Notices
ECU Flash

Speed Density 2.0 (3D VE Tables, Baro)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2019, 04:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Still nobody around ?

I cant understand what im missing. I got V7 speed density to work just fine. Ive tried uninstalling Ecuflash and re doing it all but that still didnt work. Really could use some advice. Willing to pay someone for their xml and evoscan folder if no ones willing to just help.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 08:14 AM
Evolved Member

All set people. Just want to thank Biggiesacks for the push in the right direction. You the man Biggiesacks
The following users liked this post:
EvO9 PiPER (Nov 17, 2019)
Old Nov 2, 2019, 05:06 AM
Evolved Member

Anybody have any issues with 9417 not starting up ? I wanted to switch over from 9653 to see if it helped my lean tip issues but can't seem to get it to fire.

Using the 9653 rom car fires up fine.

Only things that are different is that I use the IAT from the MAF as my GM IAT sensor input instead of the fuel temp sensor input. To fix this issue I tried swapping the wires right at the ecu but that didnt help the issue.

Car still fired with the IAT sensors swapped on the 9653 rom.

Immobilizer is disabled.

Any ideas what else would not let car fire ?
Old Nov 2, 2019, 06:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts
Don’t know if it’ll work for you but I tried both roms because of the lean tip in issue on take off and they both did the same. Only way I was able to get it to work better was going full open loop. I said screw it and gave up trying to get rid of the issue. I tried everything that was recommended in the forums. Wonder if it’s a setup issue.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 08:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by Evo8Emperor
Anybody have any issues with 9417 not starting up ? I wanted to switch over from 9653 to see if it helped my lean tip issues but can't seem to get it to fire.

Using the 9653 rom car fires up fine.

Only things that are different is that I use the IAT from the MAF as my GM IAT sensor input instead of the fuel temp sensor input. To fix this issue I tried swapping the wires right at the ecu but that didnt help the issue.

Car still fired with the IAT sensors swapped on the 9653 rom.

Immobilizer is disabled.

Any ideas what else would not let car fire ?
On my vehicle if I try to run the rom with the immobilizer disabled it won’t start either. So I have always enabled the immobilizer.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

So Nor11384 how are you going about keeping the car in open loop all the time ? just putting the open loop load table at 10 ? Does this not throw a code ?

I keep getting a temp not reached for closed loop as it is anyway.

Snail i tried both ways as well. Couldnt get the car to fire either way.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

You can go to the tables all the way at the bottom. Forgot what they’re called. They’re all set to either 0 or 1. One of them says open loop full time or something along those lines. You can also just set the open loop tables to 0 I believe.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 11:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
So Nor11384 how are you going about keeping the car in open loop all the time ? just putting the open loop load table at 10 ? Does this not throw a code ?

I keep getting a temp not reached for closed loop as it is anyway.

Snail i tried both ways as well. Couldnt get the car to fire either way.
I had this issue on a car I tuned recently on a 9653 ROM. I ended up switching the car to a 9417 ROM and the code for temp not reached for closed loop went away.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 09:23 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah but this car does go into closed loop. I get fuel trims etc.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

Anyone have any issues with throwing a code for intake air temp sensor ? All of a sudden i been throwing a code. Checked continuity from ecu to sensor and thats good. Checked for a good ground as well.

Has anyone dealt with a bad GM IAT sensor ? Im curious what the symptoms are. As of right now I was able to get around on the original 2D Speed Density on Tephra V7. Now while i can get the car to idle some what how i want. If i try to drive it its almost like I blew a coupler off. Car will not accelerate no matter how much throttle i give it.

This happens betweem both 2D and 3D roms now. So im curious if my sensor went bad for some reason.

Any electrical gurus in here ? How would i go about testing for a parasitic draw ? Or I think Im having some type of issue. Keep having my tail light fuse burn out. While I know about the block at the drivers foot area i did go through it and soldered the few wires i seen corrosion on but not them all. That was a while back for other reasons though but now maybe im guessing i need to re check them.

Sorry to go off topic ill take it else where or to pm if anyone has any ideas.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 05:55 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 153 Likes on 116 Posts
Anyone have any issues with throwing a code for intake air temp sensor ? All of a sudden i been throwing a code. Checked continuity from ecu to sensor and thats good. Checked for a good ground as well.

Has anyone dealt with a bad GM IAT sensor ? Im curious what the symptoms are. As of right now I was able to get around on the original 2D Speed Density on Tephra V7. Now while i can get the car to idle some what how i want. If i try to drive it its almost like I blew a coupler off. Car will not accelerate no matter how much throttle i give it.

This happens betweem both 2D and 3D roms now. So im curious if my sensor went bad for some reason.

Any electrical gurus in here ? How would i go about testing for a parasitic draw ? Or I think Im having some type of issue. Keep having my tail light fuse burn out. While I know about the block at the drivers foot area i did go through it and soldered the few wires i seen corrosion on but not them all. That was a while back for other reasons though but now maybe im guessing i need to re check them.

Sorry to go off topic ill take it else where or to pm if anyone has any ideas.
Check the resistance with an ohmmeter while heating the sensor in a water bath with a thermometer.
Here is the resistance at different temperatures. Yours must match. If not it is bad.

Old Nov 12, 2019, 06:05 PM
Evolved Member

OK. Cool. Ty. cdrinkh20
Old Nov 17, 2019, 02:37 PM
ZZA

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi, I'm converting my 9653 based SD 1.0 rom to SD 2.0, 2.3L stroker motor using Omni 4 bar and GM IAT. Do I leave the KPA to load and map sensor KPA tables stock and use the 3D ve table to tune or do I have to adjust them? And the 3D ve table only effects fueling and timing is that correct? Or can i use that table to modify loads?
Old Mar 9, 2020, 12:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RoadSpike
Man what a pain..

I pm'ed ya for the logs.

I think I'll remove the baro routine for a test as its the newest code its probably the main issue.
hi, would you mind messaging me the logs? Thank you
Old Sep 15, 2020, 06:21 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good day guys,

and SD rom for the 8857 JDM evoIX? or is their another rom which could be used in its place?

Quick Reply: Speed Density 2.0 (3D VE Tables, Baro)