Notices
ECU Flash

Mitsulogger v2.0 Beta 1a Released

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2009, 08:25 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by fugiwara
I just don't understand how it can work for your vista 64 not mine? we all use the same OS sold by microsoft

I thought it doesn't use .NET program?

The new code doesn't use .NET, this is the last version that is vb.NET
Old May 30, 2009, 08:26 PM
EvoM Guru

is it b/c I extract the files wrong?

here is what I did, I double click the mistulogger app icon and a window pops out ask me to extract it. I extract it to the folder I created under program files x86 and then I double click the mitsulogger icon and the interface pops up
Sounds right, there should be 9 files in the directory its extracted to.
Old May 30, 2009, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MalibuJack
In your case, I don't think the issue is due to a 64bit OS, This version of Mitsulogger was built and tested in Vista x64 and Windows 7 64 bit.
that's what I thought it is built for vista 64 bit, sounds like you don't have a clue either.

I guess I just have to go back to my old laptop w/ xp which the battery only last for less than 30 min
Old May 30, 2009, 08:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MalibuJack
Sounds right, there should be 9 files in the directory its extracted to.
yes there are 9 files in the folder, I just checked, so what is the problem
Old May 30, 2009, 09:00 PM
EvoM Guru

Honestly, your description of the error is just too vague to know for certain. The only thing I can think of is a driver issue (or lack of installed driver) or your missing a component that both Evoscan and Mitsulogger requires that is normally available.

another thought did occur to me. I have only tested Mitsulogger and Vista x64 Ultimate, I didn't try other versions of Vista such as Home, or other lower editions. My laptop did actually come with Vista x64 Home, but I upgraded it to Ultimate, and its currently running Windows 7 Ultimate. There could be a component different between the editions.
Old May 30, 2009, 09:08 PM
Evolved Member

Yes I do have home edition and so are many others, home edition is the most popular edition of vista among laptops

Last edited by fugiwara; May 30, 2009 at 09:15 PM.
Old May 30, 2009, 09:19 PM
Evolved Member

Nice to see you back MJ, hope all is well.
Old May 30, 2009, 09:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Were you able to get the issue with the zeitronix boost logging past 25psi?
Old May 30, 2009, 10:46 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Evoryder
Were you able to get the issue with the zeitronix boost logging past 25psi?
Ya know, I'm not sure if I ever "fixed" it in the code. Won't know for sure until someone tests it.
Old May 30, 2009, 10:52 PM
EvoM Guru

Yes I do have home edition and so are many others, home edition is the most popular edition of vista among laptops
I don't think the edition is the actual problem, or at least not something that couldn't fairly easily be resolved. However until I get some sort of confirmation from other users and the versions they use, then it may just be isolated to your system. If everyone with Home edition has an issue (not just 64 bit home edition) then It is more likely the case.
Old May 31, 2009, 01:11 AM
G20
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I just don't understand how it can work for your vista 64 not mine? we all use the same OS sold by microsoft

I thought it doesn't use .NET program?
you may using the same OS but there're different hardware and software configuration situations between different machines. your not work but many other work implies there's must be some "unknow" issue is on your machine. If you have more useful information then we may help. Is Ecuflash working on your notebook? What is the error message or condition you're getting with EvoScan?

Obviously your computer is not infront of me so I have to play the guessing game based on the information available.
Old May 31, 2009, 04:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by G20
you may using the same OS but there're different hardware and software configuration situations between different machines. your not work but many other work implies there's must be some "unknow" issue is on your machine. If you have more useful information then we may help. Is Ecuflash working on your notebook? What is the error message or condition you're getting with EvoScan?

Obviously your computer is not infront of me so I have to play the guessing game based on the information available.
ecu flash is working perfectly.
For mitsulogger, I get error msg saying "unhandled exception has occur ... " I click on the details and it says microsoft visual basic.

as far as evoscan goes, I can log, but I either not getting enuf rpm foot prints in excel or getting too much rpm foot prints. i spoke to the evoscan guy, he said evoscan might be logging to fast than my ecu? i think my laptop can handle program like evoscan even w/ battery saving mode.

next time I'll try to see if I can save the error msg

Last edited by fugiwara; May 31, 2009 at 04:54 AM.
Old May 31, 2009, 05:27 AM
EvoM Guru

Are you trying to log with a wideband enabled? If you are, did you set the proper com port in the wideband module?

I have gotten no feedback from anyone else whether or not it works at all so I cannot be sure what the issue is yet.

You also did say it was working in Demo mode. In the device dropdown, did you select the proper device (If you have more than one USB device plugged in that does serial communications its possible that the wrong one is selected if there are more than one FTDI based device)

Last edited by MalibuJack; May 31, 2009 at 05:33 AM.
Old May 31, 2009, 06:49 AM
EvoM Guru

24 downloads and only one person with feedback (that its not working right for them) Please let me know if you are having success or problems, and what version of windows your running.
Old May 31, 2009, 06:59 AM
Evolved Member

MJ -- Glad you are recovering from your accident and are back helping the evo community ...Thanks

Quick Reply: Mitsulogger v2.0 Beta 1a Released