Notices
DynoFlash [Visit Site]

'07 STI vs '06 Evo IX - Stage II - dyno comparision

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2007, 02:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
BS housing on our GT35R? You have got to be freaking joking. ALL GT35r's surge just so you know. Either down shift or don't load the car so hard in higher gears/low RPM situations.
Hahaha I like how he asked for you to fix that chitt.. but there you go his response..

Anyways.. I take a GC over a WRX or a STi anyday.. at least there in the 7's.. when it comes to drag racing anyways.

Now.. if you want to autoX and beat a scoobie.. *on stock turbo*, cuz they spool so fast cuz of their tiny turbo.. play with your wastegate and dnt push as much psi. I used my greddy profec b spec II to modify the charecteristics of my spool up and I was as quick as those scoobies and made myself a better competitor to them.. dnt just go in there with your big *** 35R expecting to be somebody. I know but this is how its done..

Now as far as the EVO running 21psi David and Al have contributed wisely, but one thing is true.. AL tunes conservative, I've seen many of his maps.. and IMO is a excellent service to have in mind MPG, Reliability, *useable* power etc etc.. all of this with the customer in mind.. things that are overlooked as pretty much every guy just wants for there tuner to squeeze as much as possible. They all want to go for the Hail Mary pass..

Now all this Suby thing is great.. its indeed is an improvement over the previous STi's, but paring against the new IX's is a NO.. Closed the Gap YES This comparison is WACK.. when you have the same tuner do both, it can go either way.. I dnt know but just by looking at the first post.. you can feel things are off..

Al either needs to go ALL OUT TUNNING BOTH STI AND EVO or HAVE ANOTHER TUNER TUNE THE EVO WHILE HE TUNES THE STI. NO BS.. just squeeze as much as you can on Stage 2 on post up.. cuz the crowd is not satisfied.. I feel, we feel the EVO could of given more.. and aswell the suby community I think feels the STi could give just a bit more.. This would be a true comparison..

and them line 'em up and hit it when that 3rd yellow lights up..
Old Mar 21, 2007, 03:47 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Redline06

Al either needs to go ALL OUT TUNNING BOTH STI AND EVO or HAVE ANOTHER TUNER TUNE THE EVO WHILE HE TUNES THE STI. NO BS......

that is what this thread is waiting for, or else there is no argument
Old Mar 22, 2007, 06:26 AM
Huy

Originally Posted by Brian_H
Dunno, the ej207 is one sexy motor. 8K redline, very stout. . . so smooth.
oops, just had an accident.
Thank the lord someone mentioned it. EJ207 for life. I'm glad my STi came with one from the factory! The real deal STi.

Anyways, some really out there posts in this thread. I think some of you need to get out a bit more. But bigups to the US tuners getting good results.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 06:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SloRice
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1166904

Here's the link you asked for, 3000ways. But you'll continue to claim BS because there isn't a time slip and the thread got locked by crying Evo owners.

3000ways and 007.....grow up, seriously.
SloRice, great name by the way, basically explains what you drive there buddy. Been through that thread, and I don't re-call a time slip ever being posted and even STI owners had doubts on that. Dude if you seriously think any STI is running 12.1 w/ just a TBE and Flash, then your the one one that needs a little more learning about your own car. Also that STI has an intake, TBE, header, and Tune, why did you just say TBE? Even with all that still callin' BS and obviously if you actually read the thread you'll see I am not a lone. You say I'll still call BS, well of course I will, why shouldn't I? You have there potentially the stock record for stock turbo STI, and nobody saw the run, and no time slip was posted, no video posted, and the shop that posted the thread got the info from an e-mail? WTF dude, is that how you STI owners provide proof. Wow STI owners are damn near close to pulling the top spot for biggest BSers over the SRT-4 owners.

Last edited by 3000ways; Mar 22, 2007 at 07:01 AM.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 08:38 AM
Account Disabled

3000ways good point. STI and SRT-4 owners are the same. Either too young or too old. Either dumb or dumber, but there is one thing they can all do the same. That is BS all day and night long.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 08:56 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by _007
3000ways good point. STI and SRT-4 owners are the same. Either too young or too old. Either dumb or dumber, but there is one thing they can all do the same. That is BS all day and night long.
I met a guy at the track who was 52 and owned a WW IX RS...

Either way, you *****'s have turned this thread from bad to pathetic. Great job representing EvoM.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SloRice
Wow, there are quite a few E-penises feeling very inadequate in this thread. Honestly, who cares, every car is going to get better through the years. Subaru finally pulled its head out of its *** and made the gearing better on the STI. A 07 STI with a turboback and flash went 12.1 without even trying a couple months ago. Trust me, they will go 11's easily this summer.
i was looking at that link and it said the sti had headers, intake, tbe and a tune, so check your statement
Old Mar 22, 2007, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

I got an im from a subaru friend that the STI went 11.7 on 100 octane now on the stock turbo..

