Notices
ECU Flash

New EVODROID7 EvoScan Android GPS/Logger/Reflashing CarPC Touchscreen Review

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2013, 12:39 PM
Silver Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by shadovarian
I am confused. I want to be able to touch the screen to change music that is my whole issue. Fm transmitters don't work for me. I want to be able to send my music to my bt head unit thatt is mounted in my glove box.
oh, I thought all bluetooth head units where touchscreen, I guess you have an older model. thats easy then.

Just plug in a speaker jack into the EvoDroid7 and play the mp3s from the evodroid7 touchscreen via the speaker jack into the aux in of the headunit in your glove box. Please tell me your headunit has aux in
Old Mar 2, 2013, 05:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I don't know what tablet Hamish is using, but I am in the process of replacing my CarPC with a Nexus 7. You can have FM via a $20 USB stick with RT2832U chip. You just need android SDR software (SDR touch is one example). I already have used it and tested it out and it works great. You can even plug in the car antenna as well. Of course, I am using just the Nexus 7, no other head unit, etc. With my CarPC, I was using a Directed HD1000 HD radio contolled via the PC. With the Nexus 7, the $20 rt2832u works just as good and much less space, wiring, etc.

Also, as another option, if you don't care about data, is to tether your phone and stream something like TuneIn or Pandora. I am opting for the RT2832 USB stick because it's non data based.

I will buy Evoscan for Android once Hamish releases it, but for now, I'm just setting up Torque to log all MUT requests that I want over a bluetooth OBD adapter. I, too, like the wireless. For digital display gauges, it's fine. I agree for logging, it will be too slow. Heck, I even think MUT is too slow and I opt for DMA. But, for digital gauges, bluetooth will be fine.

So, via the tablet, I can have:
-radio (non data based)
-phone connectivity to answer phone calls, etc
-GPS
-Bluetooth MUT logging (via OBD)
-all other bells and whistles that come with a Nexus 7

Last edited by l2r99gst; Mar 2, 2013 at 05:43 PM.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Are the quality of the gps and the 3axis motion sensor enough to avoid buying something else for lap timing track days?
Old Mar 2, 2013, 10:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evoscan
oh, I thought all bluetooth head units where touchscreen, I guess you have an older model. thats easy then.

Just plug in a speaker jack into the EvoDroid7 and play the mp3s from the evodroid7 touchscreen via the speaker jack into the aux in of the headunit in your glove box. Please tell me your headunit has aux in
It uses USB and BT only. Aux is only available on the very low end models of Alpine. I am trying to locate an older one.

Last edited by shadovarian; Mar 3, 2013 at 12:27 PM.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 08:20 PM

Are there any benefits to pre-ordering compared to waiting until the product is fully live? I know some guys on here have been waiting for 6+ months but just considering on recalling my pre-order and waiting for the product to come out...

My pre-order stands at the moment but just curious.
Thanks.

Last edited by BatmanVR4; Mar 4, 2013 at 08:37 PM.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 01:15 PM

2013 GSR Support status? I want to order this in the next couple of days.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 03:15 PM

Given that the current pre-order is for April, can we expect shipments this month for the first couple batches?

Dying for an ETA
Old Mar 5, 2013, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by slix_88
Given that the current pre-order is for April, can we expect shipments this month for the first couple batches?

Dying for an ETA
Hamish said "this month" so I was curious to know if the 2nd pre-order batches are really set for April. Like I said, a lot of guys having been waiting 6+ months...I may rescind my pre-order and just wait till they are actually available. I don't want money tied for that long...
Old Mar 7, 2013, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by BatmanVR4
Are there any benefits to pre-ordering compared to waiting until the product is fully live? I know some guys on here have been waiting for 6+ months but just considering on recalling my pre-order and waiting for the product to come out...

My pre-order stands at the moment but just curious.
Thanks.

I think the whole point of pre ordering is ur helping develop and fund for the creation of a product that would and should be twice as expensive than what I would expect if u don't have cash to have stuck waiting 2-3months than maybe u shouldn't be driving an Evo because I spend twice that much just changing my fluids
Old Mar 7, 2013, 12:57 PM

Once again thank you evoscan for even trying to bring us another product to update our cars and bring use into 2013 I can't wait to mount mine
Old Mar 7, 2013, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Thor_Evo
I think the whole point of pre ordering is ur helping develop and fund for the creation of a product that would and should be twice as expensive than what I would expect if u don't have cash to have stuck waiting 2-3months than maybe u shouldn't be driving an Evo because I spend twice that much just changing my fluids
Wow you're a smart fellow . I was curious if there would be changes in prices once the product is live. Umm...yeah of course the money is funding the project of Hamish building these and nobody even mentioned that.

Plus, its my money and I HAVE EVERY RIGHT to ask questions. Sounds like you're the only one complaining.

BTW, I drive a VR4...so proud you can almost read

Last edited by BatmanVR4; Mar 7, 2013 at 01:46 PM.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 01:42 PM

Hamish -

I can't wait to mount mine .

Once again, thank you evoscan for making this device cross platformed . This will bring huge business to various Mitsubishi / Subaru crowds.

Heck I might order a link for my 2013 WRX also.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 06:12 PM

wheres the like button lmao. suriously. i dont care about waiting for, providing money upfront, or even donating money for something that is going to be worth as much as this new tool will be.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 08:53 PM

Rofl lmao I wish I could be retarded also
Old Mar 7, 2013, 09:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Dont let the cheap *** vr4 owners ruin it for anyone else.

Quick Reply: New EVODROID7 EvoScan Android GPS/Logger/Reflashing CarPC Touchscreen Review