Notices
ECU Flash

calc HP/TQ from EvoScan using Excel

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2007, 02:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok real stupid question but I am a newb at this. How would I use the Excel template given on the first page to correspond to my logs (data) from Mitsulogger?
Old Jul 6, 2007, 03:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by OneillEvo
Ok real stupid question but I am a newb at this. How would I use the Excel template given on the first page to correspond to my logs (data) from Mitsulogger?

Ok download the excel calc. Open your log in a spreadsheet. Open the dyno calc. Copy your LogEntrySeconds and rpms and past them into the dyno calc. look at the bottom of the dyno clac and press the gear the log was done in. For the other data stuff just copy ad paste them in the correct spots in the dyno calc if you want to see other data in a graph
Old Apr 23, 2009, 05:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Back from the death. How good is this excel spreadsheet comprared to DLL or EvoScan? On this spreadsheet you need to log just speed, rpm, boost and AFR to get the plot right?
Old Apr 23, 2009, 07:04 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by racer135
Back from the death. How good is this excel spreadsheet comprared to DLL or EvoScan? On this spreadsheet you need to log just speed, rpm, boost and AFR to get the plot right?
HP/TQ in my calc are based on vehicle speed, time, and coefficient of drag. As long as all those values are accurate, you'll get an accurate calculate of HP/TQ at the wheels.

All that's needed to log in EvoScan to get HP/TQ using this spreadsheet is rpm. RPM is used to determine vehicle speed (using gear ratios and tire diameter). Time is always logged in EvoScan, and I've already got the Cd in the spreadsheet. Boost and AFR are just there for reference.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

SO have you done any benchmarking with DLL or EvoScan just to comprare the results?
Old Apr 23, 2009, 11:08 PM
Evolved Member

Very Cool spreadsheet

probobly a dumb question, but Im not too familiar w/ excell, and I did try, but is there a way to increase the hp/tq values on the y axis? I tested this out to compare to my evoscan calculations, but its showing way above 350, so you cant see the curves.
TIA
Old Apr 24, 2009, 06:08 PM
Evolved Member

Cool spreadsheet. Thanks for posting it.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 09:44 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by racer135
SO have you done any benchmarking with DLL or EvoScan just to comprare the results?
I wanted to compare it to DLL, but I never bought DLL, and I used up the DLL 30 day trial long before I ever wrote the HP/TQ calculator. I suppose I could compare it to EvoScan. I'll do it when I begin my next round of tuning.

Originally Posted by nonschlont
Very Cool spreadsheet

probobly a dumb question, but Im not too familiar w/ excell, and I did try, but is there a way to increase the hp/tq values on the y axis? I tested this out to compare to my evoscan calculations, but its showing way above 350, so you cant see the curves.
TIA
Double click the axis or the number on the axis. That will bring up a dialog box with several different options. One of the options will be to set the axis range.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 10:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mrfred
I wanted to compare it to DLL, but I never bought DLL, and I used up the DLL 30 day trial long before I ever wrote the HP/TQ calculator. I suppose I could compare it to EvoScan. I'll do it when I begin my next round of tuning.

Double click the axis or the number on the axis. That will bring up a dialog box with several different options. One of the options will be to set the axis range.
only prob is its not reading accurately for me, as much as I would love to have this kinda powa...
edit: I didnt do any of these recommendations.

A couple of things I realized when making this spreadsheet:

1) If you want the most accurate HP/TQ values, you'll want to adjust your EvoScan Data.xml file to log rpm directly or almost directly after logging LogEntrySeconds. This is true whether DLL or EvoScan or this spreadsheet is being used.

2) Disable any unnecessary data logging in EvoScan to get the maximum logging speed.
Attached Thumbnails calc HP/TQ from EvoScan using Excel-power-graph.png  

Last edited by nonschlont; Apr 24, 2009 at 10:22 PM.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 10:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
mrfred.... so all i log is RPM and i should be fine?

i have been using evoscan for 2 years and i cannot remember if there is something to log time lol....

what are the exact parameters to measure in Evoscan?

Thanks
Old Apr 24, 2009, 10:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
How do you set priorities in Evoscan? Just whatever is highest (and selected) on the list?
Old Apr 25, 2009, 12:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jack_of_Trades
How do you set priorities in Evoscan? Just whatever is highest (and selected) on the list?
Strongly believe this to be correct
Old Apr 25, 2009, 08:42 AM
EvoM Guru

Open the "Data.xml" file, and rearrange the order of the logging items.
Old Apr 25, 2009, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Wow, I added a correction factor to the formula for the "3rd Total HP" column and set it with my Turbotrix DJ logs and my Buschur MD logs. MD= 1.045 correction, DJ= 1.23 correction. Talk about dead on! I'd like to add the Baro and Temp corrections at some point just to keep things more consistent over the coarse of time.
Old Apr 25, 2009, 02:00 PM
EvoM Guru

Wow, I added a correction factor to the formula for the "3rd Total HP" column and set it with my Turbotrix DJ logs and my Buschur MD logs. MD= 1.045 correction, DJ= 1.23 correction. Talk about dead on! I'd like to add the Baro and Temp corrections at some point just to keep things more consistent over the coarse of time.
A correction factor of 1.23 makes my formula match up with a DynoJet dyno run? That would mean my car is up in the range of 430 whp on a DJ.

Quick Reply: calc HP/TQ from EvoScan using Excel