Notices
ECU Flash

Stock turbo E85 tune, can someone help out?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2015, 05:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did a BLT on the car awhile ago and found a large leak at the throttle body shaft seals, changed those and the car has run much better since then up until switching injectors and to e85. It definitely wouldn't hurt to do another test though.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 05:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by EvilDSM97
I did a BLT on the car awhile ago and found a large leak at the throttle body shaft seals, changed those and the car has run much better since then up until switching injectors and to e85. It definitely wouldn't hurt to do another test though.
Just changing injectors isn't likely to have introduced a boost leak though. I just looked at the log you sent. If I remember correctly load didn't drop until after you let off the throttle so that wouldn't indicate a boost leak either. Normally with boost leak you would see max TPS reading and then see load drop and then TPS reading drop after the driver realized something was wrong and let off. I am not at my computer now so I guess look again to make sure I didn't look over that. Negative timing really shouldn't be necessary. E85 doesn't like a ton of timing of peak torque but a couple degrees should be safe and then you can start to raise it. I wouldn't think it would cause problems but I guess it could. You're delaying the ignition process a good bit there.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 06:48 PM
Evolving Member

We haven't touched the timing tables as of yet. I'm going to attempt to attach my tune here, if you don't mind having a look at it (or anyone else for that matter) please feel free, I REALLY appreciate it. I can try to upload my WOT logs also but they are pretty vague because the car was breaking up so much and like I mentioned earlier. We tried a few WOT pulls and at 4500 the car felt like it hit fuel cut and as soon as that happened evoscan would stop logging and we would have to reconnect. This TephraMod V4 rom that we are using is basically unaltered other than injector scaling and latency values for my FIC 1100's. That's about as far as we got with it.
Attached Files
File Type: bin

Last edited by EvilDSM97; Oct 11, 2015 at 06:52 PM.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 07:00 PM
Evolving Member

Here's a couple of logs
Attached Files
Old Oct 11, 2015, 07:02 PM
Evolving Member

If Evoscan stopped logging you have something going on. I don't really know what would cause that to happen. I haven't been doing this long so someone with more experience might have encountered this before.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 07:20 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah it's making tuning the car impossible. Very frustrating.
The first thing I thought of was maybe a voltage drop causing the disconnections but the battery voltage in the logs only drops -.1 or .2 before disconnecting.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 04:29 PM
Evolving Member

Changed a loose battery terminal and that seemed to have fixed the disconnection issue.

The fuel cut issue still existed. I think what was happening was the engine bucking from the fuel cut at 5500rpm made the terminal move causing the ecuflash disconnections.

The fuel cut still existed after that. I ended up switching over from the tephra rom back to the stock rom and input my injector scaling and latency. The car still breaks up a bit here and there as it obviously needs to be tuned, but I can now do full 3rd gear WOT logs and no longer lose connection and hit fuel cut. I'm not sure what it was in the TephraMod V7 rom was causing that. Latest log.
Attached Files
Old Oct 12, 2015, 04:36 PM
Evolving Member

Try spark plugs. The car should pull fine at a pretty wide AFR range without having an issue on E85.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 08:05 PM
Evolving Member

Going to check the gap on my plugs tomorrow. I really think you're onto something here because I can't see any other reason why the car would break up as the AF's are.

Also I think I've figured out why my car was fuel cutting on the TephraMod v7 rom.. My Fuel cut load table is set up to cut at 225 load where this was happening. My logs show 270 load at these spots.

I'm learning a lot about ECUflash every day, that's for sure.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
having just tuned my car on e85, i can say i didnt have any break up but at very rich (for e85) afrs the car fell on its face. as i leaned it out it really woke up.

im in rhode island, maybe im close. if i can help some way let me know