Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2007, 01:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks jjf

but i cannot log AFRMAP to use it in calculation

load = 5*injscaling*(IPW-IL)/AFRMAP where

IL = -0.1026*V+1.8741

AFRMAP is not listed in the chanels menu when i have to select a max 10 parameters to log?

i will highly appriciate your help in this
Old Mar 1, 2007, 02:38 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by Evo_Kid
How does the xede have better resolution?? You can edit any map in ECUFlash for the same resolution

You right, one of the best features the Xede has over the ECU is the fact you can do decimal increment of timing. Besides that, I find the ECU to be better in everyway.
It isn't a matter of using one in lieu of the other. The Xede also gives lean-run protection, full methanol injection control, real-time automatic ignition timing optimization and WOT fuel map optimization, real time map cell tracing, and other slick features that just don't exist in the factory ECU (and many standalones as well).

My strategy is quite simple, tune as best as possible with ECU Flash, tweak the last bit using the Xede's superior resolution, and use the Xede for the aforementioned optimizing functions and safeguards.

Anyway, I am also a bit frustrated with the factory ECU fuel map values being arbitrary, but primarily because there is no real-time monitoring/tracing, which makes going back and agonizing over logs cumbersome and time consuming. Hopefully, the tracing feature of the new version of EVOScan will make this tedious process a bit more efficient.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 02:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fbikawi
thanks jjf

but i cannot log AFRMAP to use it in calculation

load = 5*injscaling*(IPW-IL)/AFRMAP where

IL = -0.1026*V+1.8741

AFRMAP is not listed in the chanels menu when i have to select a max 10 parameters to log?

i will highly appriciate your help in this
Hi, I explained how to add AFRMAP (and the two different variations on the calculation) here:

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/f...&postcount=110

Let me know if you have any questions.

-jjf
Old Mar 1, 2007, 02:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ted B
Anyway, I am also a bit frustrated with the factory ECU fuel map values being arbitrary, but primarily because there is no real-time monitoring/tracing, which makes going back and agonizing over logs cumbersome and time consuming. Hopefully, the tracing feature of the new version of EVOScan will make this tedious process a bit more efficient.
I don't know if it helps, but in the original post, NJ can trace now. He can upen the chart while he plays back the log in LogWorks. I do this quite a lot, I'll highlight just a pull (or pull portion), then play it back watching the cells highlight and populate.

-jjf
Old Mar 3, 2007, 02:47 PM
EvoM Guru

That sounds fine, but unless I can figure out a way to use Logworks with my S.M.A.R.T Xede with integrated LC-1 (), it's more or less academic in my case (and for others with the same arrangement).
Old Mar 3, 2007, 08:21 PM
Evolving Member

That sounds fine, but unless I can figure out a way to use Logworks with my S.M.A.R.T Xede with integrated LC-1 (), it's more or less academic in my case (and for others with the same arrangement).
I did a LogWorks plug in for XEDE as well, but I am not intimately familiar with all the different variations.

-jjf
Old Mar 3, 2007, 08:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jfitzpat
I did a LogWorks plug in for XEDE as well, but I am not intimately familiar with all the different variations.
-jjf
There are really only two versions of the Xede logging facilities. The old query/response mechanism where you ask for a specific input value and the highspeed logging function where you specify a list of ports and the Xede spits out values as fast as it can -- in order.

V2, V3, and SMART Xedes have gone through quite a few firmware revisions, but the logging code has remained pretty much unchanged.

d
Old Mar 3, 2007, 09:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by donour
There are really only two versions of the Xede logging facilities. The old query/response mechanism where you ask for a specific input value and the highspeed logging function where you specify a list of ports and the Xede spits out values as fast as it can -- in order.

V2, V3, and SMART Xedes have gone through quite a few firmware revisions, but the logging code has remained pretty much unchanged.

d
The prototype was my car and we used the highspeed logging of the xede. I think Ted is having a hard time getting the SMART Xede to work with the Xede plug-in. My car did not have SMART and for some reason logging with the Xede plug-in with the SMART is not working.
Old Mar 3, 2007, 09:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nj1266
The prototype was my car and we used the highspeed logging of the xede. I think Ted is having a hard time getting the SMART Xede to work with the Xede plug-in. My car did not have SMART and for some reason logging with the Xede plug-in with the SMART is not working.
It shouldn't matter. Even without the smart hardware, those channels still exist and logging should work the same.

d
Old Mar 4, 2007, 07:28 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by donour
It shouldn't matter. Even without the smart hardware, those channels still exist and logging should work the same.

d
Vishnu tells me the same. I'm not sure why he is having difficulty.

-jjf
Old Mar 4, 2007, 11:50 AM
EvoM Guru

My difficulties are rooted in unresolved issues such as:

(1) I have tactric cable USB and Xede USB connections. The LC-1 is wired into the Xede, so there is no provision for a third USB connection to the LC-1. Should this work?

(2) "No serial port available" message - connection difficulties

(3) No instructions or usable sequence of steps for this setup
Old Mar 4, 2007, 12:41 PM
Evolving Member

My difficulties are rooted in unresolved issues such as:

(1) I have tactric cable USB and Xede USB connections. The LC-1 is wired into the Xede, so there is no provision for a third USB connection to the LC-1. Should this work?

(2) "No serial port available" message - connection difficulties

(3) No instructions or usable sequence of steps for this setup
Uh, there aren't any USB connections on an LC-1. The number and type of USB connections is limited by your computer. It can be expanded with what is called a hub.

LogWorks reports No serial port when all ports are in use or otherwise fail an open request. If there is no serial port free for MTS logging, the program can't log.

The OpePort plug in does have step by step directions, as does the LogWorks and LC-1 manuals. The XEDE plug-in has no manual, I figured it was too simple to warrant one. It most assuredly runs in conjunctions with the OpenPort plug-in and regular MTS logging (in fact, it did so the first day it existed - since I developed it, on my own time, on NJ's car).

I've seen no evidence that order effects the ability to run any of the plug-ins. The only limitation is that plug ins must be running on connected before LogWorks is connected to the MTS device(s).

-jjf
Old Mar 4, 2007, 12:53 PM
Evolved Member

jjf- just to clarify; in order to log with logworks xede and or/OBDII(open port) via tactriks cable at least one serial port must be connected to a innovate device?
Old Mar 4, 2007, 02:41 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by jfitzpat
Uh, there aren't any USB connections on an LC-1. The number and type of USB connections is limited by your computer. It can be expanded with what is called a hub.

LogWorks reports No serial port when all ports are in use or otherwise fail an open request. If there is no serial port free for MTS logging, the program can't log.
There are four USB connections on this laptop. I am using two (Tactrix + Xede).

Summary:

Started the Open Port plugin, selected items to be logged, 'start logging'.

Started Xede plugin, selected items to be logged, 'start logging'.

Started Logworks2, get serial port error.

Last edited by Ted B; Mar 4, 2007 at 02:44 PM.
Old Mar 4, 2007, 03:51 PM
Evolved Member

I believe you will need to connect your LC1 serial to a third USB in order to make logworks work. In my case I hook up my LC1/LMA3 serial(Com1), Xede/SMART serial (Com4)and Tactrix cable(com5) to the laptop and all work.

Quick Reply: Target AFR and Actual AFR