track closes at 5 pm
-Quick/Gamblers Race qualifying at 10 am, 11 am and 12 pm.
-Time trials for everyone from 9am until noon.
-Car and driver entry fee is $35. Spectator entry fee is $15. Kids 12 and under are free.
-Current active full time or reserve military also get in FREE to spectate. Must show ID at the gate.
-Quick/Gamblers Race, $200 entry fee, 100% payback to racers
-FILL OUT YOUR TECH CARDS NEATLY AND COMPLETELY. Failure to do so will result in NOT receiving ANY prizes for your win!! Tech cards must be turned in at the head of the staging lanes before you make your first pass.
-Your class designation goes on the windshield followed by the number on your tech card. Class designations are listed in parenthesis next to the class names below. This is your class/car number for the day. You will time trial and race from the same lane all day. Lane assignments listed below.
-Any Mitsubishi powered vehicle including the Genesis Coupe can run at the shootout as long as it had either the original engine in the car (420A, 1.8 liter Mitsu, 4B11T, Stealth-3000GT, 3 liter Mitsu V6 etc.) or is powered by any one of these Mitsu engines. Cars NOT powered by a 4G63 MUST run in either Bracket 1 or Bracket 2.
-All vehicles competing in the drag racing at this event are required to have a MINIMUM of 3" of ground clearance from the front fascia to 12" behind the wheel. From 12" behind the wheel to the rear of the car can be as low as 2". This rule will be strictly enforced. Anyone found to be lower than that will be disqualified with no refund.
-Tech for each class is done by your peers in your class. If you are found to be illegal for a class before the first round you can move to another class you fit into. If you are found to be illegal during eliminations you will be disqualified. READ THE RULES.
-Any vehicle racing at the event that has a full roll cage that interferes with the installation of headliner or back seat will be allowed to run without those interior parts.
-ALL competitors who run quicker than a 13.99 are required to wear a helmet, long pants and a long sleeved shirt. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
-NO nitrous allowed in any class except for TT, B1, B2 and Quick.
-NO delay boxes or throttle stops permitted.

DSM ELIMINATOR (DSE)
-Heads up class. Pro Tree.
-Any 1990-1999 Talon, Eclipse, Laser or Galant VR4
-This is for any DSM that wants to run heads-up.
-NO nitrous. ANY DOT tire. This class is designed for street cars. Street cars have and are required to run, mirrors, headlights and wipers along with a full interior and full exhaust.
-Full interior includes EVERYTHING except for the trunk area as long as it is covered by the factory cover. If you have a roll bar/cage that makes it impossible to re-install the back seats or some interior trim pieces that is OK.
-All DSM Eliminator cars will qualify, time trial and race from lane #1
-On your windshield you will put in large print, DSE followed by the number from your tech card. This is your class/car number for the day.

DSM Stock Turbo (DST)
-Two rules for this class. The turbo on your 1g/2g DSM MUST appear to be a stock turbo for ANY 1G OR 2G DSM and NO nitrous.
-All DST cars will qualify, time trial and race from Lane #2
-On your windshield you will put in large print, DST followed by the number from your tech card. This is your class/car number for the day.
-Entry fees can be pre-paid for THIS CLASS ONLY by sending a paypal to davidbuschur@buschurracing.com ALL entry fees paid BEFORE August 1st 2010 will be paid back to the class 100%.

EVO STOCK APPEARING (ESA)
-Heads up class. Pro Tree.
-Evolution 7's, 8's, 9's and X's only.
-Car must retain stock appearing intake manifold. Stock appearing turbo. Sheet metal 02 housings with recirculating or open dumps OK. Full exhaust is required. Intercooler, intercooler plumbing, MAF inlet, air filter, battery kits are all OK for this class. Good example of a legal appearing car is a Buschur Racing Stage 4 EVO. Beyond those mods the car will not pass for stock appearing. NO nitrous. DOT RADIAL TIRE ONLY. NO tread wear rating limits. Stock location headers are OK. No half radiators. Also must run mirrors, wipers and headlights.
-All EVO Stock Appearing cars will qualify time trial and race from LANE #3.
-On your windshield you will put in large print, ESA followed by the number from your tech card. This is your class/car number for the day.

