Notices
E85 / Ethanol This section is dedicated to tuning with ethanol.

E85 Gauge w/ output for under $100

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2017, 09:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Ok tested and working 100% thanks,, mrb00st,, My problem was 1st I had the wrong libraries,, NOTE,,, My second problem was when testing and plugged in the laptop via USB to power the ARDUINO up u have to ground the arduino I DID NO KNOW THAT,,, I had it all set up on in my garage and hooked up to my spare car battery and set the FF sensor in a small container of E85 and some E85/98 MIX just to make sure it was working properly
So remember to ground the arduino when testing with the laptop via the USB.
To do that all I did was used my circuit tester clipped to the battery negative and just touched the metal top part where the USB plugs into the arduino,,
To test and make sure everything is running and your getting the correct readings or if you have to LCD hooked up to the arduino,, When you have everything hooked up open the arduino software and go to tools then serial monitor and a window will pop up and it will start to show readings,, it will show 4 readings ,
In order and keep repeating,,
1.pulse width modulated
2.Voltage
3.Hz
4.E85 content
VIDEO LINK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKKIKcE7abw
Old Feb 1, 2017, 06:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
nice intomation! I will add some of it to the beginning. I also found a old video i made my it in car working. Which library was it you ended up using and i shall update the main page
Old Feb 1, 2017, 12:02 PM
Evolved Member

Ya i saw your video.. here is the library that i used,, also in my quest to get this arduino working I googled arduino e85 and came a cross a much smaller setup using the arduino nano,,
https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/sho....php?t=2810122

Originally Posted by mrb00st
nice intomation! I will add some of it to the beginning. I also found a old video i made my it in car working. Which library was it you ended up using and i shall update the main page
Attached Files
File Type: rar
libraries.rar (1.57 MB, 0 views)
Old Feb 1, 2017, 01:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How are you guys sending power to your arduinos once set up in the car? And are you using rear o2 for ff sensor?
Old Feb 1, 2017, 01:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ant_turbo
Ya i saw your video.. here is the library that i used,, also in my quest to get this arduino working I googled arduino e85 and came a cross a much smaller setup using the arduino nano,,
https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/sho....php?t=2810122
I have the nano built. Just have not done a write up on it
Old Feb 1, 2017, 02:32 PM

Wow, pretty crazy.
Bump so I could see this later.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

You use any good 12v switched.. but it must be a good power source,, or just like in the post says.. rear o2,, Using the usb cigarette lighter to power it v5 charger
Originally Posted by evo8tanner
How are you guys sending power to your arduinos once set up in the car? And are you using rear o2 for ff sensor?
Old Feb 1, 2017, 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by b boy
Hey buddy, am in the south burb of chicago and very interested in making one for my evo if you want to work on it together bro. Please let me know. B
I already got the board. Still waiting on the resistors. I'm not doing the display. If you need help let me know. I'm not in a rush to get this done since we are in the off season. I plan on having it done by the end of Feb though.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 06:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by wizzo 8
I already got the board. Still waiting on the resistors. I'm not doing the display. If you need help let me know. I'm not in a rush to get this done since we are in the off season. I plan on having it done by the end of Feb though.
Thanks buddy, I'm also not in a rush to getting this done also since my evo is a garage queen all winter and weekend warrior during the summer season. if you are not doing the display, how are you going to get the reading? i most be missing something. I can also wait for you to complete your set-up in case you run into a bump in the road on setting it up. where in the chicagoland area are you located at? i can always stop by and give you a hand if you need help also. Thanks B
Old Feb 1, 2017, 06:42 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks buddy, I'm also not in a rush to getting this done also since my evo is a garage queen all winter and weekend warrior during the summer season. if you are not doing the display, how are you going to get the reading? i most be missing something. I can also wait for you to complete your set-up in case you run into a bump in the road on setting it up. where in the chicagoland area are you located at? i can always stop by and give you a hand if you need help also. Thanks B
I already have a Zeitronix gauge installed. Mine is a garage queen also lol! I only have free time here and there so it would be hard to set a time. I'll post any problems I may have here.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 07:32 PM
Evolving Member

I already have a Zeitronix gauge installed. Mine is a garage queen also lol! I only have free time here and there so it would be hard to set a time. I'll post any problems I may have here.
sounds good buddy. I will need a screen for my since i went away from using my Zeitronix from my old evo. Be on the look out for this Evo
its very slow.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 06:41 AM
Evolving Member

if you are not doing the display, how are you going to get the reading? i most be missing something.
You can read the output thru evoscan if you had to
Old Feb 2, 2017, 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mrb00st
You can read the output thru evoscan if you had to
But doesn't that only show voltage and not an actual ethonal content?
Old Feb 2, 2017, 07:56 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
But doesn't that only show voltage and not an actual ethonal content?
Just set up the function to convert it from voltage to %.

We do it on the 10's no problem.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 02:57 PM

Hmmm i may use cigarette outlet to power temporarily

Quick Reply: E85 Gauge w/ output for under $100