Notices

read out xxx.srf ?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
read out xxx.srf ?

Hello!

German: Ich habe aus einem EVO 10 mit der Version 1.44.4347 diese Datei ausgelesen.
Leider kann ich sie nicht mit Ecuflash öffnen. Wer kann mir helfen, und wer hat eine definition dafür?

Danke!

Google:
I have read from a EVO 10 with version 1.44.4347 this file.
Unfortunately I can not open it with Ecuflash. Who can help me, and who has a definition for it?

Thank you!
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:16 PM

attachment
Attached Files
File Type: bin
read_image.srf.bin (1.00 MB, 0 views)
Old Sep 3, 2014, 10:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Are you sure that that is a file for the Evo? I say that because it does not look like any other file that i've seen for it
Old Sep 3, 2014, 11:55 PM

Das habe ich aus dem Evo 10 ausgelesen. Das file ist länger als erwartet, ist aber eindeutig ein EVO File.

That's what I read from the Evo 10. The file is longer than expected, but is clearly an EVO file.

hier der Vergleich, oben normales file, unten das beschreibene file.

here the comparison above normal file, below the beschreibene file
Attached Thumbnails read out    xxx.srf ?-evo10.jpg  
Old Sep 4, 2014, 08:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
I looks like ECU flash added a bit to the beginning of the file, since when it read it, it thought it was a unknown rom, 53050005. However, if you remove the extra added, it will get it to the correct length. The files that i uploaded are two things, the XML was a 53050006 changed to open your ROM, I cant guarantee it's correct but it looks like it works. The second is the rom with the beginning removed to attempt to make it work with ECUflash. I can not guarantee it works so use at your own risk

German: Ich sieht aus wie Steuergeräte-Flash hat ein bisschen an den Anfang der Datei , da es , wenn es las, dachte sie , es war ein unbekannter rom , 53050005. Allerdings, wenn Sie entfernen die zusätzliche hinzugefügt wird, wird es auf die richtige Länge zu bekommen. Die Dateien, die ich hochgeladen habe es zwei Dinge , die XML war ein 53050006 geändert, um Ihren ROM zu öffnen, kann ich nicht garantieren, dass es korrekt ist , aber es sieht aus wie es funktioniert. Die zweite ist die ROM mit dem Beginn entfernt , um zu versuchen , um es mit ECUflash arbeiten . Ich kann nicht garantieren, funktioniert es so auf eigenes Risiko
Attached Files
File Type: bin
read_image.srfmod.bin (1.00 MB, 0 views)
Old Sep 4, 2014, 12:32 PM

ECUFlash is supporting a proprietary file format called a Structured ROM File. Sadly, I had to find this on 3rd party forums rather than on Tactrix.com or OpenEcu.org. Here's the word directly from Colby, via RomRaider.com.

Basically, EcuFlash has always supported sparse memory models wherein memory areas are (a) not contiguous and (b) incomplete in that you may not have the data for some areas. Some of the new ECUs I am dealing with have ROM, flash, EEPROM, SEEPROM, RAM, NVRAM, etc. scattered throughout a 4GB address space, and using a raw binary file format alone is really insufficient at representing this (no to mention that there is no file metadata or integrity checking). There will be options to export some or all of the memory as raw binary (.bin), or Intel or Motorola hex formats (.hex,.s19), but going forward I'm going to be using the .srf files to keep everything tidy. ".srf" stands for structured ROM format. It's pretty easy to read this format, but depending how memory is represented in your app, it is a little more complicated to deal with the fact that certain memory areas exist but you don't have data for them. Usually the whole calibration area is available, so this issue doesn't come up so much with map editors.
Supporting link: http://www.romraider.com/forum/viewt...=brz&start=135

You can override it be choosing File > Save As and just using a raw binary format.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 10:36 PM

DANKE
THANK´s
Old Jun 16, 2023, 03:06 AM

Convert .srf Files to .rom

Hi can anyone help me I read my lancer 2.0 2011 ecu but ECU flash output file is in .srf? How can i convert this in rom?
Spoiler

Hi there,

Im a noob tuner, was trying to read my rom on my lancer ex 2011 2.0 NA. but the output file is in .srf , can anyone advise me how to convert it to rom? or anyone can define the file for me? Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: zip
read_image-stock.zip (304.7 KB, 0 views)