EVO ELIMINATOR (EE)
-Heads up class. Pro tree.
-Evolution 7's, 8's, 9's and X's only.
-This is for the more modified Evolutions. Full exhaust, mirrors, wipers, headlights, full interior and full exhaust required. NO nitrous and ANY DOT tire.
-All Evo Eliminator cars will qualify time trial and race from LANE #4.
-On your windshield you will put in large print, EE followed by the number from your tech card. This is your class/car number for the day.

BRACKET 1 (B1)
-This is a handicapped start class for cars running between 0-12.99 seconds.
-ANYTHING goes as long as it is Mitsubishi powered OR is a Mitsubishi bodied car with the OEM engine in it.
-All Bracket 1 cars will qualify time trial and race from LANE #4.
-On your windshield you will put in large print, B1 followed by the number from your tech card. This is your class/car number for the day.

BRACKET 2 (B2)
-This is a handicapped start class for cars running 13.00 and slower.
-ANYTHING goes as long as it is Mitsubishi powered OR is a Mitsubishi bodied car with the OEM engine in it.
-All Bracket 2 cars will qualify, time trial and race from LANE #5
-On your windshield you will put in large print, B2 followed by the number from your tech card. This is your class/car number for the day.

Bullseye Power QUICK/Gamblers Race (QWK)
-Heads up Pro Tree. Anything goes as long as it is 4G63 powered. NO tube chassis cars. You MUST qualify at one of the qualifying times to get on the ladder.
-LANE #8 for QWK qualifiers and eliminations.
-On your windshield you will put in large print, QWK followed by the number from your tech card. This is your class/car number for the day.
-This class has NO limit to the amount of racers that will be allowed. The more racers the higher the purse will grow. Once you pay your entry fee you are IN the class.
-You still MUST show up for qualifying so your car can be placed on the ladder.
-Based on a 16 car field this class will payout $3200.
-$1800 1st place
-$900 2nd place
-$250 3rd place.
*More or less cars in the field and the payouts will be adjusted but 100% of the entry fee will be paid back to 1-3 places.

TEST AND TUNE (TT)
-This class is being put into effect for those of you that just want to make some passes with your car and are not interested in competing.
-Time Trials will be run in between class runs and when time permits.
-All Test and Tune cars will runs from LANE #6.
-There are NO rules for this class.
-ANY vehicle will be allowed to make time trials during the day, even your rental car.
-You do have to purchase a tech card and pay for car and driver entry when you come in the gate.
-On your windshield you will put in large print, TT followed by the number from your tech card. This is your class/car number for the day.
-ALL ROTARIES MUST RUN A MUFFLER OR YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO RUN.
-Tube chassis cars, RWD's etc., are all welcome to run in this class for testing or exhibition purposes.

