Notices
ECU Flash

Can't Edit Boost Error Correction, Boost Adder or Baseline Boost tables?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2009, 09:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't Edit Boost Error Correction, Boost Adder or Baseline Boost tables?

I purchased an evo with a JDM Map sensor that used mrfred's method to control boost.

Purchased EVOscan and downloaded ECUFlash, and changed the xml files accordingly as to mrfred's post re: ecu based direct boost control.

Everything's gold except when I open these three tables. There are null values in them and I can't seem to either increment them or paste values into them.

I've searched for about an hour and can't come up with anything; has anyone else experienced this?

It's got me stumped for sure.

edit: at least when I log the car boost is where I'd like it to be, which is good. I can't understand how the ECU knows how to do that if all of these values are null.

Last edited by wfochris; Dec 22, 2009 at 09:42 AM.
Old Dec 22, 2009, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by wfochris
I purchased an evo with a JDM Map sensor that used mrfred's method to control boost.

Purchased EVOscan and downloaded ECUFlash, and changed the xml files accordingly as to mrfred's post re: ecu based direct boost control.

Everything's gold except when I open these three tables. There are null values in them and I can't seem to either increment them or paste values into them.

I've searched for about an hour and can't come up with anything; has anyone else experienced this?

It's got me stumped for sure.

edit: at least when I log the car boost is where I'd like it to be, which is good. I can't understand how the ECU knows how to do that if all of these values are null.
The likely scenario is your table has a scaling set to it which isn't defined in the xml this would make the table look "empty" with null values. If you right click and edit the table with ecuflash the scaling should come up as blank since its not defined at this point.

You could either edit the xml and find out what scaling your missing or create one if you know which it needs
Old Dec 22, 2009, 10:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I copy/pasted the data into the specific 94170015 rom file instead of the "evo7base" which I had done previously.

Looks to work now - thank you