Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2007, 07:37 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Haters need to relax.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, there are quite a few E-penises feeling very inadequate in this thread. Honestly, who cares, every car is going to get better through the years. Subaru finally pulled its head out of its *** and made the gearing better on the STI. A 07 STI with a turboback and flash went 12.1 without even trying a couple months ago. Trust me, they will go 11's easily this summer.

The Evo is no slouch! My buddy has one with Buschur’s Stage 1-4, AEM and the 20G-LT. It made 394whp on Buschur’s dyno on pump gas and I rode in it and it’s an absolute beast! But at the same time, comparing the STI to a 1992 Buick is a joke. They are two completely different cars, but at the same time still similar. The Suby is a torque monster and the Evo will rev forever. Once modified, the handling and braking of both vehicles is very similar.

And for all the haters, I'm sure my STI will hold its own.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 07:50 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by _007
Fine! Let’s see what the car does at the track. One thing is that I will never believe anyone when they say that Subaru is good on the track. I seen it time and time again, when professionals drive these cars on the track, the Subaru is always barely hanging on. It’s funny how you AL, in jumping boats. Subaru Handles a little better then a FWD car and is behind most of the dissent AWD cars out there. Let’s not even talk about the handling please. All I want to point out is that the Cobalt SS on RED LINE or STREET TUNER SHOWS only made like 250whp or so and Raped the all mighty Skyline and other AWD cars and why? Because they had a professional driver. People on this and other forums are far from being professional drivers (Including me). I don't want to say anything negative about AMS, Buschur or anyother shop, but lets take the AMS, Buschur and other cars and lets put a professional dirver in them and then see what these cars can do. I would F****G pay to see Montoya or any of the rally drivers drive the AMS or Buschur car only once.

My point is: if you put professionals to drive both of these cars and if you check out 5th Gear and Top Gear, you can see what STI and EVO did. STI Handles like a 1992 Buick and EVO is the real deal.

My other point is: why in the world would EVO need anything bigger then a 20G or slightly bigger turbo when they go on a road course. I have seen some of the EVOs’ and I just think that they are overkill because of the big turbo they use. Unnecessary if you ask me.

STI feels that the END for them is near and they have to pull everything they got because once the new EVO X will arive they are pretty much done. Their UGLY Retarded looking car will not stand a chance in anyway possible.

In the END EVO will always rule.
If you want a stock car on which you never ever will upgrade then go with STI but for that money there are many other cars that I would look into.

Man, I love my Evo a lot more than my WRX or my friends STis, but you need to be hit over the head with a dose of reality.

Evos overseas on Top Gear have AYC. Evos here are proven _NOT_ as fast around a racetrack as they are in Japan or the UK. We have a neutered version of the Evo, deal with it. There is emissions crap where the SAYC should be and heavy bumper beams and extra safety crap driving the curb weight up a couple hundred pounds.

In autocrossing national level competitions in this country, the STi is doing better than the Evo. That is FACT. Deal with it.

As far as acceleration, the gearing in the new 2007 STI is substantially better than the 2004-2006 STi, so you need to realize its biggest problem has been addressed.

Saying a Subaru handles marginally better than a FWD car, that it handles like a 1992 Buick, and is behind most of the decent (spelled like this, BTW) AWD cars out there when its kicking the Evo's *** in national competitions just makes you look uneducated to everyone reading this thread. It also proves that your non-Evo car knowledge sucks. David already said this IX wasn't ideal, so stop behaving like a butthurt fanboy.

If you want to prove Evo superiority, you'd do much better to let your driving prove that on a racetrack and post up times for us to see. Instead, you're typing Fast and Furious on the keyboard being a bench racing internet warrior and wasting EvoM's bandwidth.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 08:14 AM
Evolving Member

The problem is not that STI is catching up, the problem is that People that where on their knees and with both hand on d**k are now telling us howmuch better a stage 2 2007 STI is better then my Stock EVO. I will have a right after I take a p*** on the STI. Man I wish my buddy did not sell his SRT-4. I would really like to see if the STI could keep up to it
Your an idiot.

Sorry, couldn't think of a better word.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 08:29 AM
Evolving Member

Breaking 4 tires loose on dry road in my buddies Sti in daily traffic on accident at part throttle is a pretty cool experience. Torque is fun and opposed 2.5L is why. Our low comp 2L from a stop isnt as fun or easy in many instances in traffic. Subies are easier to drive. I let my Sti buddy drive my car and he was impressed w/ Evo's midrange and top end. I was like whatever dude, your torque rules. Its funny how we all want what we dont have.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SloRice
Wow, there are quite a few E-penises feeling very inadequate in this thread. Honestly, who cares, every car is going to get better through the years. Subaru finally pulled its head out of its *** and made the gearing better on the STI. A 07 STI with a turboback and flash went 12.1 without even trying a couple months ago. Trust me, they will go 11's easily this summer.

