Notices
ECU Flash

Links to jcsbanks' Speed Density patches

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2009, 08:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have a MAT sensor already installed, if you want me to test it.

I'm assuming we have the option of using the fuel temp sensor patch or using the MAF IAT pin?
Old Jun 1, 2009, 09:21 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by l2r99gst
I have a MAT sensor already installed, if you want me to test it.

I'm assuming we have the option of using the fuel temp sensor patch or using the MAF IAT pin?
Yep, it can work either way. PM me with your email when you get a chance, and I'll send over what you need. Do you want a patched 96530706, or would you like just a basic patched ROM to copy tables to your ROM?
Old Jun 1, 2009, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

May as well go with 96530706. Once I get this tested and working, I will go ahead and work with John to get the info I need to port over the DMA/livemapping.

I think I have your email. I will send you an email from my address where you can send me the info.

Eric
Old Jun 1, 2009, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
May as well go with 96530706.
Eric
What car is that ROM out of?

Seems like 96530006 or 96260009 was going to potentially become the "EVO 8 Universal ECU."
Old Jun 1, 2009, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

That's tephra's nomenclature for v7 of 96530006.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 01:21 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question

Hi!

Alright, I just ported the tables over to my current rom. I should be loading it right after work and see how the car behaves on my way back home.

A few questions for those that already tested this...

1. Any hints or pointers to ease the tuning/calibration portion?
2. I would assume that the table to tweak is the one in the left (picture): The Calibration One. Right?
3. What will be the goal of the tune portion? To match the load listed on the right column to the reading you got from the MAP. So, if you are at cruise @ 2000 RPMs and you are recording 50 load and 60 kPa. Then you should try to match that on the calibration table?

Thanks in advanced!
Old Jun 1, 2009, 01:49 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by joedr
Hi!

Alright, I just ported the tables over to my current rom. I should be loading it right after work and see how the car behaves on my way back home.

A few questions for those that already tested this...

1. Any hints or pointers to ease the tuning/calibration portion?
2. I would assume that the table to tweak is the one in the left (picture): The Calibration One. Right?
3. What will be the goal of the tune portion? To match the load listed on the right column to the reading you got from the MAP. So, if you are at cruise @ 2000 RPMs and you are recording 50 load and 60 kPa. Then you should try to match that on the calibration table?

Thanks in advanced!
Your comment on tuning is correct: Tune VE tables so that SD load matches MAF load.

Did you get that baro table to show correctly? Is should initially show a very large number before you paste in the correct value of 1.01 bar. If it does not show up correctly, then I suspect that you are missing the baro16 scaling. You can get it from the 94170015 SD patch xml.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 02:48 PM
EvoM Moderator

I got it to work on an XML that I titled mrfred tables. I think that I stole those tables on a thread you opened a while back.

I will try to tune/calibrate it in a little bit. I will post my findings!

Is there a specific thread to post results?

Thanks a lot!
Old Jun 1, 2009, 04:10 PM
EvoM Moderator

Question

I loaded the patched and the car fired up w/o any major issues. Even idled better than with the MAF.

I did a cruise log from work to here and was wondering if anyone can take a look a suggest adjustments. BTW, the car is idling very rich... in the 11s. I am running Open Loop to make sure the ECU is not trying to correct anything.

Here is the link of the log: http://joedr.dyndns.org/EvoScanDataL...1_18.14.47.zip

mrfred,

What do I need to log to create the correlation between MAF and MAP values. I understand that we need to obviously monitor the MAP value, the translated Load and MAF. Just do not know how to load them three at the same time.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

I loaded the patched and the car fired up w/o any major issues. Even idled better than with the MAF.

I did a cruise log from work to here and was wondering if anyone can take a look a suggest adjustments. BTW, the car is idling very rich... in the 11s. I am running Open Loop to make sure the ECU is not trying to correct anything.

