Notices
ECU Flash

New EVODROID7 EvoScan Android GPS/Logger/Reflashing CarPC Touchscreen Review

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2013, 12:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Personally I was hoping to use the evodroid more for replay and setup menus. If anything was out of parameters i'd just want an output to a siren or a led. At 200kmh+ i wouldn't even try to focus onto numbers on a screen even if it was infront of me.
Old May 13, 2013, 08:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Hamish,

How was the progress over the weekend?! I'm so eager to get my hands on the unit!!

As for the flashing side to it, do we need to purchase any optional extra bit or will the cable your supplying be able to reflash the ECU?
Old May 13, 2013, 10:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
And, if it is just software isues, can you ship the rest while you work on a patch?

Thanks...
Old May 15, 2013, 07:54 AM
chu
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by evoscan
UPDATE: the logger is working perfectly.. and the cables assembled. just a few issues with the wideband logger skipping a beat, will fix that up this weekend.. Depending on family duties this weekend, it might even be finished.
Make it happen! I'm dying to have this in hand for my next track day in 3 weeks.
Old May 16, 2013, 08:21 AM
Evolving Member

kinda want this shipped. getting impatient. ordered this back in jan.
Old May 16, 2013, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by johnnnyjeans
kinda want this shipped. getting impatient. ordered this back in jan.
Ordered mine in Dec and ever since it's been promised that month but keeps getting pushed back

Would be nice to have a firm date in place so I don't keep getting my hopes up
Old May 16, 2013, 10:58 AM

great progress this week. although wifie is 9mths pregnant, lots to do around the house this weekend. EvoDroid7 is running really good, but just a couple of disconnect issues in the software, will have that ironed out this weekend.
Hmm. Expect this product to ship in about..... 18 years.
Old May 16, 2013, 12:12 PM
chu
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bellacotim
Hmm. Expect this product to ship in about..... 18 years.
May 9th post.

UPDATE: the logger is working perfectly.. and the cables assembled. just a few issues with the wideband logger skipping a beat, will fix that up this weekend.. Depending on family duties this weekend, it might even be finished.
Old May 16, 2013, 06:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hamish, is a shipping date close?

Thanks...
Old May 18, 2013, 12:05 AM
Silver Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
UPDATE: Software is working awesome. Left it running all night and all day for 24hrs, no glitches. Just have one performance thing to fix with the Zeitronix wideband serial, and adding an auto updates APK to it so that I can fix things promptly in case any reported issues come in from you guys, or to add more support for widebands, etc.
HARDWARE: just waiting on some accessories for the EvoDroid7 - android PC usb cables, since they don't have any in the boxes at the moment. And just noticed I only have 8Gb microsdcards in stock, I'll order some 32Gb ones this week since some people the larger ones.

Its getting exciting now.. really close.
Old May 18, 2013, 01:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds like you could send me out a cable? lol
Old May 18, 2013, 01:33 PM

I know in waiting on this to flash my ecu xD def sounds like they should be shipped out soon tho. Im excited to see the final product.
Old May 18, 2013, 02:25 PM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by dganttjr
I know in waiting on this to flash my ecu xD def sounds like they should be shipped out soon tho. Im excited to see the final product.
only the next version or so, you'll be able to flash your ecu with EvoDroid7. Similar version pathway to what the last 4.3inch EvoScanGPSNav had.
Old May 18, 2013, 02:26 PM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by GregM
Sounds like you could send me out a cable? lol
lol, sounds like you are keen for an EvoDroid7+cable Android for your windscreen
Old May 18, 2013, 02:33 PM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by Grimgrak
If any readings were out of normal range i'd just want an output to a siren. At 200kmh+ i wouldn't even try to focus onto numbers on a screen even if it was in front of me.
Yeah you are right, I never had time to look at it on the back straight neither... I do like the EvoDroid7 Peak hold feature, especially on "speed" because on the front straight I had time to see what my highest top speed was, to see if I was slower or faster. And clicking on the speed number resets the Peak value, ready for the next lap.

As for "siren", in EvoDroid7 they are called "alarms" you set your min or max value for each logged item, and it will use the EvoDroid7 built in speaker to output any .wav file you have loaded onto the sdcard as an alarm or warning sound. I use this for water temperatures and knocksum. I have others set up like oil pressure, but I've never had a problem with oil pressure, so I don't hear that alarm. Be careful what you select as the alarm sound, because when you have a helmet on and high rpm, some of my alarms sounded like a 'knocking diff' sound, I thought something was loose like a rear diff or wheel nut, but it was just my knock sum alarm. haha. I'm not sure what is worse.

Quick Reply: New EVODROID7 EvoScan Android GPS/Logger/Reflashing CarPC Touchscreen Review