Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Black Mamba 9 second pass video!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2010, 12:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by victoryred
Jorge have you always tuned your car? I remember you in a dynoflash video didn't know you tuned just curious.
That was too long ago.

Since then I've tuned many Evo VIII/IX/X's, DSM, Ralliarts, SRT-4, MKIII/IV Supras, GTO, G8's too name a few

Thanks to Al though..he was the reason I got into tuning....mainly because I realized fly-in tuning simply did not work well for daily driven cars..especially standalones.

To Mellon...the car was roughly 3100-3200 without me in it that night. The scale's at the track were broken. It was on a half tank of E85, full exhaust, and a 6-point autopower steel bolt-in cage as weight adders.

Thanks again everyone.

Last edited by Nissan2Evo; Jul 12, 2010 at 12:05 AM.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 12:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
must be scary tuning a 9 second car on the street hahaha
Old Jul 12, 2010, 03:37 PM

Jorge man hurts that you thinking about selling the Mamba man it has a bond with the shop bro. It should sit in front of shop because its like the shop mascot. Maybe work on the looks and paint sick *** graphics on it with JMS all over it. Big sick black mamba on it or something lol.

Originally Posted by Nissan2Evo
I wish it felt as easy! lol

I really like the M/T slicks you have..I may be looking into those. It will depend on the direction I end up going in with the car. I'm considering selling it now that it's mission was accomplished.

Any potential buyers or know of anyone pm me
Old Jul 12, 2010, 11:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
One question; I noticed you use to have the Quartermaster twin and now have the Exedy Triple. Any reason for the change?
Old Jul 17, 2010, 07:25 AM

Hey Jorge if you do sell anyway i can get clutch and roll bar from you and slicks with the rims so I can hit the 9's too struts too if possible that is if you plan on parting some of it out would love to get those from you. Would like to have the gun metal rims too for the DSM PLEASE!!!!!!!
Old Jul 17, 2010, 07:41 AM
Former Sponsor

wohh!! jorge, if you sell, you DEFINATELY need to get another evo and built a time attack/road race car and join us!!!!! i would love for another shop to participate at the events. the sweet thing about road racing is there is so much more you can play with on the car to extract time, its not all about power and weight. DO IT!!!! (hell, the mamba would work fine, just put a smaller turbo on it and bigger brakes).
Old Jul 17, 2010, 08:04 AM
Evolving Member

Awesome job. Congrats guys
Old Jul 18, 2010, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by KevinD
wohh!! jorge, if you sell, you DEFINATELY need to get another evo and built a time attack/road race car and join us!!!!! i would love for another shop to participate at the events. the sweet thing about road racing is there is so much more you can play with on the car to extract time, its not all about power and weight. DO IT!!!! (hell, the mamba would work fine, just put a smaller turbo on it and bigger brakes).
I am liking the sound of that as long as you come to the drag strip still lol need some company out there. I don't know much about time attack but I am down to get involved and learn. I will be there to support JMS I like that idea better about the Mamba. Sounds like a mission for the Mamba again. Ha Ha
Old Jul 18, 2010, 10:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
congrats on your 9's
and coolest thing is probably being able to drive to the track, get a 9s' pass and drive her home

grats again

dj
Old Jul 19, 2010, 07:33 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks again everyone.

I appreciate the invite Kevin to joing the twisties and turns, but my passion lies at the drag strip. We may have somehere in the near future wanting to build an all out road racing Evo, but we'll see.

I received some good offers for the Mamba, but have turned them down...I can't show up to the Buschur Shootout with a 2JZ 240sx now could I
Old Jul 19, 2010, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I received some good offers for the Mamba, but have turned them down...I can't show up to the Buschur Shootout with a 2JZ 240sx now could I
Old Jul 29, 2010, 03:04 AM

That is what I like to hear. Hell no you can't the evo is a must. Wish I could come make sure you guys get lots of videos so I don't miss out. Seeing you racing along next to Buscher would be sick man its going to feel great. Its like a honor, I am jealous ha ha have fun guys.

Thanks again everyone.

I appreciate the invite Kevin to joing the twisties and turns, but my passion lies at the drag strip. We may have somehere in the near future wanting to build an all out road racing Evo, but we'll see.