Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

"junk box" 9.17@156.52 39psi

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2011, 04:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good luck on that 8!! Do you have excessive amounts
Of weight out of the car to Compensate for that cage??
get it done man!!
Old Jun 14, 2011, 08:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by HyboostN
Good luck on that 8!! Do you have excessive amounts
Of weight out of the car to Compensate for that cage??
get it done man!!
Thanks Man! The car has a decent amount of weight reduction to compensate for the cage. After the cage is installed i might do a little more. I will make up the weight that has been put in. When the car ran 9.1 it was on stock ignition on 39PSI. Im switching to the new sequential spark tech ignition, and going to bigger cams. With these improvements the car will hopefully make more power and will make up for it. Stay tuned! Going to the track this weekend
Old Jun 14, 2011, 08:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts
Chromoly cage shouldn't weigh too much anyway.

Good luck at the track this weekend man.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 09:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evosick2332
Thanks Man! The car has a decent amount of weight reduction to compensate for the cage. After the cage is installed i might do a little more. I will make up the weight that has been put in. When the car ran 9.1 it was on stock ignition on 39PSI. Im switching to the new sequential spark tech ignition, and going to bigger cams. With these improvements the car will hopefully make more power and will make up for it. Stay tuned! Going to the track this weekend

Sorry if you posted before, but what cams do you have currently? And what cams are you going to do now?

Look forward to your 8 second pass man. Seems these days 9's are the new 11's lol
Old Jun 15, 2011, 06:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by badev0
Chromoly cage shouldn't weigh too much anyway.

Good luck at the track this weekend man.
Thanks dude! The cage will be Chromoly so it wont be that bad. Im getting in done in a couple weeks, ill have pics of everything before, during, adn after!

Originally Posted by evodude32
Sorry if you posted before, but what cams do you have currently? And what cams are you going to do now?

Look forward to your 8 second pass man. Seems these days 9's are the new 11's lol
No worries man, the Cams i am running now are the Forced Performance Fp5r. There awesome cams, I ran them on my Fp Black setup last season. Since the car is making a lot more power then last year i decided to go with bigger Cams. I just bought the Kelfords 288/280. They have 8 more duration and the exhaust side is .50mm bigger. The cams should make a heck amount more power but we will see. The car will be on the Dyno before and after test. We just wanna do the test to see for ourselves ya know. With the new ignition, New Cams, a little more boost car should hit 800whp on the Mustang Dyno. That is the plan! Ill keep everyone posted. Im not going to the track with the cams yet. Im swapping Cams next week! This weekend im going to the track the same way minus the new ignition and a few little tweaks!
Old Jun 15, 2011, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

How much does your evo weigh w driver and fuel? Those are sick passes!
Old Jun 15, 2011, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TakaseEVOIXSE
How much does your evo weigh w driver and fuel? Those are sick passes!
Thank you! I have not weighed my car yet on the scales. I hope to in the next week or so when i have some time. Im just so busy right now. Once I do ill post up the weight and everything
Old Jun 17, 2011, 08:15 AM
Evolved Member

UPDATE!

Going to GLD dragstrip tonight where i ran my 9.1 pass a couple weeks ago. The weather temperture wise should be perfect. However there is a small chance of rain real late which i believe will come after the track closes which will be good!

I am going back to the track with basically a new downpipe/turndown, fresh plugs, oil change, and borrowing a spark tech ignition since mine wont be in till next week. Thanks Devin and Kristin! I had the car out on the street a little bit last weekend and car has a small break up which u can tell right away the stock ignition was not likeing me any more hahaha. So now the car is all set and ready to go! I hope for a better time then my 9.1 pass. It would be great to go 9.0 and then hit that 8 sec pass. I am not going to get greedy or anything, just going to let it happen and hope for the best.

Stay tuned for results when i get back later tonight or first thing in the morning tomorrow
Old Jun 17, 2011, 08:24 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Can't wait Joey!!
Old Jun 17, 2011, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

Good luck. Thank you for making me love the turbo I bought... LoL
Old Jun 17, 2011, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Boostin Perform
Can't wait Joey!!
Same here!!

Originally Posted by *constant_boost
Good luck. Thank you for making me love the turbo I bought... LoL
Thank you!...Ur going to love the 6765!
Old Jun 18, 2011, 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Any updates?
Old Jun 18, 2011, 05:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by s.e.a.n.
Any updates?
^^^x10!!
Old Jun 18, 2011, 06:57 PM

Wow very fast car
Old Jun 19, 2011, 09:08 AM
Evolved Member

UPDATE!

Sorry I didnt update this yesterday, I had so much stuff to do. Went to the track Friday night for a couple hours. I had major traction issues haha and couldnt get the car to make a full pass. I would have to short shift into 2nd for in to go in gear and after 2nd gear in 3rd, I would have to let off. Car would be all over the place. Car pulls to the right pretty bad and I havent had a alignment done since last year so i think its time to do one Although I didnt make a full pass, i still had fun. Its going to take a little time to dial her in car. Car was running strong as hell. I think it was a little too much power for the track considering everyone was have issues with hooking up. The plan is to go back next Sunday during the day to Byron where the track is better

Friday were hoping back on the Dyno. The only changes i made to the car before Friday track day was the new turn down exhaust which is a lot shorter and borrow Devins spark tech untill mine gets in. Thanks Devin! Friday were going back to the dyno, do a couple baseline pulls then do the Cam sway there and see what more she will do Ill have pics up and everything when the time comes on Friday. For 2 days this week ill be out of town for business/work so when i get back ill update this. Cant wait to get back out there, with a few little adjustments and good track conditions, 8s here we come!

Yesterday afternoon I took the car to a big car show and entered to see if i can win. It was a awesome turnout. However i didnt win but i got there real late and voting started at 3. I didnt get there till 630 lol. Heres a quick pic of the car there:

Driving the car home from the show to get gas, get food, then go back out with car. Got a nail in the tire

Here a picturing of me doing a burnout at the track!

Quick Reply: "junk box" 9.17@156.52 39psi