Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2008, 01:30 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
Yes, it will work with v1.38.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 05:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can I use this patch with tephra V2 patch rom?
Old Sep 27, 2008, 01:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
O.K. I'm I doing something wrong? I can change all the cells in the HOOK-test except the A4E6 cell. I can usually just press the = key to change it straight up but it won't let me. It would require me to + or - all the way until i get to where I want to be. Same the thing with the sim-subroutine, I'd have to + or - my way to the correct setting. Is this right?
Old Sep 27, 2008, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

btw I have the 96940011.
Old Sep 27, 2008, 03:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Are you typing in 0x before the values?
Old Sep 28, 2008, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by l2r99gst
Are you typing in 0x before the values?
Aaaahhhh! Nice. I guess that's what that 0x**** immobilizer disable meant. O.K. Thanks a lot.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 01:13 PM
Evolving Member

ok ive used this before and i just switched to vista cause i got a new laptop. Ive modified the xml but when i reopen ecuflash the o2sensor sections arent there. I done this before on a old laptop and know where it is. But for some reason it isnt working.

btw im using 1.29
Old Nov 4, 2008, 02:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I've only used Vista once, years ago, even before it was out on the market, so I may not be that much help if it's a Vista problem.

But, a couple things to check are your user level in ECUFlash (make sure it's developer) and ensure that your metadata directory is pointing to the correct location of your updated xml file.
Old Nov 28, 2008, 03:10 PM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Checking back in to this thread. Few things:

1) My old laptop with my modified romdata file died. Can I import my old romdata file (that I have modified) into the new romdata folder on my computer? I did change from PC to Mac - but they both are xml files.

2) If I didn't redo that rom file and reflashed my car with the .hex (one that I did the mod too - the options are gone for the patch when I open the .hex now) that I last tuned on my car - will the O2 patch be removed. That is - using the xml file that comes untouched from EcuFlash.

3) I recently was mailed an E-card...E for evil...E for emission testing. I miss MI and their lack of environmental responsibility.

Since I did this mod my rear O2 has completely failed. From high voltage to now a heater code. So I need a sensor anyway.

OH (where my car is registered) does an OBDII check. Once I put back in a viable sensor is the rear will it complete its ECU check with the O2 patch?

I will be putting back on my stock downpipe, cat, and removing my anti-fowlers for the visual part of the check. But I need the ECU to read and confirm all systems go for the OBD part of the check.
Old Nov 28, 2008, 04:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SmikeEvo
I did change from PC to Mac - but they both are xml files.
Have you set up Parallels or BootCamp on your Mac yet? I run Parallels for all my PC related stuff (including ECUFlash) with no problems whatsoever.
Old Nov 28, 2008, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo8dad
Have you set up Parallels or BootCamp on your Mac yet? I run Parallels for all my PC related stuff (including ECUFlash) with no problems whatsoever.
Do I need to? I have the Mac version to EcuFlash and the Maclogger - haven't used either yet.
Old Nov 28, 2008, 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

No but, if your coming from a PC it's convenient to have. If your worried about the cost just checkout Isohunt.com ;-)
Old Nov 28, 2008, 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo8dad
No but, if your coming from a PC it's convenient to have. If your worried about the cost just checkout Isohunt.com ;-)
Ha - thanks. I have been using Macs for years. Trademark of my profession, just owned a PC due to a past life. I run open-source programs as much as I can. To date, only 2 I had to spend money on.
Old Nov 28, 2008, 08:05 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
My answers are in bold.

Originally Posted by SmikeEvo
Checking back in to this thread. Few things:

1) My old laptop with my modified romdata file died. Can I import my old romdata file (that I have modified) into the new romdata folder on my computer? I did change from PC to Mac - but they both are xml files.

Yes

2) If I didn't redo that rom file and reflashed my car with the .hex (one that I did the mod too - the options are gone for the patch when I open the .hex now) that I last tuned on my car - will the O2 patch be removed. That is - using the xml file that comes untouched from EcuFlash.

I don't entirely understand this question. I'll toss out a general comment that I think may answer your question. The definitions added to a ROM xml file only make it possible to certain parts of the ROM. They don't control whether data are present or not.

3) I recently was mailed an E-card...E for evil...E for emission testing. I miss MI and their lack of environmental responsibility.

Since I did this mod my rear O2 has completely failed. From high voltage to now a heater code. So I need a sensor anyway.

OH (where my car is registered) does an OBDII check. Once I put back in a viable sensor is the rear will it complete its ECU check with the O2 patch?

Yes

I will be putting back on my stock downpipe, cat, and removing my anti-fowlers for the visual part of the check. But I need the ECU to read and confirm all systems go for the OBD part of the check.
Old Nov 29, 2008, 05:21 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks mrfred.

Ill do number 1 to get the patch back into the ROM.

2) Basically, if I took the current unpatched rom and reflashed my car - would it clear off the patch?

3) Well, if the car runs a complete check then I will not mess with the patch. Ill just get a new sensor and go in for the e-check. For some reason I thought it didn't show a full cycle when I use my OBDII scanner.

Last edited by Smike; Nov 29, 2008 at 06:36 AM.

Quick Reply: 96940011 rear O2 sim patch