MOTOVICITY MAX EFFORT
**Mandatory drivers meeting for this class at 9:30. If you miss the drivers meeting you can NOT race in the class.
-New for this year. The Max Effort class combines autocrossing and drag racing.
-You will need to read the classes listed BELOW and pick the class your car fits into. Put your class followed by the number on your tech card on your windshield.
**For example, my tech card number is 100, my car is a 140 treadwear tire on an EVO. I'd put E/Street 100 on the windshield.
-You will then proceed to the west side (Summit side) of the drag strip. You can drive there on the roadway located behind the staging lanes. You can then run your (4) drag runs or (4) autocross runs in any order you choose. ONLY (4) runs of each! You will make your drag runs out of lane #11 or #12 on the SUMMIT side of the track. Your best ¼ mile ET will then be combined with your best autocross time at the end of the event for a total which will place you then determine the winner in each class.
-Any tire can be used BUT the tire you choose must be used for both the autocross and drag racing portions.
-Also NOTE, the MAX EFFORT class is COMPLETELY seperate from the normal drag race classes of the shootout.
-Owner of the car must drive the car in both events, NO other drivers permitted.
-Report to the spectator/Summit side of the track IMMEDIATELY when the gates open at 9am.
9:30 am-MANDATORY DRIVERS MEETING FOR MAX EFFORT
-All DSM's, Ralliarts or other Mitsubishi powered shootout legal vehicles will compete in D/Street or D/Race
-All EVO's will compete in E/Street or E/Race
-Tires and car type are all that will seperate the classes.
-Street tires will be 140 and higher treadwear ratings
-Race tires will be 139 and lower treadwear ratings
-Any tires that do NOT have a visible treadwear rating on them will be considered a race tire.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
VENDORS. **Vendor space is free to all vendors who attended the 17th Annual, 2009 Shootout. You must still pay the standard gate admission or buy a tech card if you need one. Vendors/shops that chose to attend other events in 2009 or not attend the 2009 event can contact me for pricing. ABSOLUTELY NO DISPLAYING OF SHOP BANNERS, PASSING OUT LITERATURE OR ANY OTHER PROMOTIONAL ITEMS UNLESS YOU ARE AN APPROVED VENDOR!!
*Bullseye Power
*Motovicity
*Strictly Import Motorsports
*DEI
*Shearer Fabrication
*Dynoflash
*CBRD
*DSM Graveyard
*Exedy Clutches
*Wiseco Pistons
*Strictly Modified
*Gills Tees
-Awarding shirts to the winners of: 1. QUICK/Gamblers Race (QWK), 2. EVO ELIMINATOR (EE), 3. EVO STOCK APPEARING (ESA) and 4. DSM ELIMINATOR (DSE).
*AWD Motorsports
*Forced Performance
*STM
*Shepherd Racing
*Douglas Autoworks
*Jay Racing
*Legendary Wraps
*Hi-Psi Powdercoating
*Mitsu-Media.com

For the 18th Annual, 2010 race we will have all vendors set up on a vendors row. This will give the spectators/racers easier access to all of us and they will be able to make a simple walk in one area to see all the vendors.
CLASS SPONSORS. Always interested in having new sponsors on board. Each class is $1000 to sponsor. This gets your name on the trophies, announcements throughout the day about your business, your company display in with vendor status and 5 people. Saturday at our open house a limited size display can be put up at our open house. Your display space is unlimited on Sunday at the track. The class sponsorship also covers 5 crew/employees to enter.
**The plaques that will be awarded at the shootout are all MADE IN THE USA. Doesn't seem like a big deal but trying to find trophies/plaques made in the USA, wasn't easy to do.
**Payouts are based on the attendance of the race as they are every year. In 2007 we paid out $6600 in cash to the class winners on top of prizes from sponsors and trophies.
In 2009 we paid out $15,000 in cash and prizes thanks to the help of great sponsors like Shearer Fabrication, AWD Motorsports, Exedy Racing Clutches, Forced Performance, Mellon Tuning, Dynoflash and Driven Innovations.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HOTELS LOCATED IN NORWALK
All American Inn and Suites 419-663-1922
Best Western 419-663-3501
Econolodge 419-668-5656

NOTE: WE DO HAVE A RAIN DATE FOR RACING IN CASE WE NEED IT. IF IT WERE TO RAIN OUT ON THE 15TH WE WILL BE RACING ON MONDAY THE 16TH.

Last edited by David Buschur; Aug 12, 2010 at 06:18 AM.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

AWD Motorsports will be offering tuning at our shop during the week of the Shootout. Here are the specifics. Some of you may or may not know, AWD's Tuner Diirk, has put the first EVO in the 8's on the stock ECU, so if you are looking for some speed density tuning on the stock ECU he's the guy to get with for it. Cris will also be here for Haltech/AEM tuning for anyone interested.

Please contact Mike at AWD Motorsports and let him know if you need any advice on your setup so that when the car comes to tune its ready to go.. AWD Motorsports will not be doing installs that week.. So have you AIT and MAP sensors ready to go for SD tunes etc.. PM Mike for any further details.. Below is pricing and Info..

