Notices
ECU Flash

Evo Live Map 88590015 Download Ready

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2008, 09:52 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jcsbanks
What I will end up producing is the PC stuff and the ECU patches to allow reading and writing of RAM areas in the ECU using DMA. Tephra seems to be happy to move his maps to RAM (fuel, timing, boost, and I'm sure MIVEC can be added) and will add a routine to his patches to copy ROM to RAM when the ECU is first powered up/reflashed. My stuff will then allow editing these.
What about moving RAM tables to ROM? Would we just copy them into ECUflash and flash them? I know some of the subaru tuners have a conservative map in ROM in case the ECU loses power.

This is very exciting stuff.
Old Feb 11, 2008, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
MOVING ROM TO RAM:

Tephra already detects and processes the situation where the ECU has been reset, so he can just copy ROM to RAM in one block if he organises his maps in a block. This way the RAM maps will always be valid. Since Tephra is using two sets of maps in ROM, I've just suggested he moves them both to RAM. Then he can interpolate or switch between them, but using my work they become live mappable as well. So we should be able to live edit two sets of maps and then switch between them at will with the laptop, pocket pc or intercooler switch/ADC input etc.

He already has a neat method of switching between maps, so I'll leave that to him. When he puts them in RAM the full party will begin.

I think it should all unify quite nicely and am also excited, especially since he can take over the management of the maps and I can work on the comms. We are just negotiating in the other thread over memory real estate - some care is needed on the 256kb ROMs (7/8) but there should still be room for two sets of fuel/timing/boost. That way we don't tread on each other's work and I think it will be really powerful as well!

MOVING RAM TO ROM:
If we say allocate 1kb x 2 for the 8 and 2kb x 2 for the 9 for our maps and they are in the same layout in ROM and RAM, then I think I could make an option in my app to paste in the RAM to the flash ROM file and then you could use Ecuflash to update your ROM in case of power down etc. Even without this I already have copy and paste facilities so you could copy the map displayed in my app and paste it into Ecuflash.

Last edited by jcsbanks; Feb 11, 2008 at 11:10 AM.
Old Feb 11, 2008, 10:40 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by jcsbanks
Tephra already detects and processes the situation where the ECU has been reset, so he can just copy ROM to RAM in one block if he organises his maps in a block. This way the RAM maps will always be valid.
Oh yeah, i am more curious about moving the changed RAM values to ROM. So after you setup your live tune will it flash it back to rom or will you have to copy the RAM values to ECUflash and flash them on? In case your battery dies or something how will you keep your tune?
Old Feb 11, 2008, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Sorry, yes I realised what you meant and edited the last post.
Old Feb 11, 2008, 11:19 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Awesome sounds great.