Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Boostin Performance-MrBoost- 9.44@150

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2013, 05:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Boostin Performance-MrBoost- 9.44@150

After being out of the game for a few years I finally got a chance to get some seatime with the new setup. Its a day and night difference from my fp red/stock blockdays that's for sure

I was getting that itch to hit the track especially after watching Joey and Devin the past few years. So I dropped the car off at Boostin so Devin could retune the car and get it ready to make some single digit passes. My goal was to create a single digit streetcar that was comfortable to drive hours at a time. The car still has power windows/locks, radio, stock front seats, airbags, non gutted doors etc etc...its a streetcar! After fineline tuning the car on Boostins beautiful new Mustang dyno we ended up with this!

801/566 on E85@42psi Devin Tuned

With all the newfound power we decided to take the car to the track on low boost so I could get comfortable with it before we turn up the wick and put it on kill..All passes below were done with a max boost of 35.5

2.0LR 10:1 BP Spec motor
Ported/polished head +1mm valves
SharkFab FF-PTE t4 6466 .84 a/r
Boostin Performance Ultimate Ratio Trans
Boostin custom downpipe, I/c pipes & dump tube
Aem Ems V1 Tuned by Devin
DI intake manifold
FP5R camshafts
SP Quick Spool Valve
FIC 2150's
BR double pumper
Supertech dual springs/retainers
SparkTech Basic cdi cop
Quartermaster Race twindisc
Awd spec D2s corner balanced by Devin
Shep stg2 tcase & rear diff
Fathouse Fab catchcan & coolant reservoir
AngryAero Evo8 shutters
Turn down dump after downpipe (for now) awaiting a custom aluminum exhaust from SharkFab.

A few pics of the car

In staging

Second time out she goes 9's! Felt good to brush off the dust This pass was at 32psi and my first 9sec pass with the car.

Last pass of the day we upped the boost to about 35.5 the mph was low because it hit the limiter 100ft from the finish line.

Next is to get the car ready for the IDRC Sport Compact at the end of the month!!

Last edited by AngryEvo8; May 3, 2013 at 07:26 AM.
Old May 2, 2013, 05:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congratulations! The car is immaculate.
Old May 2, 2013, 05:59 AM

Freaking B-E-A-Utiful ! I envy you man haha. Quick question though. What radiator are you running? How does it hold up on this "daily" of yours? Any difference in temps compared to stock? I would like to upgrade to something similar with the straight hose as to gain some work space in the bay but have always been skeptical towards the practicality of it all.
Old May 2, 2013, 06:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MaLo EvoVIII
Congratulations! The car is immaculate.
Thank you
Originally Posted by Deeeeej1973
Freaking B-E-A-Utiful ! I envy you man haha. Quick question though. What radiator are you running? How does it hold up on this "daily" of yours? Any difference in temps compared to stock? I would like to upgrade to something similar with the straight hose as to gain some work space in the bay but have always been skeptical towards the practicality of it all.
I am using a mishimoto radiator for a civic but with moving the factory brackets you can make it work. Also I wouldn't consider it my daily, more of a weekend warrior lol. The temps stay within the factory levels but I am also using a upgraded thermostat aswell. Never had a over heating issue on the dyno or 80mi round trips.

Last edited by AngryEvo8; May 2, 2013 at 07:05 AM.
Old May 2, 2013, 07:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thats amazing .. congratulations
Old May 2, 2013, 07:11 AM
Evolved Member

You have one bad *** Street car Jason! I'm glad I was able to be there for the passes! Congrats man and all the time and hard work paid off
Old May 2, 2013, 09:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by antilag_200
Thats amazing .. congratulations

Originally Posted by Evosick2332
You have one bad *** Street car Jason! I'm glad I was able to be there for the passes! Congrats man and all the time and hard work paid off
Thanks bud! I know I thought it was a endless wishing well putting the car together...but I am glad that I stuck to it instead of parting it out. I Can't wait until the Junker is finished she's gunna be a bad b!tch!
Old May 2, 2013, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats Jason!! Your patience has paid off and the car is truly a beast
Old May 2, 2013, 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

F ya man congrats. She hauls ***!
Old May 2, 2013, 10:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Congrats, that is one nice weekend warrior! You can totally tell the first pass you were just placing it in gear to get a clean pass. Second pass the gloves came off and game on!
Old May 2, 2013, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Hell yeah, congrats man, nice job! Glad you're finally getting a chance to enjoy the car!
Old May 2, 2013, 11:02 AM

Beautiful car! What does it weigh? Do you have an upgraded diff tube and front diff?
Old May 2, 2013, 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JustinOlson
Beautiful car! What does it weigh? Do you have an upgraded diff tube and front diff?
If I had to guess I would say 2950+ with me in it. I haven't had it on the scales yet this year. That's with full interior also. The front diff is not stock its a shep stg2 w/lsd. By diff tube if you mean driveshaft, it is the heavy stocker.
Old May 2, 2013, 12:19 PM
Account Disabled

Congrats! Car looks clean and nice driving.

Matt
Old May 2, 2013, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Creamo3
Congrats Jason!! Your patience has paid off and the car is truly a beast
Originally Posted by StreetThisEvo
F ya man congrats. She hauls ***!
Originally Posted by Freddy302
Congrats, that is one nice weekend warrior! You can totally tell the first pass you were just placing it in gear to get a clean pass. Second pass the gloves came off and game on!
Originally Posted by 06MREvo
Hell yeah, congrats man, nice job! Glad you're finally getting a chance to enjoy the car!
Thanks guys! I couldn't stand watching everyone else have fun anymore. I am glad we got the ball rolling nice and early in the season.

I can definitely use more seat time, but who can't? My 2 goals for the year were to most importantly to enjoy the car...and go 9.50's or faster with it in streetcar trim. Since I checked those goals off already I guess I will have to make some new ones

Quick Reply: Boostin Performance-MrBoost- 9.44@150