Notices
DynoFlash [Visit Site]

Socal again?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2004, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
how would you deal with the issue of upgrading injectors Al ???
Old Feb 26, 2004, 01:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You don't need those injectors with the stock turbo
Old Feb 26, 2004, 02:23 PM
Evolving Member

on second thought....maybe injectors are a good idea....Al what do you think? I'm plannin on running the works cams, should one upgraded injectors"?
Old Feb 26, 2004, 02:57 PM
Account Disabled

Originally posted by tama_mog
on second thought....maybe injectors are a good idea....Al what do you think? I'm plannin on running the works cams, should one upgraded injectors"?
I think DENSO 660's are a good idea which gives you a lower duty cycle on your injectors and more control over the mixture

NOT needed - but I have had good results
Old Feb 26, 2004, 03:00 PM
Account Disabled

Originally posted by GokuSSj4
how would you deal with the issue of upgrading injectors Al ???
I have tuned up to 780 injectors with no sweat - we simply adjust the ecu for the bigger squirter - takes a bit more time - but not a problem

BTW - we made just about 350 whp with ease on stock injectors at Buschur so don't think that bigger injectors are needed - they are simply a little upgrade

Bigger turbos of course must have them to run higher boost
Old Feb 26, 2004, 09:39 PM
Evolved Member

arent your stock injectors at peak , so im sure went boosting more over stock fuel is also required ...
or the pump solves that issue ????
since im running 264/272 with cam gears and also an upgraded FMIC ...
i seen that set up on Robi's car 660cc also how would i go as far as the install prior to the flash with the injectors , can they be run on stock ecu till you get here and tune it with your FLASH...???
Old Feb 26, 2004, 09:50 PM
Evolved Member

Hey Al, What exactly do you need our cars to have to make sure we have a successful flash. Example, I have buschurs t/b and it has that long o2 sensor bung, Im guessing for cel reasons, so does the bung need to be flush to the piping or is the extended one fine, and last do you think the stock valve train is ok with the hks 272's.. thanks...
Old Feb 26, 2004, 10:09 PM
Account Disabled

Originally posted by statix
Hey Al, What exactly do you need our cars to have to make sure we have a successful flash. Example, I have buschurs t/b and it has that long o2 sensor bung, Im guessing for cel reasons, so does the bung need to be flush to the piping or is the extended one fine, and last do you think the stock valve train is ok with the hks 272's.. thanks...
You need a bung close to the pipe - ask Buschur to send you an xtra bung and have it welded on at an exhuast shop - this is crucial

Only a few exhusts have this issue - but everyone should check and make sure its not them
Old Feb 26, 2004, 11:19 PM
Evolving Member

Goku, I'm actually having 660 injectors installed prior to the custom tuning as well....to my understanding after talking with people, there is no problem running injectors 18% larger than stock....just try to stay off WOT so you don't run rich as hell.....it'll be completely driveable with the stock ecu for you to make it to the tuning session....and as to the question with the valvetrain, I believe hks 264/272 are designed to use evo's stock valvetrain....which except for the weak springs, isn't so bad....I don't think the hks cams have that high of a lift to bind the springs, so an upgrade is not necessary until you hit higher rev limits like 8000...

To Al;
I have the rmr downpipe, is the bung ok on that dp? I don't think it's that far but wanted to make sure.
Old Feb 27, 2004, 12:42 AM

Al, which high flow cat do you reccommend?
Old Feb 27, 2004, 01:00 AM
Evolving Member

he recommends the UR high flow cat
Old Feb 27, 2004, 01:16 AM
Evolved Member

so 660cc then , im sure Robi can help with the install prior to the session :wink:
also what fuel pumps do you have as options besides walbro ????
Old Feb 27, 2004, 01:18 AM
Evolving Member

I think walboro is the most popular one people get...the 255lph....but there are bigger fuel pumps out there like the denso 310lph......I believe by general consensus that even with a huge sick turbo....walboro is plenty for the job and does it well.
Old Feb 27, 2004, 03:04 AM
Evolving Member

Is running a straight pipe ok for the street tune ,bungs in stock location...Im guessing you need the O2 directly in the exhaust flow so you can read the mixture,It would make sense a longer bung for O2 makes the sensor read lower emissions..good trick no SES

RRE has these special cats that look like a cat from the outside but its a 3 inch pipe on the inside...

Im getting a custom 3 inch downpipe made by RRE havent decided on using the UR high flow cat or fake cat....getting ready for the street tune

good stuff on sale now
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...&highlight=RRE

Last edited by DocMortal; Feb 27, 2004 at 03:07 AM.
Old Feb 27, 2004, 10:05 AM
Evolved Member

So what's the total number of deposits so far? Any word on selecting time slots? I have a ways to drive. I'm also going to need an address. Where are people from outa town staying, (recomended hotel)?

Quick Reply: Socal again?