Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

"Junk Box" Evo @ 2012 Shootout!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2012, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Pizzamangtr
You def going to tx2k13? You want me to set you up with the big boys? Congrats again! Evo moves out!
I would like to make it to Tx2K13. It just all depends. Car will have some changes next year so it all depends on timing. But thanks Man!

Originally Posted by SS2EVO
I always love seeing the numbers and speeds this Evo puts out!!! Awesome work, man!
Thanks Bud! Going back out in a couple weeks.

Old Aug 21, 2012, 11:58 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Congrats to everything Joey! It was great to finally meet you as Tyler is always talking about your build. Need to put the beast on a diet. Awesome to see a very consistent low 9 second car. Should bring it out to Import vs Domestic at Maryland International Raceway in November! Nothing like Negative DA numbers!

-Adam
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dynotech Tuning
Congrats to everything Joey! It was great to finally meet you as Tyler is always talking about your build. Need to put the beast on a diet. Awesome to see a very consistent low 9 second car. Should bring it out to Import vs Domestic at Maryland International Raceway in November! Nothing like Negative DA numbers!

-Adam
Agree! I'll def be there! It'll be a blast! I love battling the vette guys!
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:14 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks Adam! It was nice to meet you guys as well. Ive been talking to Tyler ever since he first bought his Evo and its amazing with what you did to that car. Congrats on getting the Stock Turbo Evo record!

Import vs Domestic race would be fun. Ill see what my schedule is like and maybe I can make another trip. If I cant make it, i think my next trip will be to the IDRC event at Buschur again in May. Never been to that one and i hear its a blast also.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 09:14 PM
Evolved Member

Did not beat my 8.98 pass but was still happy i ran 9.0 there. Here is the video. More videos and different angles will be up soon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU67K...ature=youtu.be
Old Aug 22, 2012, 04:41 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats joey!! Any time you can compete in a big event, make it to finals & still be able to take your car home in running condition is a great time! And to come second only to the red demon is by far very impressive! Congrats again to you & all of boostin performance!
Old Aug 22, 2012, 05:31 AM
Evolved Member

Junkbox makes me jelly! Great driving at the shootout man, cars so consistent its crazy! The seasons not over and I'm sure there will be more 8sec passes under your belt
Old Aug 22, 2012, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by junkboxEvo
Congrats joey!! Any time you can compete in a big event, make it to finals & still be able to take your car home in running condition is a great time! And to come second only to the red demon is by far very impressive! Congrats again to you & all of boostin performance!
Thanks Bud! It was a fun day and it was great to be in the finals with the Red Demon. Im glad the Junk Box stayed solid and consistent and im really happy i made a 9.0 pass there. Car was just spinning more then i hoped this past weekend and i tried many things to prevent it. Overall it was awesome. Car came home in 1 piece and now going to make some changes. Rear Wilwood small brakes and staging brake come next week. Time to get the car down on weight and more light weight parts! I have some more videos being uploaded today. Stay tuned!!

Originally Posted by AngryEvo8
Junkbox makes me jelly! Great driving at the shootout man, cars so consistent its crazy! The seasons not over and I'm sure there will be more 8sec passes under your belt
Thanks J! I had truely a great time and it was a blast being around great friends and people. Making some changes and will be back out in a couple weeks. Time to make a couple more 8 second passes! Mr. Boost and Junk Box trrack day in a couple weeks?
Old Aug 22, 2012, 07:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great times and I love that engine bay!
Old Aug 22, 2012, 07:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mdost03
Great times and I love that engine bay!
Thank you sir! When the motor is out over the off season, I am going to paint the bay and do a full wire tuck. Half of the wiring in the car right now is useless and not needed. I just need the motor out to do it all. Stay tuned for more videos and Pics!
Old Aug 22, 2012, 08:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evosick2332
Thanks Bud! It was a fun day and it was great to be in the finals with the Red Demon. Im glad the Junk Box stayed solid and consistent and im really happy i made a 9.0 pass there. Car was just spinning more then i hoped this past weekend and i tried many things to prevent it. Overall it was awesome. Car came home in 1 piece and now going to make some changes. Rear Wilwood small brakes and staging brake come next week. Time to get the car down on weight and more light weight parts! I have some more videos being uploaded today. Stay tuned!!

Thanks J! I had truely a great time and it was a blast being around great friends and people. Making some changes and will be back out in a couple weeks. Time to make a couple more 8 second passes! Mr. Boost and Junk Box trrack day in a couple weeks?

That's great man!! I wish I coulda made it out there. But since my timing belt snapped a couple weeks ago it really set me back. But she'll be ready to Rock for next months Evo/Sti event! I'm getting a stage brake installed as well lol.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 08:16 AM
Evolved Member

That's great man!! I wish I coulda made it out there. But since my timing belt snapped a couple weeks ago it really set me back. But she'll be ready to Rock for next months Evo/Sti event! I'm getting a stage brake installed as well lol.
Staging brakes are the way to go. I cant wait to get mine as well. Im getting sick of launching of the stock E-Brake lol. I wish I could make it out to the EVO/STI event. Thats just a long haul for us here in Chicago lol.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

Congrats on your second place quick 16 finish
Old Aug 22, 2012, 08:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evosick2332
Staging brakes are the way to go. I cant wait to get mine as well. Im getting sick of launching of the stock E-Brake lol. I wish I could make it out to the EVO/STI event. Thats just a long haul for us here in Chicago lol.
Lol Atleast u have a stock e brake! I been launching with NOOO e brake lol. My car doesn't have any e brake. I completely understand. It's a serious ride.... I tell u one thing I'm deff Gona go to next yrs shoot out!! Hopefully by then I'll have an actually built block & t3 turbo Lolol.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by itsmrrizz2you
Congrats on your second place quick 16 finish
Thanks!

Lol Atleast u have a stock e brake! I been launching with NOOO e brake lol. My car doesn't have any e brake. I completely understand. It's a serious ride.... I tell u one thing I'm deff Gona go to next yrs shoot out!! Hopefully by then I'll have an actually built block & t3 turbo Lolol.
Lol I used to launch with no E-brake, but the car would creep forward. If i didnt use the E-Brake now it would do the same thing. I plan to go to the sport compact event back at Summit Motorsports in May in 2013. I always hear great things about that event as well. The ride for me is about 4:30-5 Hours which isnt bad at all. You definetly need to make it to the Shootout next year. Its one hell of a time

Quick Reply: "Junk Box" Evo @ 2012 Shootout!!