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1226848
Old Mar 22, 2007, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

I took that STi/ SRT-4 class..

ok ok hold on.. b4 I post let me just e-mail Buschur real quick saying I busted a 9.97 @ 137 on stock turbo, all supporting mods, and meth.. unfortunately my camera died when I was up.. and I only have one seat as my car is also.. *str8ight out gutted..* so none of my friends couldn't ride along, and they were not willing to come as I was going to force them into swapping out my DD tires for some Hoosiers for the pass.

It was kinda chilly and I was the 1st pass of the night @ thunder alley in AZ. So not alot of people saw it but they were people there.. <-- I know but that was what happened at NASIOC, scoobies got fed BS and beleived it..

Cnt wait to line up vs any mild tuned STi.. mod for mod.. they stand no freaking chance.. get over it... if you cnt beat em.. join em..
Old Mar 22, 2007, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 2StepsAhead
I got an im from a subaru friend that the STI went 11.7 on 100 octane now on the stock turbo..

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1226848
WTF..?? ppl are so gullible at NASIOC... but whatever apparently you can claim any time you want and nobody will call you out on a time slip.. there probably gonna post a fake slip just to shut the evo owners up.

Anyways if its true good for him, as he is rare amongst his own.. unlike our crowd.. everybody is busting 11's on a stocker.. no questons asked.. EVO FTW.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Borti
I met a guy at the track who was 52 and owned a WW IX RS...

Either way, you *****'s have turned this thread from bad to pathetic. Great job representing EvoM.

Just making a observation he stated sti and srt-4 owners nothing about Evo's owners. Actually people like to prove points and the best way, like Dave said, take an sti and evo stage 2 upgrades tune the hell out of them and take it to the track. When you call people on here pu**y's and dont know them, your giving the sti group a bad name for what you have posted. Back in the day didnt your mom teach you two wrongs dont make a right?!?!?!?
Old Mar 22, 2007, 12:22 PM
Account Disabled

You guys all need to chill out

if you read my original post the point was that the STI had made up signifcant ground and had become a better car - period

Some of you act like children

The best time my customers had on BR stage II was 11.56 in the 1/4 on 100 octane Evo IX

We will see what the STI's will do this spring

Al
Old Mar 22, 2007, 12:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sportmitsubishi
Just making a observation he stated sti and srt-4 owners nothing about Evo's owners. Actually people like to prove points and the best way, like Dave said, take an sti and evo stage 2 upgrades tune the hell out of them and take it to the track. When you call people on here pu**y's and dont know them, your giving the sti group a bad name for what you have posted. Back in the day didnt your mom teach you two wrongs dont make a right?!?!?!?
What made you think I owned an STi? Or represented their community? Just because I can actually approach this discussion without jumping on the fanboy wagon does not mean I am from the other side. Nope, I am above that, and these ****-slinger's here treat a neutral view point the same as a biased one anyways.

Furthermore, he said STi and SRT-4 owners are either too old or too young. I know a bazillion owner's from all different age groups. Since I know an old Evo owner (more than a few actually), doesn't that make his theory bull****? Why does age make a damn difference anyways?

Why do I have to 'know' someone to call them out. I didn't know Hitler...was he a *****? Yep (bad example I know). But there is enough evidence here, displayed in these useless posts, to determine if someone is a deusche bag or not. All these idiots do is ruin EVO owners reputation (the same as STI owners do) with their biased magazine-jockying crap. No one ever thinks to do their own research and actually formulate their own opinions. They constantly regurgitate magazine statements and quotes, and use such as gospel.

Yeah, my mom told me two wrongs do not make a right. She also told me how to deal with morons, and to call someone out for being as such. I'm not going to hide in a corner while FALSE information is thrown back and fourth with no middle-ground in sight. People need to be confronted with their ignorance or they will never grow (mentally).
Old Mar 22, 2007, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow....I dont even think they make a flame suit thick enough for this thread...theres alot of misinformation being thrown around
Old Mar 22, 2007, 01:54 PM
Account Disabled

BTW - the competition heats up

Someone just went 11.7 in a old style STI - new record for stock turbo STI

With the 07 things will be a lot closer between the two cars and I personally cant wait for our race in June to see who will win this year - www.buschurraing.com forums for more info

Quick Reply: '07 STI vs '06 Evo IX - Stage II - dyno comparision