Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Lancer Vs. Sub 2.5 RS

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2002, 08:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lancer Vs. Sub 2.5 RS

OK the other night this guy was talking **** about my car club and his ex girl that is the organizer for our club. So I went up to him looked at his car he had a Sub 2.5 Rs with under drive pulley, axle back exhaust and 18 inch wheels. I asked him to race and he laughed when I told him I had a my stock OZ with an intake. A few of my buddies went with me and 3 of us raced but its was for me and this dude mike in the RS. I got him off the line and kept it at that. The guy no longer hangs out where we go, and is *****ing out on his boards he runs sayiing i cheated and **** etc. I have gotten respect from the other clubs in columbus about my driving abilities, and a LOT of people lost money that night.

Now my question is how good is a 2.5 RS? there is that one in my part of town I have seen. was he just a bad driver in a good car or a bad driver in a bad car?
Old Sep 7, 2002, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

What year? If this is the current one... I hope you have some film. Not that I doubt you, but... A good bit of evidence would give you some KILLER bragging rights (not that you haven't gained that on your block already).

The claimed HP/Tq for the EJ25 is 165/166. Impressive, but, if you look at the accleration, it's supposed to do the quartermile in 16 flat. Not terribly impressive, but, better than the Lancer's supposed 16.9 (I think mid to low 16s aren't impossible for a good driver, but, I digress). Anyway, It's amazing that you won against the boxer engine, and kudos. This gives me hope against the RSX I might race in a month or so. 160/141 on that one, and the 1/4 is in the mid 16s, I think. So, anyway, congrats. Let him talk his loser noise.

**I do not condone street racing. Keep it safe and go to a legal, sanctioned track**
Old Sep 7, 2002, 11:10 PM

I believe its a 2001 not sure i'll ask jokerGS he knows. Good luck with the rsx I hear they are somewhat slow. My buddy had a type-s and we ran and i won cause he sucks at driving lol. Nonetheless run him for the exp. Good luck
Old Sep 7, 2002, 11:18 PM
Evolved Member

God he must REALLY REALLY REALLY suck. Damn, I need to move to Ohio. I'd make a killing. Down here in Texas, it ranges between suck *** drivers, and guys who are above and beyond. Kinda hard to tell some time.
Old Sep 8, 2002, 12:19 AM
Evolving Member

Agreed with above statement.
Old Sep 8, 2002, 01:59 AM
Evolved Member

18" wheels sure didn't help the RS's case for the rac.
Old Sep 8, 2002, 03:04 AM

Hey, I have a 99 2.5 RS, and I am sorry to say, but it must have been the driver. I have raced OZ Lancers and they couldnt even touch me. And thats with it stock.

Dont get me wrong, the only reason I got a Scoobie, was because the Evo wasnt here yet. And I plan on getting one when it does get here.

But if you ever come up to WA, get a hold of me, and my club, and we'll go racing...
Old Sep 8, 2002, 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

Dude, I was in total agreement. Just maybe infers that if you match up good, those "untouchables" are just mere mortals after all.

Seems like that 2.5RS driver got OWN3D though.
Old Sep 8, 2002, 09:58 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

If cars could race without drivers, the Lancer would lose every time. the 2.5 has more HP, torque, and should launch better as well. The guy prolly just had a bad run or sucks at driving.
Old Sep 8, 2002, 11:36 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Old Sep 8, 2002, 09:18 PM
Evolved Member

If cars could race without drivers, there is no question that the 2.5 would win. I'm suprised he had the guy off the line, frankly. I mean, in the cases of a FWD taking out a AWD, usually it's the AWD gets a lead, and then the FWD overtakes it and wins.
Old Sep 9, 2002, 06:49 AM

OK hers the deal with the guy, he talks crap around here, cant drive and is a trouble maker. I saw another 4 door 2.5 rs like his and it beat some honda/ acura (dont know hondas one from the other) Its really scooted. Its a rare thing to see a 2.5 rs or a wrx around here let alone race them often.

I do agree on the fact that an AWD would take most cars at the line if they are 2wd. And I am amazed that i got the kid, but I was blessed to own him that night and put him in his place lol. ANd thanks for the posititve feedback
Old Sep 9, 2002, 06:50 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Yeah, don't take that as me not believing you or anything. Just a car vs car alone assessment. Maybe he needs training wheels on that 2.5?
Old Sep 9, 2002, 07:40 AM
Evolved Member

to be honest wit u guys....i raced a 2.5 RS, musta been a 99. this was an all highway race too, no start from stop. i pulled onto the parkway, he musta been doing 60 so as i go onto the ramp i swoop around him from the back and we both downshift and hit it at the same time. i actually had him by at least half a car length when he slowed down to take the exit. i took the exit with him and followed him to a light. when he asked what i had under the hood i told him just an intake and exhaust, he only had an intake. i dont know if these 2.5's are as fast as they should be, or the people buying them just dont know how to drive.
Old Sep 9, 2002, 08:13 AM

i raced a 2.5 rs before but it wasnt in my lancer i had a civic dohc v-tek intake exhaust and headers (2.0) and i took the subaru it wasnt at all as powerfull as ppl say they are this guy new how to drive it also but the civic still pulled , my lancer is stock still i raced my friend in his stock civic and i beat him by half a car, so i think that the LANCER could take the 2.5 with intake and exhaust because it adds hp to it but thats my 2 cents

Quick Reply: Lancer Vs. Sub 2.5 RS