August 12-13th

Tuning Prices:
395.00 for Stock ECU 8/9/10
495.00 for Stock ECU Speed Density 8/9

Dyno time:
100/hr

We will need 200.00 deposit paid up front to schedule you for the tune.. 100.00 for Dyno and 100.00 towards tune.. This will be NON-REFUNDABLE.. We cannot be expected to arrive early in Ohio only to refund those who couldnt make it.. So keep this in mind.. If there is not enough people this will be the 13th only most likely and not a 2 day deal.. Well see how it goes..

Last edited by David Buschur; Jul 15, 2010 at 02:21 PM.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 11:54 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 134 Likes on 81 Posts
Stuck.
Feedback wanted for the autocross competition.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 12:19 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Awesome!! Count us in.

-Cisco
Old Jan 20, 2010, 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
sick ill be there dave!
Old Jan 21, 2010, 06:40 AM
Account Disabled

I hope to be there this year
Old Jan 21, 2010, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

I'll be there! Can't wait as always.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 09:20 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You know we will be there!

-Em
Old Jan 21, 2010, 10:28 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the best evo/ mitsu event of the year .everyone should attened this event
Old Jan 21, 2010, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

Still looking for some input on the autocross/drag=King of the Hill class this year guys, let's hear some idea.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 10:54 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
We will be there with the time attack car, and it will run down the strip this year!

thanks for having us again david, Caleb will be coming with me, so im sure it will be interesting with vwjeff, tim, and the boys lol

cb
Old Jan 21, 2010, 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

OK, I've been thinking about this quite a bit. Not getting much input, thanks for yours slorice.

I don't like "King of the Hill" for a name, Ultimate Street Car is taken and some of these may not be street cars, Top Gun is cool but it is also taken from Winged Warrior. So I went and hit a synonym site to see what I could come up with and I have something I like. I started with Ultimate and it led me to "extreme" which led me to "maximum" which I like. Too many different "Extreme" this and that's around. That lead me somehow to "accomplishment" which is defined as "something successfully done or completed" and I found "effort". Which has brought me to the name of this portion of the shootout, "Max Effort ____" The blank will be the class you fit into, so "Max Effort Evo Eliminator" for the Bad Bish. Hope the rest of you like it.

I think with Slorice's help I have the classes figured out too and can set this up fairly well.

Here is how I think this portion of the event can be run.

Everyone will enter the track from the pit side and pay their entry fees. You will then chose the class you wish to enter and proceed to either the staging lanes for the drag strip portion or to the opposite side of the track for your autocross sessions.

We will split the classes up like this:

Morning session from 9am until 11:30am
DSE
ESA
TT

Afternoon session from 12 pm to 2:30 pm
DST
EE
TT

For cars that fit into the DSA, DST, ESA, EE classes by the standard Shootout rules you will run in those classes. For anyone who does not fit into one of those classes we will group you all together into the TT classes.

Anyone competing will be required to make at least ONE autocross run and ONE drag strip run to get an ET from each for your total time to get your score. You may of course make as many drag passes as you can in the time you have and we are hoping for 3-4 autocross runs too.

The racer entry fee is $35, which will be paid when you enter the gate.

What do you guys think?
Old Jan 21, 2010, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CBRD
thanks for having us again david, Caleb will be coming with me, so im sure it will be interesting with vwjeff, tim, and the boys lol
Awesome!! You guys need to stay at the hotels this year....it was a freaking blast!!
Old Jan 21, 2010, 05:13 PM
Evolved Member

You guys should invite AMS, i really would like to see them there!
Old Jan 22, 2010, 12:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by project_skyline
You guys should invite AMS, i really would like to see them there!
Not my place to speak for others and I may be mistaken but I think AMS was one of the companies that chose the e-town event over the shootout last year and there may be bad blood. Wow that was a run-on sentence.

Regardless, I'm looking foward to the event. My hotel is booked and the time off from work has already been scheduled. X should be complete and all the bugs worked out and with any luck she'll be into the high 8's low 9's by the shootout.

Cant wait.

Quick Reply: 18th Annual DSM/EVO Shootout