Notices
ECU Flash

ecu flashing?.. new to it.. who did it results ?? who did your reflash??

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2009, 09:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ecu flashing?.. new to it.. who did it results ?? who did your reflash??

ecu flashing?.. im new to it.. anyone who did it.. what are your results ?? who did your reflash?? what kind of gaimes can i expect? im running a tbe and the injen i/c pipe intake setup .. any ideas?
Old Jul 8, 2009, 09:46 AM

oh and for people who are going to get mad i did a search and came up with nothing answering my questions..
and even though im new to evos im not new to 4g63s and cars therefor im not posting this in the newbie thread because everyone who answers people there talk to me like im a moron when they dont even know what there talking about.. i guess people who are not smart when it comes to cars go to the newb forums to feel important ..but anyway.. just wanted to get that out there
Old Jul 8, 2009, 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is so much info in this sub-forum that it can seem daunting to even start. I suggest, start slowly and simply.

You will need:
1. Laptop
2. Tactrix cable
3. ECUflach
4. And logging software at some point.

Once you have the laptop and ECU communicating via your Tactrix cable, simply download your present tune and save it in a safe place.

Get familiar with all of the parameters that ECUflash can address. Start by raising (or lowering as I did) the rev limiter. Very easy to do. You can't break anything.

I'd suggest your first 'free' mod be the CEL flash on knock, sometimes called the 'knock light'. Very handy. Not a replacement for a wide-band by any means, but it will allow you to make some adjustments to your tune w/o worry of blowing up your motor.

Next you want to lean how to log your ECU. Adjusting you ECU goes hand in hand with logging your ECU. Make a change. See the result. Repeat. Very simple.

As your comfort level increases and you read, read and read more on this sub-forum, you will naturally figure out where you want to go next and what ECU mods appeal to your specific EVO use and style of driving.

Enjoy!

Old Jul 8, 2009, 10:38 AM
Evolving Member

To find someone to tune I would ask some local evo guys....
Old Jul 8, 2009, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Jim in Tucson
There is so much info in this sub-forum that it can seem daunting to even start. I suggest, start slowly and simply.

You will need:
1. Laptop
2. Tactrix cable
3. ECUflach
4. And logging software at some point.

Once you have the laptop and ECU communicating via your Tactrix cable, simply download your present tune and save it in a safe place.

Get familiar with all of the parameters that ECUflash can address. Start by raising (or lowering as I did) the rev limiter. Very easy to do. You can't break anything.

I'd suggest your first 'free' mod be the CEL flash on knock, sometimes called the 'knock light'. Very handy. Not a replacement for a wide-band by any means, but it will allow you to make some adjustments to your tune w/o worry of blowing up your motor.

Next you want to lean how to log your ECU. Adjusting you ECU goes hand in hand with logging your ECU. Make a change. See the result. Repeat. Very simple.

As your comfort level increases and you read, read and read more on this sub-forum, you will naturally figure out where you want to go next and what ECU mods appeal to your specific EVO use and style of driving.

Enjoy!

This.

I would also add a boost gauge and wideband to that list. I am self tuned at 24psi with BR tbe and BR air filter and am at about 300whp. There is a lot of power hidden in the tune. Do your research, take your time, and ask questions. If you are not that comfortable tuning yourself, there plenty of tuners here that can remote tune, like Mellon, for example.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 02:42 PM

im not going to be tuning myself.. im talking about all the big shops that do it..if theres a difference..
Old Jul 8, 2009, 09:44 PM
Account Disabled

do a search for threads with "mellon" in the title...I found 80 positive results
Old Jul 8, 2009, 10:18 PM
Evolving Member

If you aren't gonna do it yourself then I say Mellon FTW
Old Jul 8, 2009, 10:24 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by johnsonroda27
ecu flashing?.. im new to it.. anyone who did it.. what are your results ?? who did your reflash?? what kind of gaimes can i expect? im running a tbe and the injen i/c pipe intake setup .. any ideas?
Here are about 20 from the last months or so by our company. We have reflashed thousands of Evo's worldwide, continental and non continental USA in person as well when we used to travel.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/se...rchid=11188855

Our reflash options are available here:

http://ttp-engineering.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=38
Old Jul 8, 2009, 10:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Do any of you do the ECU based boost control flash or upgrade with your tunes? Instead of utilizing a MBC, what if we wanted to use an upgraded WGA, 3 port Solenoid, and JDM/Omni Map sensor?

I have read some latest mods include the scripting for that mod. I am going for just that. The OP may be interested as well, for it is one of those power things that are tuned for.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 10:46 PM
Evolving Member

http://www.4wstuning.com his name is tamer. hes awesome dude!!!. check him out. his AIM is tamer@4wstuning.com. shoot him an IM and chat with him.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 07:27 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by draconx
http://www.4wstuning.com his name is tamer. hes awesome dude!!!. check him out. his AIM is tamer@4wstuning.com. shoot him an IM and chat with him.
That is an email address, not an AIM S/N. Good tuner tho.

Search: Threads Started By: TTP Engineering ; Forum: Evo X Dyno Results or Evo Dyno Tuning and Results.

/thread.