ECU Flash

PATCH: KNOCKCEL+NLTS+AltMap (V4)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2008, 04:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tephra
hey Richard,

Yeah I need to know if there is a linear relationship between % meth and % timing... if you know what I mean.

ie at 50% meth flow can you run 50% of the timing of 100% meth?
Well, the mixed octane rating will expodentially increase/decease from 0% added meth to 100% added meth. That much I know.
Old Feb 6, 2008, 04:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
whats the diff between 17 and 16?

I prefer to do 1, so 17?
I say 17 too, 16 owners (like me) can upgrade to 17
Old Feb 6, 2008, 05:25 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Jack_of_Trades
4.8 will work with the IX's too. You just need a seperate switch added. Read HERE for info.
Is that speaker wire?
Old Feb 6, 2008, 05:43 AM
Evolved Member

2 conductor wire, commonly known as speaker wire. There is absolutely no difference between this stuff and standard 2 conductor wire..strand count and all. Especially when the maximum current draw is 20mA

Last edited by Jack_of_Trades; Feb 6, 2008 at 05:45 AM.
Old Feb 6, 2008, 09:40 AM
Evolved Member

Wow this feels like christmas when I was a kid, like I am waiting for the day to open my presents. TEPHRA & JAMIE YOU GUYS ROCK
v5 FTW

also I'm down for having WGDC/BDEL as one table

Last edited by bnice01; Feb 6, 2008 at 09:48 AM.
Old Feb 6, 2008, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

I forsee this summer being a good one for all of us :-) Hopefully the alky failsafes will allow a lot more users to feel comfortable enough to finally take the leap. Viva La Meth,lol.
Old Feb 6, 2008, 12:01 PM

Old Feb 6, 2008, 01:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jack_of_Trades
I forsee this summer being a good one for all of us :-) Hopefully the alky failsafes will allow a lot more users to feel comfortable enough to finally take the leap. Viva La Meth,lol.
I know thats right, ppl I talk to sometimes are so afraid of it. They always here the bad stories. But I tell them just like modding anything you still have to hold the installer/owner accountable.
Old Feb 6, 2008, 01:51 PM
Evolved Member

My only concern is faulty components causing problems. Say someone makes a bad connection or the failsafe component has a glitch which makes it start flipping on and off during a WOT run, the ECU will flip flop from standard maps to the alt maps so many times that I would be afraid that the drastic tuning changes would create high knock sums. Similar to knock occurrences from having too drastic of a change in timing from one cell to the next.

I asked Tephra if there is any way he can add code so if the failsafe is triggered, it will stay in the map for a set amount of time (5 seconds?) before it can switch back, or even better, not switch back until the TPS signal goes below a set point (say...20%). That way the user has to let off the throttle to reset the fault. If the failsafe was triggered, you'll wanna find out why before mashing the gas again.

This is all up to Tephra though, I come up with concepts, he's the "reality" guy here,lol. He's creating so many alterations to this new patch that I hate to ask him to do any more. God knows everyone better throw him some cash when this baby is launched
Old Feb 6, 2008, 01:55 PM
Evolving Member

hey Richard,

Yeah I need to know if there is a linear relationship between % meth and % timing... if you know what I mean.

Not to make things too complicated, and not sure how you are going to attack the interpolation routine, but could you implement a 2d table for interpolation, allowing you to vary the curve of the interpolation. like the following:

volts versus percentage( 0-5 volts for example)
0 0%
1 25%
2 50%
3 60%
4 95%
5 100%

or a larger range. could even be two tables. one for AFR and one for timing.

just ideas.
Old Feb 6, 2008, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

That seems like a good way to make it adjustable. Then again, I have no clue how much code is required for that.

Also, if this info is from a flow sensor, you need to set the maximum voltage point somehow. Say you set it to flow 900cc/min max and the sensor maxes out at 5v@1200cc/min, your max set point would be 3.75v so you need the aggressive map to be fully engaged at 3.75v, not 5v.

Last edited by Jack_of_Trades; Feb 6, 2008 at 02:11 PM.
Old Feb 6, 2008, 02:52 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by tephra;
hey Richard,

If 1-4V can be reserved for real time fuel and ignition trim, leaving:

0 to <1V = altmap Off
>4 to 5v = altmap On

>1 to <4 volt:
Fuel: 0% trim @1V to 20% trim @4V
Ignition: 0% change to 10% more advanced @4V

Once this is fixed, user can calibrate the flow sensor to create thier own maximum trim value.

Just a thought. You still leave on/off altmap in place and fully functional if one choose not to use the Map trim.
Old Feb 6, 2008, 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

So set the LOW point and the HIGH point and have it just interpolate between those values? Kind of like a S-AFC? If you wanted it to be a simple on/off switch like it is now, all you would need to do is set both points to the same value so anything below that point is one map and anything above that point is the other map.

Here are some examples of what I think you mean in the attached pics.
Attached Thumbnails PATCH: KNOCKCEL+NLTS+AltMap (V4)-adc_curve1.jpg   PATCH: KNOCKCEL+NLTS+AltMap (V4)-adc-curve2.jpg   PATCH: KNOCKCEL+NLTS+AltMap (V4)-adc-curve3.jpg  

Last edited by Jack_of_Trades; Feb 6, 2008 at 03:21 PM.
Old Feb 6, 2008, 04:14 PM
Evolving Member

If you max out at say 3.75v, couldn't you just make all points in the map 100% for that value and above? or adjust the volt scale the same way we move around rpm scales to have 3.75v as the highest value.

This is all of course as long as tephra can do this for us.

I think this option would give quite a bit of flexibility for different voltage sources and different fuel performance curves as mixtures change. I'd venture a guess that the fuel interpolation curve would not be the same for methanol vs ethanol or even from meth kit to meth kit.
Old Feb 6, 2008, 04:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tek3Evo
If you max out at say 3.75v, couldn't you just make all points in the map 100% for that value and above? or adjust the volt scale the same way we move around rpm scales to have 3.75v as the highest value.

This is all of course as long as tephra can do this for us.

I think this option would give quite a bit of flexibility for different voltage sources and different fuel performance curves as mixtures change. I'd venture a guess that the fuel interpolation curve would not be the same for methanol vs ethanol or even from meth kit to meth kit.

I think Richards post and my following post answer your concern the best by having a LOW set point and a HIGH set point.

Quick Reply: PATCH: KNOCKCEL+NLTS+AltMap (V4)