Notices
ECU Flash

Injector scaling vs actual afr in close loop? Also does ve change closed loop fueling

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by 211ratsbud
If you just log ve and kpa can you not just enter the ve by what it read at that kpa?

I still don't comprehend how to get around the difference in load to kpa on a maf to sd rom. My load reads higher on sd per boost level than on maf.

So are we using the right kpa formula then 10isace?

Ya know I looked at your handle for a while and said ten-ac-ious
Ten is ace. Comprehension > me
I thought so, but I then took a huge file and tried to get an average at a particular kpa. For instance, say at 40 kpa at 2250 RPM I would have an average of 97% VE. But I had some very large VE % in there that didn't make sense and it looked like decel was causing high numbers. So I took out decel rows and I came up with 76% VE. Big difference.

I'm going to see what Jamie suggests. I think I will go through that log and eliminate all decel rows and set it up so evoscan can read them in the Map Tracer. That would be minutes compared to hours.

I'm using x*1.63345239 now. I felt my kpa #'s were slightly off when I was using 2D Rom with the 1.6667 formula.

That's a great interpretation of my handle. I'm a tennis pro/personal trainer. I teach/coach/play for a living, but I'm getting older and possibly going to let that dream come to it's conclusion. It's actually "Tennis Ace".

I may have to come up with a new handle when I get my new venture up and running.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:49 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
Lol!
ddd2ner?

Hrm, was that formula written somewhere else to be correct? Jamie took his post down an I was anxious to see what the approved calc was

I just make sure I'm logging while always increasing throttle position . Usually have a hot key to start logging .

And load the car up with brake and or gear

Last edited by 211Ratsbud; Feb 12, 2013 at 08:52 AM.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

Lol!
ddd2ner?

Hrm, was that formula written somewhere else to be correct? Jamie took his post down an I was anxious to see what the approved calc was

I just make sure I'm logging while always increasing throttle position . Usually have a hot key to start logging .

And load the car up with brake and or gear
Jamie edited post 80 and corrected the code.

ddd2ner, nice! SD2pt0

I'll have to try that type of logging today. It's a wash either way I think, eliminating decel or your way. Does cruise skew the numbers?

Last edited by 10isace; Feb 12, 2013 at 09:44 AM.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

I think I'm onto what Jamie was talking about. I deleted all my decel rows in Excel. Then I loaded it into EvoScan Map Tracer to get an average of VE. It's pretty SWEET! Minutes versus hours!

You can see there still needs to be some smoothing and common sense, but it's a lot less labor intensive.

Name:  EvoScanSD20VEMap_zpsbe3c3480.png
Views: 0
Size:  128.0 KB
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dynotech Tuning
It took you hours to do that? Send me that datalog and I will take a look the way I generally do it and see if I can show you how to do it in minutes. Use the email in my signature.

-Jamie
Did you get my log? I sent it this morning. Thanks for taking a look!
Old Feb 12, 2013, 01:09 PM
EvoM Guru

is your sampling rate dropping you think from those parameters logged? Ive been trying to cut back on my data logged
Old Feb 12, 2013, 01:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Also, dont start logging until the scaled coolant temp is above 170*F so you know there aren't any fuel compensations happening. There are tons of little things like that I just know about and forget to mention.

Ideally, we need an adjustable "Throttle > than" feature in evoscan. There is a built-in "throttle > 80" feature but that doesn't help with decel filtering.

-Jamie
Old Feb 12, 2013, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

is your sampling rate dropping you think from those parameters logged? Ive been trying to cut back on my data logged
I'm sure of it. One thing that helped me get better resolution is to not to log data to screen. I'll try some logs with the minimum items. I always hate when I log and I forget to log one of the items I want. I want it all!
Old Feb 12, 2013, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dynotech Tuning
Also, dont start logging until the scaled coolant temp is above 170*F so you know there aren't any fuel compensations happening. There are tons of little things like that I just know about and forget to mention.

Ideally, we need an adjustable "Throttle > than" feature in evoscan. There is a built-in "throttle > 80" feature but that doesn't help with decel filtering.

-Jamie
I noticed that. I just realized you're talking about my log. Yeah, it's taking forever to warm up around here. It got up to temp shortly after I started that log.

I'm actually tuning a couple of peoples cars and they keep sending me logs with their cars "warmed up" at 80*F trying to scale LTFT's and WOT. I'm like, "NOOOO!"

Last edited by 10isace; Feb 12, 2013 at 01:35 PM.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 01:25 PM
EvoM Guru

What does your 3dsd fuel map look like ? A direct copy of your maf fuel map?
Old Feb 12, 2013, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

What does your 3dsd fuel map look like ? A direct copy of your maf fuel map?
For now, yes. I haven't even flashed it yet. I'm just trying to get enough MAF data for the 3d table.

My 2d sd rom was very different than my maf fuel table. It was almost a direct AFR target. Huge blocks of 12's at 120 and beyond. I was still getting some lean tip in and some rich conditions at highway cruising right around 0-3psi.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 04:37 PM
Former Sponsor

To properly swap over the MAF tune to the 3D SD tune with the VE logging I have suggested, you need to copy over your injector scaling and latencies, fuel & timing maps, RPM and load axis's on those maps, MAF scaling (if you modified that table). Basically every table you have modified from the stock settings.

Then you ideally want the load-to-KPA and all of those SD tables to be set to 1:1 by making sure the left and right columns have the same values.

-Jamie
Old Feb 12, 2013, 05:48 PM
EvoM Guru

Man people have pointed it out on here before, but I really.. reallly... always find the hard way of doing things.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 12:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am having a little bit of trouble getting the VE logging working. I am using a GM 3 BAR map sensor on my car and have the formula in EVOscan ([LOAD1B]/[GM MAP])*100. The load and GM map both log fine and both are in the logging list above VE but I get "0" in EVOscan. I have also tried using other MAP sensor settings just to see if setting the formula to use the factory map sensor even though it is the wrong scaling as well as adding a space on both sides of the "/" just to see if it works but I still get nothing. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 09:02 PM
Former Sponsor

The "GM MAP" is wrong. There cannot be any spaces in the LogReference ID name. Right-click your GM map parameter and click the edit option. Make sure you use the exact wording under LogReference for that parameter.

-Jamie

Quick Reply: Injector scaling vs actual afr in close loop? Also does ve change closed loop fueling