Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2013, 07:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 06MREvo
All this over a stupid dyno competition...DAMN!
This is definitely NOT over a dyno competition. A few dynamics here. I will speak on only what I know and understand.

One is consistency. When DB screwed up the trophy last year for Tim winning 2nd place in ME, Matt IM'd DB, didn't blow up FB and counter every mere mention of ME, to get the results fixed. DB told him what's done is done. So this year, it should have been the same. That's it.

Next is respect. DB calling out Tim's car as a POS because it blew the o'ring on the water pump was pretty disrespectful. So not only did he bash a faithful customer but also the shop, i.e. Spec-Ops, that built and sponsor the car. That's it.

SO now humility. The whole, "50 more dollars!" was no kidding a joke. I have heard but didn't realize how ultra sensitive DB was. I wasn't taking anything away from the amount of work he and his crew put in to host this event. I too am a LOYAL customer of his parts. Made a joke to my wife this year when we went to one of his vendor tables. There wasn't one thing on the table that was not on my car. I have huge Buschur Racing stickers on the sides of my car (DB, don't care that you don't care). The old saying, 'If you can't take a joke (*&^ you, and if you can't take a ^(*), I'll joke you.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 07:27 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by David Buschur
I can't delete anything from this thread or any other on here, I am not a moderator. I also don't report anything on here to be deleted, so your grade school girly comments you made can stay here for all eternity for all I care.

Ft. Bragg and paratroopers....blah blah blah, I was Army myself, STFU. Less egotistical? Is that what you call CRYING LIKE LITTLE FREAKING GIRLS TWO YEARS IN A ROW??!! hahaha Find a mirror and take a look in it.
DB, I knew you were Army, thus the reference. You didn't know but was a big fan. Your deal with Spec-Ops and how YOU screwed up the trophies two years in a row is between you guys. It just sucks for Tim because the only two years that he has gone and competed in YOUR event, there has been trophy discrepancies.

So post my father's funeral and another round of Afghanistan, I'll hopefully be back just in time for next years event. DB if you'd like to discuss it more then, I'll be in the bright yellow EVO VIII with the Buschur Racing sticker on the side. Plenty of beer to go around.

Last edited by TheKidd113; Aug 30, 2013 at 07:54 AM.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 08:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Darksun280
Hmmm I can't be calling Buschur for favors if he's all riled up over this dyno discussion.

Time to deploy operation "lighten the Mood"

http://youtu.be/SJS2gIpHNck

Big Al's face can turn any frown upside down
*** Golf clap
Old Aug 30, 2013, 12:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by TheKidd113
This is definitely NOT over a dyno competition. A few dynamics here. I will speak on only what I know and understand.

One is consistency. When DB screwed up the trophy last year for Tim winning 2nd place in ME, Matt IM'd DB, didn't blow up FB and counter every mere mention of ME, to get the results fixed. DB told him what's done is done. So this year, it should have been the same. That's it.

Next is respect. DB calling out Tim's car as a POS because it blew the o'ring on the water pump was pretty disrespectful. So not only did he bash a faithful customer but also the shop, i.e. Spec-Ops, that built and sponsor the car. That's it.

SO now humility. The whole, "50 more dollars!" was no kidding a joke. I have heard but didn't realize how ultra sensitive DB was. I wasn't taking anything away from the amount of work he and his crew put in to host this event. I too am a LOYAL customer of his parts. Made a joke to my wife this year when we went to one of his vendor tables. There wasn't one thing on the table that was not on my car. I have huge Buschur Racing stickers on the sides of my car (DB, don't care that you don't care). The old saying, 'If you can't take a joke (*&^ you, and if you can't take a ^(*), I'll joke you.
I took no offense to the $50 more dollars comment, I don't care it turned into a joke. I was explaining why we charge for clean up. Seems you got upset over my explanation more than anything.

As for last years finish in ME. You must be out of the loop and being fed a line of ****. Not only did I look into that extensively, we pulled the runs back up through the autocross association that timed it and could not find the runs that was claimed to been run, THAT IS WHY THE RESULTS WERE NOT CHANGED. No proof, no change.

This year I obviously made a mistake of some sort. I took my busy *** to the dyno, pulled up the people in question and easily found I did in fact make a mistake. So I changed the results to who should have won.

It's all quite simple.

I also had no idea who built the fluid leaking car, who he was or what parts were on the car, it wouldn't have mattered anyway. My brothers car could have done the same thing on the dyno and I'd have said it was a POS too. I still don't care. All I care is I am one more spill closer to having to take that big *** dyno apart and clean it and the area under it again.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 07:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Is there any way to build a drain into the Dyno pit while it is out? Maybe have a drain drilled out to the garage area with a vacuum pump to suck fluids out of the bottom? I would hate to pull the Dyno out my self if I had one.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 06:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Can someone link the info for the 22nd 2014 shootout? Thanks
Old Jan 28, 2014, 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Never mind. I found it and here it is.
http://highboostforum.com/forum/show...373#post191373
Old Jan 29, 2014, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by batty200
Is there any way to build a drain into the Dyno pit while it is out? Maybe have a drain drilled out to the garage area with a vacuum pump to suck fluids out of the bottom? I would hate to pull the Dyno out my self if I had one.
There is a SS catch pan we built to catch most of the fluids.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 06:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Just curious where I can find winning 1/4 mile ET's/MPH for previous events and classes, is it posted anywhere?
Old Jul 25, 2014, 06:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Hiboost
Just curious where I can find winning 1/4 mile ET's/MPH for previous events and classes, is it posted anywhere?
go to www.highboostforums.com and look in the Shootout section.