Notices
ECU Flash

New EVODROID7 EvoScan Android GPS/Logger/Reflashing CarPC Touchscreen Review

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2013, 12:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Will this unit be able to autosave once a value is hit? Ie. when knock hits can it automatically save 10 seconds of data leading up to the knock?
Old Apr 4, 2013, 05:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Grimgrak
Will this unit be able to autosave once a value is hit? Ie. when knock hits can it automatically save 10 seconds of data leading up to the knock?
I believe the unit can continuously save the log. It would most likely be in csv format which you can then transfer off the unit onto your comp and analyse the log in excel.
Old Apr 4, 2013, 06:27 PM
chu
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It would be so great if we receive this by April 25th so I can use it on track on the 26th! LOL
Old Apr 5, 2013, 12:08 AM
Silver Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Grimgrak
the \SavedDataSettings\*.csv logs will always be saved all of the time. you can graph it later.

I just had an idea... what if I added an "upload" button in EvoDroid7 (the evodroid7 has wifi) that uploaded all csv logs for that day to a webserver, where you can view directly from the webserver inside EvoScan to review all the logs.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by evoscan
the \SavedDataSettings\*.csv logs will always be saved all of the time. you can graph it later.

I just had an idea... what if I added an "upload" button in EvoDroid7 (the evodroid7 has wifi) that uploaded all csv logs for that day to a webserver, where you can view directly from the webserver inside EvoScan to review all the logs.
That sounds terrific!
Old Apr 5, 2013, 03:32 AM

I'm curious to know if you would be continuously updating the android software even after we've received the unit.

If so, is the software mature enough for you to send out the units. I'm just über eager to get my hands on it after many months of patiently waiting.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 04:39 AM

Hamish - yes the web server sounds like a nice idea however there is a lot of work getting the back end setup and maintaining it -- perhaps you are looking for another revenue stream.

I would suggest integrating one/some of the 3rd party Cloud services such as Dropbox. I know the have API,s for Droid and they give you 2GB free which is plenty of room for some csv log files. Also would be able to use it later when you get flashing working to transfer files to the unit. I am assuming rom editing would still be done in Ecuflash on a PC.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 08:30 PM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by ivan308
Hamish - yes the web server sounds like a nice idea however there is a lot of work getting the back end setup and maintaining it -- perhaps you are looking for another revenue stream.
not really much work. I am a super fast php programmer too, would only take me an hour to set up. I would offer it for free. didn't take me long to set up the web server for the roms and xmls database.

I get really annoyed by companies wanting a monthly fee for server based stuff. no way I would charge for that. it would be locked down to email address and serial, so it would be secure. and you wouldn't have to log in a at all, it would be all automatic.

with my Hostgator hosting account I get unlimited email, unlimited domains, Unlimited Gb and unlimited traffic for $6 a mth. They just have a fair play policy, I'm sure a few csv files wouldn't worry them.

yeah good idea, I could push roms from the PC up to the EvoDroid7 for flashing, so that you can reprogram your car from your Laptop/PC in your lounge, haha.

Last edited by evoscan; Apr 5, 2013 at 08:50 PM.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 08:39 PM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by slix_88
I'm curious to know if you would be continuously updating the android software even after we've received the unit.

If so, is the software mature enough for you to send out the units. I'm just über eager to get my hands on it after many months of patiently waiting.
yes, just like the last EvoScanGPS (windowsCE based) I continued to release over 10 versions for it over the last two years.. I want this new EvoDroid7 android one to catch up to the level of the old one, and surpass it with more and better updates.

Yes it is nearly ready. just working on it today. thanks for patiently waiting.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 12:00 AM
Evolving Member

Hello, will there ever be an Android app for evoscan? I currently have a Nexus 7 that would love to use it together with evoscan.

Maybe you could sell a package with a modified OBD2 Bluetooth adapter for a wireless connection, but hey I'll be happy even with a wired one.

Either way good job
Old Apr 6, 2013, 04:34 AM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by RickU
Maybe you could sell a package with a modified OBD2 Bluetooth adapter for a wireless connection, but hey I'll be happy even with a wired one.
Either way good job
I have done a lot of real world testing with WiFi and BT this year, the fastest is about 10 - 20 samples per second. Just like I expect my Evo to go faster.. I expect my logging to go faster too usb for the win. not to mention you need a usb cable to charge your android anyway. might as well be a combined charger/logger usb cable such as the new EvoDroid7 Openport 1.3DA or OpenPort 3.0DA cable.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by evoscan
yes, just like the last EvoScanGPS (windowsCE based) I continued to release over 10 versions for it over the last two years.. I want this new EvoDroid7 android one to catch up to the level of the old one, and surpass it with more and better updates.

Yes it is nearly ready. just working on it today. thanks for patiently waiting.
Cheers Hamish,

Could we please get another update? I'm like a kid eager to receive my Christmas gift!

Thanks

Simon
Old Apr 7, 2013, 11:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
If this can control boost half as well as the iq i'd be happy camper....
http://forum.aempower.com/forum/inde...c,30196.0.html
Old Apr 8, 2013, 12:57 PM
Silver Sponsor

we can control boost from the ecu maps only via ecuflash, oh do you mean if you are running the EvoLiveMap mod rom? send realtime boost data to the ecu from EvoDroid7? yeah that is a possible update in the future.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 02:20 PM

any idea on ship date?

Quick Reply: New EVODROID7 EvoScan Android GPS/Logger/Reflashing CarPC Touchscreen Review