Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Vid: 12.6@111

Old Jun 13, 2004, 08:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
did you know the guy with the sti? are you sure it was a fp green? i thought a fp green would net faster times on a 2.5L.
what's the best time for that STI?

sounds like you need to get the AEM so you can show that sti whos boss.
Old Jun 13, 2004, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Boston'sEvO--&gt
if u go to srtforums or svtperformance u never have to hear this
As far as SRTforums and what not, I just think that this forum holds it's members up to a higher standard. Don't take it personal, people just are here to help you extract the most potential from your car.
Old Jun 13, 2004, 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

i have pull high 1.6's on the stock clutch more than once
his car looks like it pulls nice off the line but it runs out of steam on the top end, maybe he needs 272 instead or the 264.

Originally Posted by rACerS
If you would stop saying "I didnt go all out" I wouldnt have said a thing. You make no sense. You are trying to save your clutch so you launched the sh*t out of it and then decided to shift at 6300 instead of at 7000 to 7500. I dont think you can do much better than a 1.7x 60' on a stock clutch because all it will do is slip and slow you down. I enjoyed the vid I just didnt want to hear the lame excuse your your less than mediocre times. But thanks for the vid By the way what mods does it take to make 325awhp?
Old Jun 13, 2004, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

BostonsEvo8,
First things first: That was a GREAT video. I loved the way you beat that STI with superior driving. In fact, that is the fastest 04 STI I have ever seen.

The first thing you did right was to take your car to TurboTrix. I have been watching them from my perch over here on the left coast. They are becoming an Evo "Monstrosity" LOL. 111mph is absolutely commendable. Questions: Were you CATless for that run? Did you just have the TTflash? If so, what octane fuel did you use? I just pulled a 12.30/113.6mph yesterday, but I have a full exhaust, cam gears, and was running race gas on a race gas map. You are definitely running great. Keep us posted on your next move.
Old Jun 13, 2004, 10:16 AM
Evolving Member

That STI with a green should of WALKED u, that setup should be good for ATLEAST 420 hp with exhuast/tuning.
STis with greens usally run low 12's or faster.

Neways nice run/vid..good stuff.

The funny thing is when i go to the track, many times i see EVOs or STIs with most hittin 14's...i guess that speaks tons, of how important a good driver is.

Last edited by MBGSTI; Jun 13, 2004 at 10:24 AM.
Old Jun 13, 2004, 10:23 AM

Good run buddy. Just get a downpipe and you can definitely keep up with that sti or even beat him.
Old Jun 13, 2004, 10:26 AM
Evolving Member

Nice run bro...I ahve been to NED twice now during street nights and yet to see another EVO run...STI's everywhere.....Who ehre is going to Import Warz? I think it is on June 26th
Old Jun 13, 2004, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MBGSTI
That STI with a green should of WALKED u, that setup should be good for ATLEAST 420 hp with exhuast/tuning.
STis with greens usally run low 12's or faster.

Neways nice run/vid..good stuff.

The funny thing is when i go to the track, many times i see EVOs or STIs with most hittin 14's...i guess that speaks tons, of how important a good driver is.
The STI did run a low 12, so what are you talking about? It probably can hit a high 11. The EVO owner just probably got the better launch and start.

As far as seeing most EVO and STI owners running 14s, I've seen the opposite, every single EVO and STI owner I have seen so far has been able to run in the 13s or 12s. So yeah it is all about drving abilities, I say the EVO is capable of 13.1 to 13.5 second 1/4 mile times stock, but it is up to the driver and his or her abilities to achieve these times. The car can't drive it's self.
Old Jun 13, 2004, 11:42 AM
Evolved Member