Here is the link of the log: http://joedr.dyndns.org/EvoScanDataL...1_18.14.47.zip

mrfred,

What do I need to log to create the correlation between MAF and MAP values. I understand that we need to obviously monitor the MAP value, the translated Load and MAF. Just do not know how to load them three at the same time.
What i had to do was leave the RPM VE settings pretty much alone and adjust my MAP VE table to compensate. If i lowered the VE too much in the RPM table if i stepped on it then it would go lean. My guess is because its a multiplier to the load the higher the load value gets the more effectively the low VE value squashes the load value making the car go lean.

By keeping the VE table nearly the same as bank's original and adjusting the map table I was able to get rid of all my weird spots in driving the car.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
May as well go with 96530706. Once I get this tested and working, I will go ahead and work with John to get the info I need to port over the DMA/livemapping.
Eric, just FYI: I almost have the DMA/live-mapping stuff ported to 96530706, just need to check a couple of additional things and test it on my car.

The live map XML will need to change to accommodate the change of addresses for the alt maps (38B00 is now 37B00), and we no longer have low-octane maps to mess around with (although I don't think that was ever exposed in John's application anyway), but overall it's a pretty straightforward set of changes.

I'll hopefully have something worth posting this afternoon or tonight. If you're in a hurry, let me know, and I can email you what I currently have.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 10:36 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by logic
Eric, just FYI: I almost have the DMA/live-mapping stuff ported to 96530706, just need to check a couple of additional things and test it on my car.

The live map XML will need to change to accommodate the change of addresses for the alt maps (38B00 is now 37B00), and we no longer have low-octane maps to mess around with (although I don't think that was ever exposed in John's application anyway), but overall it's a pretty straightforward set of changes.

I'll hopefully have something worth posting this afternoon or tonight. If you're in a hurry, let me know, and I can email you what I currently have.
I'd like to see that ROM so I can be sure that my fuel temp ADC stuff doesn't overlap with any space used by the live mapping/dma code.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Basically, the code copies 0x800 bytes from 37b00 (this could probably be made smaller now, since we don't have low-octane maps anymore) to RAM at ffffa000. I don't believe it's doing anything else in RAM, other than what the client app instructs.

As for ROM space: all code additions currently live between 3ec00 and 3ef41; otherwise, it's generally just patches to tephra's or OEM code. I'm trying to copy it straight across from his build on 96530006 (with fixups based on new locations in tephra's code), rather than reassembling it from the source he posted, because...well, I'm lazy.

Is that enough information to help?
Old Jun 2, 2009, 11:24 AM
EvoM Moderator

Question

Originally Posted by RoadSpike
What i had to do was leave the RPM VE settings pretty much alone and adjust my MAP VE table to compensate. If i lowered the VE too much in the RPM table if i stepped on it then it would go lean. My guess is because its a multiplier to the load the higher the load value gets the more effectively the low VE value squashes the load value making the car go lean.

By keeping the VE table nearly the same as bank's original and adjusting the map table I was able to get rid of all my weird spots in driving the car.
Hi!

Thanks for the input! How do you adjust/compare the VE?

Do you calculate Load using the MAF reading and adjust the VE accordingly on the table based on the MAP value?

I think that I am missing the piece where you adjust the VE value. Just want to find out what is the reference!
Old Jun 2, 2009, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

Hi!

Thanks for the input! How do you adjust/compare the VE?

Do you calculate Load using the MAF reading and adjust the VE accordingly on the table based on the MAP value?

I think that I am missing the piece where you adjust the VE value. Just want to find out what is the reference!
Really since the normal 1:1 ratio didn't work for me I just did a trail and error method until i stumbled onto a kind of mantra. I discovered for my setup that around 120 kpa was around 100 load and from then on up it was a 1:1 load to kpa.

For below those points the kpa to load seemed to curve downward 100 kPa was around 87 load, 60 kPa around 55 load, 40 kpa around 28 load, and so on slipping to 0 by 17 kPa.

I suppose this was more a result of the formula for using a 5 bar map sensor than anything but i'm unsure . In any case once i got my AFR reasonably close to 14.7 I would then adjust the VE to make the final jump to 14.7 AFR, i think i ended up with 85-88% at idle.

Quick Reply: Links to jcsbanks' Speed Density patches