Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

"Junk Box" Evo @ 2012 Shootout!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2012, 08:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Joey!

Man, what an awesome weekend out at the shootout, was good to meet you finally and see that car go.

I'm working on the videos I took this weekend, got some great angles. Waiting for my new laptop to get here (tomorrow) and I'll throw them up!

Congratulations, you deserve it!
Old Aug 22, 2012, 09:00 AM
Evolving Member

Damn that's moving out, and pretty consistantly.

You should def make it to TX2k13, it's tons of fun.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 09:11 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Evosick2332
Thanks!

Lol I used to launch with no E-brake, but the car would creep forward. If i didnt use the E-Brake now it would do the same thing. I plan to go to the sport compact event back at Summit Motorsports in May in 2013. I always hear great things about that event as well. The ride for me is about 4:30-5 Hours which isnt bad at all. You definetly need to make it to the Shootout next year. Its one hell of a time
lol from the pics & vids it deff looked like one hell of a time.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by biggie prollz
Joey!

Man, what an awesome weekend out at the shootout, was good to meet you finally and see that car go.

I'm working on the videos I took this weekend, got some great angles. Waiting for my new laptop to get here (tomorrow) and I'll throw them up!

Congratulations, you deserve it!
Thanks man I appreciate it! This past weekend was one of the best weekends in my life. Not just the car running great, just overall with great people and friends. It was good to meet you also. Looking forward to some more Videos. Kristen @ Boostin has most of my videos but would like to see different angles as well. Thanks Bud!

Originally Posted by Bramage_Dained
Damn that's moving out, and pretty consistantly.

You should def make it to TX2k13, it's tons of fun.
Thanks man! TX2K13 is on my list. It just all depends on timing and if the car is ready to go in March. I hear that is tons of fun also. Will see how it goes
Old Aug 22, 2012, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

DAMN Joey what a great sounding weekend for you and Devin!

Congrats to you for getting to the finals w/ your consistant passes......a loss is a loss but i'm sure it was easy to accept defeat when it's a good friend in the next lane lol

Would have been great to see another 8sec pass but we all know you have a badass Evo already
Old Aug 22, 2012, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PATRICK B.
DAMN Joey what a great sounding weekend for you and Devin!

Congrats to you for getting to the finals w/ your consistant passes......a loss is a loss but i'm sure it was easy to accept defeat when it's a good friend in the next lane lol

Would have been great to see another 8sec pass but we all know you have a badass Evo already
Thanks Patrick! It was a great weekend for both of us and couldnt be any more happier then how the car ran. 9.0@163mph made me pretty happy. For some reason the car was spinning more at Summitt and the 60fts werent there. On the 9.0 pass, the car kicked to the left big time in 3rd gear. Going to go back out in a couple weeks with some changes. 8.8s here i come!

Being in the finals was awesome, if there is anyone i would want to lose to it would be Devin. Im happy he won and he deserves it! Wish i could have made a full pass but trying to power shift at 9k spinning the trans doesnt like me. Need a dog box if i want to do that lol. Overall great weekend and cant wait to get back out there in 2013!
Old Aug 22, 2012, 04:12 PM
Evolving Member

I see this hasn't been posted here yet....

Old Aug 22, 2012, 04:20 PM
Evolved Member

Great talking to you as always. Car is looking good and runs like a f'n train!
Old Aug 22, 2012, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

That pic is awesome! Thanks for posting it

It was good to talk and see you again Chris. Car was looking great man. I still can get over your engine bay lol. I'm jelly. I plan on going to the sport compact in May. I'll see ya there if you make it there again next year Shootout was a blast! Probably the best one to date!
Old Aug 22, 2012, 09:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
So proud, I think you deserved the win more then I did. No doubt that "Junk" has some more 8 second passes in her. Congrats!!

Devin

Last edited by Boostin Perform; Aug 23, 2012 at 12:54 PM.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 06:55 AM
Evolved Member

^ Thanks Devin! You deserved it man no doubt. Im just glad it was an all Boostin Peformance final. I had a lot of fun and cant wait till next year. Cant wait till next week until we change a few things on the Junker and back to the track. I forsee some 8.8 passes!

Here's my 9.2 pass. Car is spinning away here but still a decent pass. Kirsten @ Boostin will be uploading some more for me when she has some time. Thanks Kristin!

Old Aug 23, 2012, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

Here's Boostin Peformance HD Video of my 9.0@163 pass. This video is amazing quality and really shows the full pass. 3rd gear kicked out on me a little bit. Car was spinning a lot over the weekend and wasnt cutting the normal 1.4s that i normally do. But i was still happy i took 2nd and made this 9.0 pass along with the others! Thanks Kristin for taking this awesome video!

Old Aug 23, 2012, 12:55 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Here's the 9.0 pass for ya Joey.
~Kristin

Old Aug 27, 2012, 06:37 AM
Evolved Member

Here's a different angle from my 9.0 pass! Also a few more pics along to go with it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEzYa...ature=youtu.be

Old Aug 27, 2012, 08:08 AM

Talked to you with Kasey from HIS at the shootout..not the best pic but its something

Quick Reply: "Junk Box" Evo @ 2012 Shootout!!