Notices
DynoFlash [Visit Site]

11.56 @ 116.9 with Dyno Flash Base Flash !

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2006, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ibanez_926

Only Curt Brown is allowed to do that right?

Curt Brown can walk on water, dance on air and probably can dunk a basketball from the free throw line
Old Nov 25, 2006, 06:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looks to be some very good driving going on in a lightened evo. Trap of 116 tells me the car is making some good power.
Old Nov 25, 2006, 07:06 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Jeff_Jeske
When the gate is closed and the exhaust is routed to the stock stuff isnt the tune out of whack?
Well - lets put it this way - I have no tunes which are set up on a mail in basis for a cut out so the base map which went 11.56 was NOT set up for his set up

I guess that its was not optimal but it works
Old Nov 25, 2006, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Damn Al great job.....Cant wait to get my car delivered in two weeks so you can work your magic again.
Old Nov 25, 2006, 08:20 PM
Account Disabled

Philly it will be my pleasure - I am very pleased you are returing to the Evo community
Old Nov 26, 2006, 02:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by saywhen
looks to be some very good driving going on in a lightened evo. Trap of 116 tells me the car is making some good power.
the funny thing is the car is not even lightened. its far from it. wait till next time at track when the little kinckens are out of system and little more power and more weight out. wow im coming for them curt times. lol.
Old Nov 26, 2006, 06:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
I think it wise that we realize something here in this thread. Al has dynoflashed some 4000 cars maybe more. There are bound to be a FEW that run exceptionally well. The other 3999 flashes are not setting records like this and that is why there aren't countless threads about them. What you have here is a setup that runs very well on his current selection of mods. I would be vey careful at with your next choice of mods as it is very likely the exceptional combo/performance will go right out the window and become like the other 3999 cars. I have seen numerous exceptional performing cars that report an exceptional time for the mods. then they go off and mod more in the need for HP. Then you never here from them again.
Old Nov 26, 2006, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 94AWDcoupe
I think it wise that we realize something here in this thread. Al has dynoflashed some 4000 cars maybe more. There are bound to be a FEW that run exceptionally well. The other 3999 flashes are not setting records like this and that is why there aren't countless threads about them. What you have here is a setup that runs very well on his current selection of mods. I would be vey careful at with your next choice of mods as it is very likely the exceptional combo/performance will go right out the window and become like the other 3999 cars. I have seen numerous exceptional performing cars that report an exceptional time for the mods. then they go off and mod more in the need for HP. Then you never here from them again.
i will make sure to talk to my car make sure he knews whats up. i will make sure i dont strip them bolts. i will have anti sezz on them. i will tell him what we are going to do how we are going to do it. dont warry i give him the tlc he needs and seems like it is working. and also have to realize i can have a very strong car and with my self as a stong driver. but another thing you have to count in....look at my vin number if ya every see my car then you will knew why its what it is.
Old Nov 26, 2006, 08:16 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Lets not diminish the accomplishments Mike has made with his car.. I have chatted with him on and off since he started working on the car, he has learned alot in the time he has been working on the car..

He chose to take a modest approach, and to optimize what he has, and only spend money on parts that work for him.. He did some things that I don't agree with, but he really didn't do anything all that differently than I had.

Once you start looking to make more power, the cost per hp goes up, so does the level of modification, so its not surprising to see giant improvements early on, and then not hear much in the future.

Mike is also a really good driver, he doesn't have that fear of breaking things that most might and that lets him really focus on doing his best.

Heck, I haven't fully tuned my car, nor hit a track since I've done my last round of mods..

Also, lets not take away from the tune either, it wasn't even optimized for the car.

Last edited by MalibuJack; Nov 26, 2006 at 08:19 AM.
Old Nov 26, 2006, 08:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Grats Mike. Agian good work Al
Old Nov 26, 2006, 08:56 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by 94AWDcoupe

This is not entirely accurate

While this customer is the fastest stock turbo / stock ecu evo 8 I have tuned - there are dozens of other fast Evo 8's out there running my tuning. There are dozens of 11 second Dyno Flash tubned evos.
Old Nov 26, 2006, 09:00 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by MalibuJack
Lets not diminish the accomplishments Mike has made with his car.. I have chatted with him on and off since he started working on the car, he has learned alot in the time he has been working on the car..

He chose to take a modest approach, and to optimize what he has, and only spend money on parts that work for him.. He did some things that I don't agree with, but he really didn't do anything all that differently than I had.

Once you start looking to make more power, the cost per hp goes up, so does the level of modification, so its not surprising to see giant improvements early on, and then not hear much in the future.

Mike is also a really good driver, he doesn't have that fear of breaking things that most might and that lets him really focus on doing his best.

Heck, I haven't fully tuned my car, nor hit a track since I've done my last round of mods..

Also, lets not take away from the tune either, it wasn't even optimized for the car.
I agree with everythinjg you said

And as far as the last sentance - suprizingly the base flash was very close in fact it was so close, I immeiately realized that adjusting that tune would only LOWER the power level. NOW it IS optimized for race gas - should go faster.

Al
Old Nov 26, 2006, 11:04 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mike1023
the funny thing is the car is not even lightened. its far from it. wait till next time at track when the little kinckens are out of system and little more power and more weight out. wow im coming for them curt times. lol.
I could have sworn I saw photos of your car not to long ago with quite a bit of missing parts.
Old Nov 26, 2006, 11:06 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
This is not entirely accurate

While this customer is the fastest stock turbo / stock ecu evo 8 I have tuned - there are dozens of other fast Evo 8's out there running my tuning. There are dozens of 11 second Dyno Flash tubned evos.
Wish I could see one in person here is so. cal. Any fast stock turbo 8's wanting run in socal. I could use some holiday cash.
Old Nov 26, 2006, 02:21 PM
Evolving Member

methanol?

Quick Reply: 11.56 @ 116.9 with Dyno Flash Base Flash !