Notices
ECU Flash

EvoScan logging with AEM UEGO???

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2008, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EvoScan logging with AEM UEGO???

Have anyone been able to connect an AEM UEGO O2 Wideband sensor to EvoScan via serial cable and log data successfully?
Old Apr 13, 2008, 10:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
A lot of us have . Do a search around this forum. You can start here for the cable instructions:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...light=AEM+UEGO
Old Apr 13, 2008, 11:42 AM
Evolved Member

I already have the cable and it is workiing because I get the data stream on a windows hyper terminal. THe problem is that when I connect to EvoScan with the Wideband selected EvoScan gives me an error and stops. The error I got is:

Info: Initialization Complete...
Info: Waiting for INIT Response...
Info: ECU ID: E4BF
Info: Connection successful...
Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Info: Datalogger Ended

What version of evescan are you using? I have been trying to use ver 2.2 with no luck so far. And I dont know where to look for an earlier version to try it. When I paid it geot me directly to ver 2.2 download and no option to download other versions.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

BTW are you using a null modem cable to connect or a straight cable? I am connecting to the hyper terminal with a null modem cable and that is the same cable I am trying to use to connect using EvoScan
Old Sep 30, 2008, 05:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by racer135
BTW are you using a null modem cable to connect or a straight cable? I am connecting to the hyper terminal with a null modem cable and that is the same cable I am trying to use to connect using EvoScan
Did you ever resolve this issue and, if so, what was the fix? I'm trying to connect my USB to Serial cable and I'm getting the same error on EvoScan 2.5.
Old Sep 30, 2008, 11:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When you had it plugged in did you choose the right com port?
Old Oct 1, 2008, 07:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by IXrunner
When you had it plugged in did you choose the right com port?
Yep, the strange part is that it would log just fine if I disconnected the wideband Tx cable, but then I won't be getting my A/F ratio which doesn't help. Are there any settings in the wideband table that I should adjust?
Old Oct 6, 2008, 04:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Creamo3
Yep, the strange part is that it would log just fine if I disconnected the wideband Tx cable, but then I won't be getting my A/F ratio which doesn't help. Are there any settings in the wideband table that I should adjust?
Go to my computer (right click), properties, device manager, ports and see what USB cable is connected where then set the the ports appropriately in evoscan.
Hope this helps, it works for me.
Old Oct 6, 2008, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

I did fix the problem. I had to go back to the previous version of evoscan. I believe it was 2.1. The version I was using was a beta and did not support wideband log via serial. I switch to the previous version and everything works great. I am using the AEM UEGO.

Did you ever resolve this issue and, if so, what was the fix? I'm trying to connect my USB to Serial cable and I'm getting the same error on EvoScan 2.5.
Old Oct 7, 2008, 06:33 AM
Evolving Member

I log just fine with 2.5
Old Oct 11, 2008, 09:10 AM
Evolving Member

hmmm i have a pre release verison...and im having an issue...whenever i check the wideband box to log...it doesnt connect....

now i know that i have to have the blue cable from the wideband harness going to the female connector #2 but do i HAVE to have it grounded as well?
Old Oct 11, 2008, 09:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by vvhiteix
hmmm i have a pre release verison...and im having an issue...whenever i check the wideband box to log...it doesnt connect....

now i know that i have to have the blue cable from the wideband harness going to the female connector #2 but do i HAVE to have it grounded as well?
blue to pin #2 and ground out pin #5

Thats what the instructions say, and that is how I have made cables that all worked
Old Oct 12, 2008, 08:54 AM
Evolving Member

yea i figured it out... just in the wideband menu you have to select what"comport" its connected to...thats a pain everytime i want to log.
Old Oct 12, 2008, 10:06 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by vvhiteix
yea i figured it out... just in the wideband menu you have to select what"comport" its connected to...thats a pain everytime i want to log.
For my computer, as long as nothing else has been added (that would take up a COM port) AND you use the same USB ports, it assigns the exact same com ports.

If I plug in different USB ports, it will assign different COM ports. Maby see if it will work the same for your computer. I used to check the port every single freaking time until I figured it out.
Old Jan 20, 2009, 05:23 AM
Evolved Member

What was the problem, because I too am having the same problem using 2.5 too. Logs fine in hyperterminal but keeps disconnecting in evoscan. The comport is right, but it just keeps disengaging?
HELP!!

Quick Reply: EvoScan logging with AEM UEGO???