Notices
ECU Flash

Speed density users, accel enrichment tip

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2009, 04:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dug it out via deduction and from the hex codes in the rom.

If a guru would verify these addresses i'd be happy .

Note: With Asynch_Accel_vsRPM it looks like there are 15 elements instead of 10 like the definitions began with perhaps typo?

<table name="Accel Enrich Base vs Engine Temp" category="Fuel" address="3856" type="2D" level="2" scaling="uint8">
<table name="Engine Temp" address="67a2" type="X Axis" elements="8" scaling="Temp"/>
</table>

<table name="Asynch_Acell_Enrichment" category="Fuel" address="1654" type="2D" level="1" scaling="uint16">
<table name="X" type="Static Y Axis" elements="5">
<data>pause_period</data>
<data>min_TPSdelta</data>
<data>Max_pulsewidth</data>
<data>idle_TPSRange</data>
<data>after_engine_start_addition</data>
</table>
</table>

<table name="Asynch_VS_TPSDELTA" category="Fuel" address="38a2" type="2D" level="1" scaling="uint8">
<table name="X" type="Static Y Axis" elements="9">
<data>0</data>
<data>1</data>
<data>2</data>
<data>3</data>
<data>4</data>
<data>5</data>
<data>6</data>
<data>7</data>
<data>8</data>
</table>
</table>

<table name="Asynch_TPS(Rpm) Limit" category="Fuel" address="38b2" type="2D" level="1" scaling="WGDuty">
<table name="X" address="6406" type="Y Axis" elements="10" scaling="RPM"/>
</table>

<table name="Asynch_Accel_vsRPM" category="Fuel" address="38d0" type="2D" level="1" scaling="uint8">
<table name="X" address="6406" type="Y Axis" elements="15" scaling="RPM"/>
</table>
Old May 14, 2009, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

Gave these values a shot but the tip in for me still goes momentarily lean any ideas guys?
Old May 14, 2009, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Give it more. I got to a point where it would go too rich on tip in and then pulled it back. There is quite a wide acceptable range.

Also, sorry to go on about it, but do not use accel enrichment to cover up lean areas of the map, fix them first.
Old May 14, 2009, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jcsbanks
Give it more. I got to a point where it would go too rich on tip in and then pulled it back. There is quite a wide acceptable range.

Also, sorry to go on about it, but do not use accel enrichment to cover up lean areas of the map, fix them first.
Map is actually rich hehe i need to pull back fuel but it still does this lean tip in deal when shifting through gears driving normally not high revving.
Old May 14, 2009, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

If it is a slower throttle movement try bumping up the values more at the beginning of the table. If it is RPM related fiddle with the RPM maps. I haven't done this, let us know how you get on.

Do you feel it jerking when it goes lean?
Old May 14, 2009, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

If it is a slower throttle movement try bumping up the values more at the beginning of the table. If it is RPM related fiddle with the RPM maps. I haven't done this, let us know how you get on.

Do you feel it jerking when it goes lean?
Yeah its definitely lean as hell when it does it seems to be much lower rpm than higher. The car jerks a bit if its really bad.
Old May 14, 2009, 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

I wondered if mine was jerking, but whilst playing with different exhausts to check VE I swapped back to the MAF sensor, and it feels just the same, but with more lift off jerks. However, on the MAF it never seems to go lean on tip in, and the way I have it on SD it still will a little. I've been thinking of playing further with it. Would be interested to see how you get on. Bez Bashni did a description of these tables before, so I would use them as the basis for what to change.
Old May 14, 2009, 03:18 PM
Evolved Member

Asynch_Accel_vsRPM the general enrichment -Limits max total enrichment vs RPM

This one has zero in some of the commonly used daily driver RPM ranges, I think this is the one to change.
Old May 14, 2009, 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

Asynch_Accel_vsRPM the general enrichment -Limits max total enrichment vs RPM

This one has zero in some of the commonly used daily driver RPM ranges, I think this is the one to change.
OK will definitely be trying that
Old May 15, 2009, 02:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did some work on the accel enrichment subroutines today. There are alot of maps tied into it, so it is going to take a bit of time to sort them all out. I do have all of them found and correctly scaled, but their exact fucntion is yet to be found.

But today I found you can log the amount of Enrichment from MUT54. MUT55 looks to be Decel Enleanment. If you log both you can see Accel Enrich added and then watch it decay, then as you are lifting off the throttle you can see MUT55 go up as it does the opposite... leaning out slightly. MUT 56 and 57 look related too, possibly being the delta throttle positive and negative but I have not dug deep enough just yet.
Old May 26, 2009, 07:30 AM
Evolved Member

RoadSpike, any success? All being well my Evo is being sold tomorrow and I've got exhausts and things to change tonight and then cleaning tomorrow so run out of time to test, but I will still be tuning a 2.2/GT42 this summer.
Old May 26, 2009, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

RoadSpike, any success? All being well my Evo is being sold tomorrow and I've got exhausts and things to change tonight and then cleaning tomorrow so run out of time to test, but I will still be tuning a 2.2/GT42 this summer.
Yeah but i think i need to play more with my latency and scaling the car works pretty well for awhile but then the fuel trims kick in and blow it out of the water.
Old May 26, 2009, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

To be honest I was completely happy with mine without adjusting this table, as was a stroker Evo with a GT35R. If I do run into issues I'll try this table and post again if useful.
Old May 26, 2009, 10:15 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
Selling your Evo? Are you moving onto something else?
Old May 26, 2009, 10:19 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mrfred
Selling your Evo? Are you moving onto something else?
i read in another thread he was moving on to a 911T. I has a jealous.

Quick Reply: Speed density users, accel enrichment tip