So basically what I am saying is that one of the best modifications anybody can do, is to their driving skills. When I one day get my EVO and plan to take it to the track, I firmly believe that I will accomplish my first goal and run a 13.4 Second or better 1/4 Mile (partly due to my experience of launching an AWD car), but if I don't, say I only can muster high 13s or low 14s, the only person I can blame is myself, and my first modification should be gaining even more experience. So many people have fast cars and can't drive worth sh*t, case in point the S2000 and RX-8, it just saddens me to see so many of those cars running 15s (16s for the RX-8).
Old Jun 13, 2004, 02:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by rACerS
If you would stop saying "I didnt go all out" I wouldnt have said a thing. You make no sense. You are trying to save your clutch so you launched the sh*t out of it and then decided to shift at 6300 instead of at 7000 to 7500. I dont think you can do much better than a 1.7x 60' on a stock clutch because all it will do is slip and slow you down. I enjoyed the vid I just didnt want to hear the lame excuse your your less than mediocre times. But thanks for the vid By the way what mods does it take to make 325awhp?
Dude how do u fig???.....I didnt go all out use ure head If I can net a 12.9 @ 104MPH....and now im doing a 12.6 @111 MPH...I only went down the track once that night and it was my first time with all that power....Off the line I launched the crap out of the car but shifted early and baby shifted it into second then went all out shifting...thats what I mean...does it make sense that a person that can do a consistent 12.9@104 can only drop 3 tenths...why do people have to talk big...there is no lame excuse for a 12.6 I am happy that I did a 12.6 and dont need a excuse so keep ure mouth shut bro...Go do the same mods and race ure car lets see what u got...like I said when I race it again I will post my new time with a new video and will do close to a 12.3-12.4 then I will be happy whats most imp is my mph thats what I wanted to see what the car has (its sack).
Thank you
Old Jun 13, 2004, 02:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVOMIZ
did you know the guy with the sti? are you sure it was a fp green? i thought a fp green would net faster times on a 2.5L.
what's the best time for that STI?

sounds like you need to get the AEM so you can show that sti whos boss.
Ya bro it is a fp green turbo I talked to him..he is cool kid stock clutch he wanst going all out because he didnt want to break anything...I dont blame him he will soon be in the High 11's
Old Jun 13, 2004, 02:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Smogrunner
BostonsEvo8,
First things first: That was a GREAT video. I loved the way you beat that STI with superior driving. In fact, that is the fastest 04 STI I have ever seen.

The first thing you did right was to take your car to TurboTrix. I have been watching them from my perch over here on the left coast. They are becoming an Evo "Monstrosity" LOL. 111mph is absolutely commendable. Questions: Were you CATless for that run? Did you just have the TTflash? If so, what octane fuel did you use? I just pulled a 12.30/113.6mph yesterday, but I have a full exhaust, cam gears, and was running race gas on a race gas map. You are definitely running great. Keep us posted on your next move.
No cat and 93 gas..btw my car has 112mph in it and I will do it soon...with 93 gas too
Old Jun 13, 2004, 02:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 3000ways
So basically what I am saying is that one of the best modifications anybody can do, is to their driving skills. When I one day get my EVO and plan to take it to the track, I firmly believe that I will accomplish my first goal and run a 13.4 Second or better 1/4 Mile (partly due to my experience of launching an AWD car), but if I don't, say I only can muster high 13s or low 14s, the only person I can blame is myself, and my first modification should be gaining even more experience. So many people have fast cars and can't drive worth sh*t, case in point the S2000 and RX-8, it just saddens me to see so many of those cars running 15s (16s for the RX-8).
Dude I did a 13.3 @ 101.7 stock not bad eh?....thats the best I did. Its not only u too dont forget u can go to a diff track and do a better time because of the track preparations...that is a pruven fact!...dont forget that. Maybe these people doing supposid 12.9 stock are running at a track made for dragsters??...who knows NED is not the best track...but its the closest and that will do!
Old Jun 13, 2004, 03:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Boston'sEvO--&gt
No cat and 93 gas..btw my car has 112mph in it and I will do it soon...with 93 gas too
Now that I know you were on 93, I'm even more impressed. I managed a 110.97 mph with stock cams a few months back. I had hoped my cams would improve my trap speed by more than 2.7mph. However, my midrange power is vastly improved.

Last edited by Smogrunner; Jun 13, 2004 at 03:33 PM.
Old Jun 13, 2004, 08:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Smogrunner
Now that I know you were on 93, I'm even more impressed. I managed a 110.97 mph with stock cams a few months back. I had hoped my cams would improve my trap speed by more than 2.7mph. However, my midrange power is vastly improved.
wow 110.97 stock cams thats pretty sick...my goal is to hit a 112mph...since I only made one pass at about 12.3-12.4...then I will be happy
Gary

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Vid: 12.6@111