Notices
ECU Flash

Another "Cant log from Lc-1" thread

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2011, 06:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had the same problem as you with evoscan reading a flat 10. I had the wrong item checked off to log. After you set the correct com port, check External wideband and that should log your wideband.
Old May 27, 2011, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ok so I rigged up a connection to my car's plug for the number 8 pin. It is not hooked to my Lc-1's analog 1 output (yellow wire), and I went ahead and grounded the analog ground (green wire)

question is: How do I go about changing the parameters for the ADC? can i access it directly from the sd card folder?

and how do I change the values in logworks to show that 10:1=1v all the way through 15:1=5v?

thanks

EDIT: found out how to add the adc code to the logcfg.txt file, awaiting results. Think i still need to change the Voltage output settings...

Last edited by prowakeskater; May 27, 2011 at 07:31 PM.
Old May 27, 2011, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BigT
I had the same problem as you with evoscan reading a flat 10. I had the wrong item checked off to log. After you set the correct com port, check External wideband and that should log your wideband.
whoa no way

Ill try that too... thanks!
Old May 27, 2011, 07:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BigT
I just realized I had been logging that option, too. Instead of 10 that box always stays 0 :/
Old May 28, 2011, 12:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by prowakeskater
and how do I change the values in logworks to show that 10:1=1v all the way through 15:1=5v?

thanks

EDIT: found out how to add the adc code to the logcfg.txt file, awaiting results. Think i still need to change the Voltage output settings...

You don't use Inno's Logworks to reconfigure - you use their "LM Programmer" utility.

Follow the steps in the manual to get it set up correctly. Don't forget that stupid little terminator plug!

Once you've got it basically working, there is one more vital step - calibrate it properly.

You can reconfigure the LC-1 to always output a fixed voltage irrespective of the sensor reading. Just set it up to be the same voltage across the entire range. Then, run your ADC logging, and check the reading.

You may not read exactly the voltage you've configured... it might be offset a wee bit.

I set up a test of six voltages... 0V, 1V, 2V, 3V, 4V, 5V. On my OP2.0, the log was 0.05V "out" at every point. This was easy to correct for in the formula.

With the revised logging config, I got good, accurate readings... although it wasn't perfectly steady - it jumped about by +/- 0.5V. That's why I was keen to configure a tight range between 10:1 and 15:1 - so the variance was irrelevant.

Rich
Old May 28, 2011, 11:44 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
just a reminder

serial cables are not USB you should never plug or unplug powered devices with serial connections, this can physically damage them

I never turn the key or power the PC before connecting them, accidents are rare but they can happen, I've seen it fry circuits at my work and cut or mess all communications between two electronic devices
Old May 28, 2011, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

hmm, well this is weird.

since I hooked up my analog #1 to pin 8, my lc-1 gauge started showing volts. I pressed the button on the front of the gauge unknowingly, and I think I put in calibration mode.

now the guage is freaking out, displaying nonsense and colors throughout the entire spectrum. ****.