Notices
ECU Flash

Logging LC-1 with EVOScan? - help

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2008, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EatSleepBoost
is there a step by step thread on here somewhere about how to log a LC 1 with evoscan. my wideband is installed and i know i have to go get the serial to usb adapter. i also know u have to put the terminator plug in (i don't know if it goes in in out or the in). what do u do next. select external wb on evoscan or wat are the other steps
The terminator plug goes in the "In" cable. The serial cable leading to the computer goes in the out. Select the correct external wideband channel as you wrote and make sure to select to COM port for the USB to serial adapter. You aslo need to check the box next to external wideband in the logging directory on the screen.

I've done all this though and am still unable to log my LC-1 Waiting to hear from evo4mad to help me out.
Old Sep 6, 2008, 11:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We are on the same boat ^
Old Sep 7, 2008, 09:29 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by evo8dad
The terminator plug goes in the "In" cable. The serial cable leading to the computer goes in the out. Select the correct external wideband channel as you wrote and make sure to select to COM port for the USB to serial adapter. You aslo need to check the box next to external wideband in the logging directory on the screen.

I've done all this though and am still unable to log my LC-1 Waiting to hear from evo4mad to help me out.
You can connect one of the LC-1 analog outs to the ECU, log LC-1 AFR via the ECU and never have to screw with hooking up a serial cable again.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mrfred
You can connect one of the LC-1 analog outs to the ECU, log LC-1 AFR via the ECU and never have to screw with hooking up a serial cable again.
I was just reading through your how-to on hooking it up that way but, I wanted to also use the LC-1 to replace the front O2 sensor signal to change the switch over point from 14.7 to 15.xxx for better fuel economy.

Can I use your ROM patch for this as well? I assume no since your patch modifies the ROM with a rear O2 sensor simulator. Since I would want to replace the front O2 sensor with the LC-1 and use that as a simulator wouldn't I only get volt readings through logging since that is how it is logged currently?

I would also like to run it through Mitsulogger if possible rather than EVOScan. I've had nothing but problems with EVOScan for some odd reason where as Mitsulogger has worked flawlessly.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 02:33 PM
EvoM Guru

I was just reading through your how-to on hooking it up that way but, I wanted to also use the LC-1 to replace the front O2 sensor signal to change the switch over point from 14.7 to 15.xxx for better fuel economy.

Can I use your ROM patch for this as well? I assume no since your patch modifies the ROM with a rear O2 sensor simulator. Since I would want to replace the front O2 sensor with the LC-1 and use that as a simulator wouldn't I only get volt readings through logging since that is how it is logged currently?

I would also like to run it through Mitsulogger if possible rather than EVOScan. I've had nothing but problems with EVOScan for some odd reason where as Mitsulogger has worked flawlessly.
I've written a patch to allow a wideband to replace both the front O2 sensor signal and the rear O2 sensor signal. A description of the patch is here:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=360398

I've done some more tweaking of the patch recently and further improved the performance of the closed loop fuel control. I am in the process of making a few more changes to the patch to keep it easy to enable/disable. Once that's done, I will probably port it to other ROMs.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 04:02 PM
Evolved Member

Your patch can only be used with EVOScan correct? No Mitsulogger love?
Old Sep 10, 2008, 04:27 PM
EvoM Guru

Your patch can only be used with EVOScan correct? No Mitsulogger love?
It will work with Mitsulogger too. Mitsulogger has all the same logging capability as EvoScan.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 07:00 PM
Evolved Member

No .XML mods are needed to EVOScan or Mitsulogger than just the formula tweak?
Old Sep 12, 2008, 11:28 AM
Evolved Member

I recently switched to EVOScan from Mitsulogger for the 3 bar map logging but, I'm trying to get EVOScan to log my LC-1.

For some reason the wideband request channel is only showing figures between 3.xxx to 5.xxx? It almost seems like it is reading in volts? I was able to confirm correct function via Logworks so I'm pretty certain its EVOScan.

I had doubled checked the fuel type as gasoline and even recalibrated it but, got nothing?

Suggestions?
i have the same exact problem as the original post. i read through this thread and tried out everything. it is still reading between 3 and 5?????????????????????????
Old Sep 12, 2008, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Cool, at least I'm not the only one having issues with it. I have been IM Hamish about this but, am waiting on answers from him.

I even tried deleting the original downloaded EVOScan and downloaded again but, still same problem? I've been using Mistulogger lately to get the LC-1 values but, want to be able to use EVOScan.

Its frustating waiting for help :-(
Old Sep 12, 2008, 08:59 PM
Evolved Member

All three of us in the same boat.
Old Sep 13, 2008, 11:35 AM
Evolved Member

evo4mad (Hamish - creator of EVOScan) helped me out with my problem last night. Connect the LC-1 to your computer and run the LM Programmer in LogWorks. All you need to do is switch the setting from custom to Gasoline. Thats it. I'll post a screen shot in later this afternoon.

By the way, Hamish kicks ***!!! He took the time to log onto my computer via TeamViewer and went through my problem and found it!!! And he lives in New Zealand, I'm just north of Philadelphia and we were both wireless!!! Plus I am running this all through Parallels via my MAC!!!! This stuff is amazing.

FYI - He's got a updated version of EVOScan about to hit that will make all of us LC-1 owners very happy (along with a few other wideband manufacturers).
Old Sep 14, 2008, 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

i have checked mine before and it is selected for gasoline so i am not sure whats wrong with mine
Old Sep 15, 2008, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

I find weird that there have been so many LC-1 logging issues...I helped Hamish test his very first bit of LC-1 code and it has worked ever since for me.

I have also re-installed Windows multiple times since then so it is not an older version of EvoScan. I've upgraded each time.
Old Sep 15, 2008, 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

its been weeks now and i feel i need some help from somebody very informative. any guru's want to help me out? or anybody know a particular evoM user that i could pm?

Quick Reply: Logging LC-1 with EVOScan? - help