Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Damn it Emery at STM!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2011, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by BigT
Thats a shame. I was looking forward to seeing another Buschur drag car.
same here.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 09:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BigT
Thats a shame. I was looking forward to seeing another Buschur drag car.
me too!!
Old Aug 10, 2011, 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
I feel like this is going to a new home soon. maybe stm. but i could be really wrong
Old Aug 10, 2011, 05:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Whats the current condition and how much would you sell for david?
Old Aug 10, 2011, 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by David Buschur
I'm hoping word doesn't get leaked out about what we are doing. Going to be hard to keep it quiet until the Shootout but that is the plan. I will post up some really tight pictures zoomed in on some parts and such and maybe a dyno sheet at things get going.

This time around I plan to do whatever the hell it takes to go fast which will include throwing nitrous at the car. ET/MPH is all I care about. I'm not running a tin can again and I will not get away from the stock suspension but beyond that there is no rules. This car will probably end up at the Texas Mile and maybe even Bonneville, as long as we don't get disgusted again and that's always a possibility.

Like I tell my son, drag racing is a few seconds of pleasure when things go right and countless hours of work and aggravation the rest of the time.

BTW, there is absolutely NO, NONE, NOT AN OUNCE of problem or competition between myself and Emery/STM. I consider him a very close friend and have provided him with anything he has needed, information, advise, parts whatever. I have no secrets with Emery. His running fast lately has simply motivated me to give it another try, plain and simple.

The community needed someone to get motivated and go fast again, it's been awhile and I'm glad it was Emery who gave it a boost.

Well said. I actually really like that sportsmanship. This is what its all about.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Well................I put Jarrod to work today because I knew he'd do a kick *** job for me and he did. The worst part of the car was the cage and the floor pan in the back of the car. The door seals had been removed and water got in the car, rusting the bare cage and rear floor. Well I can't be more impressed with Jarrod's work today. He cleaned the cage and floor with scotch bright and numerous other tools and has it looking fantastic. New door seals have been ordered for it so it doesn't happen again. I think we are going to sell the Sparco race seats that are in the car and put my RS EVO interior back in it. Continue cleaning it up as it looks like with some elbow grease it will be as nice as it was when I saw it 3 years ago.

The car will be at the shop for the shootout on Friday. Any of you are that interested in having it built for "whatever" purpose let one of us know.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 07:16 AM
Former Sponsor

^^^ Thanks David! I appreciate it.

Glad you're happy with how it came out, it definitely looks good if I may say so myself.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

Why not keep it now and build what you wanted to build?
Old Aug 11, 2011, 07:31 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Jrod@Buschur
^^^ Thanks David! I appreciate it.

Glad you're happy with how it came out, it definitely looks good if I may say so myself.
Pics or it didn't happen!
Old Aug 11, 2011, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

evodan, because I don't want to build another drag car. I must have been sniffing glue the day I convinced myself I did.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

evodan, because I don't want to build another drag car. I must have been sniffing glue the day I convinced myself I did.

LOL. i mean i can agree with you but at the same time i wish you did it.

why not build a car like your RS. the RS is an all around street, auto cross, drag car. it can do it all. why not make the same car but one meant only for street and 1/4 MILE passes. huge turbo and all the bells and whistles.

OR

why not just slap a monster turbo on the bish and see what you can do with it. its just a turbo kit. it can simply go back to the HTA86 any time.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 05:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i think you need more of that glue...i really wanted to see another drag car from ya
Old Aug 17, 2011, 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

Well the car is looking good, just in time for all to see it and the shootout Floor and cage are cleaned up, floor is painted with come carpet we had installed. My EVO8 rear seats are in it and there are new inner/outer door seals installed.

Other than bolting the seats in it, installing some type of engine management and a BOV, downpipe, it's about ready to run for someone! Don't make it HAVE to me ME!
Old Aug 18, 2011, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm thinking any potential buyers are gonna wait til after the shootout so we can see you drive it lol