The Evo is no slouch! My buddy has one with Buschur’s Stage 1-4, AEM and the 20G-LT. It made 394whp on Buschur’s dyno on pump gas and I rode in it and it’s an absolute beast! But at the same time, comparing the STI to a 1992 Buick is a joke. They are two completely different cars, but at the same time still similar. The Suby is a torque monster and the Evo will rev forever. Once modified, the handling and braking of both vehicles is very similar.

And for all the haters, I'm sure my STI will hold its own.
Went 12.1 with a TBE and Flash and wasn't even trying , dude this is why I hate STI owners. You guys are the biggest BSers ever. Your site has a forum called pruven power bragging, yet you proven nothing, other than seeing EVO tail lights from year to year. Please provide a link to this mystical not even trying 12.1 stock turbo STI, and there best be a time slip posted
Old Mar 21, 2007, 08:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
I agree, the EVO is a better overall platform that the Subaru or WRX atleast if you intend to drag race it. The driveline in the EVO is virtually indestructable. The same for sure cannot be said about the Subaru. I have guys warning me at the power level I'm at now!

The Subaru has had more road racing/autocross victories though I think.

Bottom line, both cars are great.
I thought that it was the other way around? The Sti tray is bullet proof while the Evo transmission had issues (Transfer Case & Synchros). Also how strong is the WRX bottom end vs. The 4G63? I spend a lot of time at a Subaru Tuning shop and there are MANY blocks being rebuilt as they have blown to pieces, mostly on COBB Stage 2 stuff. The 2nd biggest issue with the WRX I have seen is the WRX transmission, especially 2nd gear which simply gets shredded (similar to the MR 6 Speed 4th gear). Most people upgrade to the Rally spec gears or simply swap in the Bullet Proof STI Transmission.

I also understand that you are designing a new Top Mount Intercooler. From what I have seen that no matter how big or efficient a TMIC is it still sits on top of the engine AND the Turbo. Sitting in traffic that intercooler would head up to 200 Degrees and simply just heat soaks. Why not design a FMIC? Again this is what I was told from a well known Scooby shop that builds some fast cars and is constantly rebuilding motors from some UNNAMED tuning shop up in the North Jersey area. Maybe you figured out something none of us know but the TMIC is just a bad idea no matter how well it is designed, it is sitting on top of an oven, a turbo, and then enclosed by the hood; I just don't see how it could work?

Thanks again for your input Dave, hopefully I will be ready for this Track Season.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 09:02 AM
Account Disabled

Thank You again 3000ways.... This is why I hate those f**** loosers also. They are so much full of BS it will be enough to fill all the farm lands with it. 12.1 and not even trying. Maybe he miss typed. What he really ment to say is that he went 14.1 in the 1/4 without even trying.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 09:06 AM

hey! thats my dyno

dunno how i missed this thread. all i can say is i'm extremely satisfied with Al's tune. the car feels strong and smooth, and running 21psi is perfectly adequate for me.

i'll be back soon guys!

Last edited by mdacko; Mar 21, 2007 at 09:11 AM.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
highpsi, the EVO has a bullet proof engine/drivetrain. We are running 8's on the stock trans/transfer case, enough said.

007, is there any chance your screen name reflects your IQ?
Old Mar 21, 2007, 09:44 AM
Account Disabled

no but it reflects how many seconds of surge I get from your so called gt35r turbo. you need to fix that BS housing.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
highpsi, the EVO has a bullet proof engine/drivetrain. We are running 8's on the stock trans/transfer case, enough said.

Thanks again, I just wasn't certain of that is all.

Any news on your TMIC design or results even?
Old Mar 21, 2007, 10:22 AM

The problem is not that STI is catching up, the problem is that People that where on their knees and with both hand on d**k are now telling us howmuch better a stage 2 2007 STI is better then my Stock EVO. I will have a right after I take a p*** on the STI. Man I wish my buddy did not sell his SRT-4. I would really like to see if the STI could keep up to it
You need
Old Mar 21, 2007, 10:35 AM
Evolving Member

Wow, lots of talking on here. I really agree with the "Fanboi" comments since it really "reads" like us Evo owners are a little scared and making excuses. Stage 1 Stage 2, 06 vs 07, wait till the X comes out, low-boost, etc.

Face it the STi is fast and now it is faster, but most of us still own our Evos and are happy about our purchases. I would say i would like to have the cruise control from teh STis though. Man i hate no cruise control...c'mon Evo X
Old Mar 21, 2007, 10:36 AM
Evolving Member

Oh and hey, i have the most weak, and crippled of all USDM Evo (transfer case and year 1) according to this board, but i am still happy, and the car is zippy.

Quick Reply: '07 STI vs '06 Evo IX - Stage II - dyno comparision