Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Vid: 12.6@111

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2004, 07:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Yup Thats It
Old Jun 12, 2004, 08:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BostonEvo, Nice run man the mph is definitely up there, I understand about the clutch thing. You have the car tuned at Turbotrix right? I'm the one that told you I got the exact same dyno # as you do when flashed by TT. Anyway, good to know whats the ball park ET and trap I'm gonna get with my evo now. I mainly do autox and don't drag that much so this is a good reference for me. Thanks and congrat!
Old Jun 12, 2004, 10:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Boston'sEvO--&gt
My 60 foot was a 1.77 but I babied first gear I didnt redline because it is the stock clutch but other then that I was banging through the gears.
Please tell me your joking. A 1.77 is not being easy on your clutch I hate when people have to say my times were not that good because I didnt launch the car hard. And its even better when their nice easy launch netted a 1.77 60". I was launching that sh*t out of my wifes evo to pull the 1.82 60'. By the way what mods do you have?
Old Jun 12, 2004, 10:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PHILLY EVO
Dude Great Job....... 12.9 Stock No Way..... I Ran Mine Bone Stock It Was Hot As Hell Out Like 95% And 100% Humidy And My Best Time Was 13.81..........
12.9 does seem alittle fast (but I thought he posted his time slip to confirm it, could be wrong) but don't you think 13.8 is alittle slow? Anyhow good job, 111MPH suggests low to mid 12s, so that's pretty sweet. Man I'm starting to like TT more and more, to bad they are on the eastcoast, still when I get my EVO I'm gonna stick with Vishnu.
Old Jun 12, 2004, 10:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rACerS
Please tell me your joking. A 1.77 is not being easy on your clutch I hate when people have to say my times were not that good because I didnt launch the car hard. And its even better when their nice easy launch netted a 1.77 60". I was launching that sh*t out of my wifes evo to pull the 1.82 60'. By the way what mods do you have?
Yeah I agree, is there anyway you can post your time slip or post more info about the run, I'm just interested in more detail? Still great job and sweet car.
Old Jun 12, 2004, 10:28 PM
Evolving Member

HAHA....no excuses here...im not the best driver but I know im better then the average..when I go all out shifting I did a 12.9 @ 104MPH...that is pretty good with a 1.89 60 foot....I did a 1.77 60 foot and did a 12.6 @ 111MPH...hmmm....does it seem like I was going all out bro?....my 60 foot was good but I could have done better I only went to about 6300 then shifted instead of going to 7000 or 7500 so I could have had a better et who cares sit back enjoy the vid...and there will be more to come...btw I dont need excuses the movie is there and the MPH is there so enjoy

Originally Posted by rACerS
Old Jun 12, 2004, 10:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kevo
BostonEvo, Nice run man the mph is definitely up there, I understand about the clutch thing. You have the car tuned at Turbotrix right? I'm the one that told you I got the exact same dyno # as you do when flashed by TT. Anyway, good to know whats the ball park ET and trap I'm gonna get with my evo now. I mainly do autox and don't drag that much so this is a good reference for me. Thanks and congrat!
Ya my car was tuned at TT...they do a nasty job my mods are listed in the vid...
Old Jun 12, 2004, 10:41 PM
Evolving Member

HAHA....no excuses here...im not the best driver but I know im better then the average..when I go all out shifting I did a 12.9 @ 104MPH...that is pretty good with a 1.89 60 foot....I did a 1.77 60 foot and did a 12.6 @ 111MPH...hmmm....does it seem like I was going all out bro?....my 60 foot was good but I could have done better I only went to about 6300 then shifted instead of going to 7000 or 7500 so I could have had a better et who cares sit back enjoy the vid...and there will be more to come...btw I dont need excuses the movie is there and the MPH is there so enjoy
you know the 60ft ends like 15mph into the run....... so short shifting doesn't mean you could have got a better 60ft.........A 1.77 is DEFINATELY not being easy on the stock clutch. Good run though.
Old Jun 12, 2004, 10:56 PM

short shifting doesnt help the clutch any,but that 1.77 60ft isnt that good for it.if you launch like that you should just go ball's out,that's a low 12.00's run you could have beat the sti man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 12, 2004, 11:12 PM

Nice run man!! Whether you babied your clutch or not your 60' time is commendable. I bet you have room for .2-.4 seconds off your ET and possible get another mph or two in for your trap speed down the road. Thanks for posting the vid... that STI has a crazy top end. Looks like you guys had lots of fun.
Old Jun 13, 2004, 05:29 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bukhumnoi2000
Nice run man!! Whether you babied your clutch or not your 60' time is commendable. I bet you have room for .2-.4 seconds off your ET and possible get another mph or two in for your trap speed down the road. Thanks for posting the vid... that STI has a crazy top end. Looks like you guys had lots of fun.
Thanxs guys for all ure comments...on how I did...I know I could get a better et...I understand but I dont understand why everyone has to tell me I can...maybe this is why people dont post vids in this forum...if u go to srtforums or svtperformance u never have to hear this...just enjoy the video...like I said I didnt go all out...once again for all the people that say if u babie the car it wont help the clutch...comon..i drove my car I babied the clutch when I normally go all out I chirp all four in second gear..the only way I will be able to prove what Im telling u is when I race my car again and do a better et like everyone is suggesting keep in mind most evo drivers cant even see my et cause they cant drive and keep in mind I am a good driver it was my first time with all the new power racing and when u have power like that u want to test the car slowely u dont go all out so u have to take a flat bed home...
Thanxs
Gary
Old Jun 13, 2004, 05:31 AM
Evolving Member

Oh yea and we did have fun it was a great night to race lots of fast cars
Old Jun 13, 2004, 06:17 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Boni
zero fast your car is slow. i will beat you in my us lancer with no problem.
How do u like the turbo lancer??..must be fun on such a lite body
Old Jun 13, 2004, 08:10 AM
Evolving Member

If you would stop saying "I didnt go all out" I wouldnt have said a thing. You make no sense. You are trying to save your clutch so you launched the sh*t out of it and then decided to shift at 6300 instead of at 7000 to 7500. I dont think you can do much better than a 1.7x 60' on a stock clutch because all it will do is slip and slow you down. I enjoyed the vid I just didnt want to hear the lame excuse your your less than mediocre times. But thanks for the vid By the way what mods does it take to make 325awhp?
Old Jun 13, 2004, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

Ya my car was tuned at TT...they do a nasty job my mods are listed in the vid...
Nasty? you mean nasty in a good way? . Anyway, I think he only have intake, exhaust and cams with the TT flash. no downpipe? thats a good mph for sure.

Quick Reply: Vid: 12.6@111