Notices
ECU Flash

Guide: How to flash the Airtrek Turbo

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2021, 01:13 AM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Mahwy1441
Will do! Do i need to change anything or just flash it in?
You can just flash that in - its the stock rom but the EGR tables are all zeroed out. Same as disabling EGR but without changing the ECU option bit which gives the error code.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 01:40 AM
Evolving Member

Post Injector settings

So i have been tuning in some new injectors. Im using these 650cc denso injectors from KSM motorsports which are plug and play for the stock Airtrek. Pretty cheap too at $200 AUD

The seller provided latency data but i found that needed some fine tuning (wasnt too far off). Im using Merlin's tuning guide as per the start of this thread for the tuning method.

Here are the settings im currently using.

609cc scaling (Ecuflash)

Injector latency vs voltage

Im getting pretty accurate fuel trims with these settings. Closed loop at idle and cruise is almost spot on. Open loop is running pretty close - around .5 to .75 of an AFR point leaner compared to the ECU fuel map.

The other tables to change all affect your cold and hot start. So far cold start and hot start are fine but...half warm seems to rich so still playing with that.

I wouldnt instal these without being able to confirm the AFR with a wideband but they are working well for my setup.

Hope this is useful! If anyone has any advice for other tables keen to hear it
The following users liked this post:
AllanL (Sep 23, 2021)
Old Aug 10, 2021, 11:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OzAirtrek
So i have been tuning in some new injectors. Im using these 650cc denso injectors from KSM motorsports which are plug and play for the stock Airtrek. Pretty cheap too at $200 AUD

The seller provided latency data but i found that needed some fine tuning (wasnt too far off). Im using Merlin's tuning guide as per the start of this thread for the tuning method.

Here are the settings im currently using.

609cc scaling (Ecuflash)

Injector latency vs voltage

Im getting pretty accurate fuel trims with these settings. Closed loop at idle and cruise is almost spot on. Open loop is running pretty close - around .5 to .75 of an AFR point leaner compared to the ECU fuel map.

The other tables to change all affect your cold and hot start. So far cold start and hot start are fine but...half warm seems to rich so still playing with that.

I wouldnt instal these without being able to confirm the AFR with a wideband but they are working well for my setup.

Hope this is useful! If anyone has any advice for other tables keen to hear it
nice work.. are you using a evo maf or airtrek maf ? Thanks..
Old Aug 10, 2021, 01:53 PM
Evolving Member

Stock MAF
Old Aug 11, 2021, 12:28 AM

You can just flash that in - its the stock rom but the EGR tables are all zeroed out. Same as disabling EGR but without changing the ECU option bit which gives the error code.
Yes i just did that but the cel and p0403 code kept popping up when start the engine. Tried clearing it several times but it came back as soom as is start the engine.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 03:22 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Try EVO GTA Rom. all my Flashed cars runs without p403 code, also on Stock Trek rom.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by nikush
Try EVO GTA Rom. all my Flashed cars runs without p403 code, also on Stock Trek rom.
let me try the gta rom, did you have all the solenoids removed?
Old Aug 12, 2021, 02:27 AM
Evolving Member

Do you have the EGR enabled or disabled? With those roms the EGR bit should be enabled BUT all the tables are zeroed out. To my knowledge if the EGR bit is disabled it will throw a code that can't be permanently turned off.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 08:36 AM

EGR is enable, only EGR Test/Ign. adv. is disable, tested on around 20 cars with install solenoids and removed with no egr code.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 02:09 PM

Stock MAF
how much power can the stock maf be suitable upto? I swaped mine to a evo but i wonder if i would have any benefits.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by aj6828
how much power can the stock maf be suitable upto? I swaped mine to a evo but i wonder if i would have any benefits.
Trek Maf has weak point (PCB), it often fail, Evo maf is much stable, Trek Maf power limit around 550-600 hp, evo Maf limit around 750-800 hp
Old Aug 13, 2021, 07:26 PM

Do you have the EGR enabled or disabled? With those roms the EGR bit should be enabled BUT all the tables are zeroed out. To my knowledge if the EGR bit is disabled it will throw a code that can't be permanently turned off.
tried it both ways (0 and 1) and cleared the code but when i started the engine the cel turns back on and when i scan it shows the same p0403 code. did you guys remove all the egr solenoids in your car? and do i still need to buy and install them since mine are dead when i got the car because that cel is really starting to get on my nerve.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 01:25 AM
Evolving Member

tried it both ways (0 and 1) and cleared the code but when i started the engine the cel turns back on and when i scan it shows the same p0403 code. did you guys remove all the egr solenoids in your car? and do i still need to buy and install them since mine are dead when i got the car because that cel is really starting to get on my nerve.
On my car nothing is removed. I have the code on 1 but all the tables for EGR zeroed
Old Sep 21, 2021, 08:23 PM

On my car nothing is removed. I have the code on 1 but all the tables for EGR zeroed
I bought a new solenoid and installed it, the p0403 code is gone but now it will sometimes throw a p0400 code. Is there any bit i could disable so it wont throw a p0400 code?
Old Sep 21, 2021, 11:22 PM
Evolving Member

I bought a new solenoid and installed it, the p0403 code is gone but now it will sometimes throw a p0400 code. Is there any bit i could disable so it wont throw a p0400 code?
No idea mate sorry. Maybe you should just go back to stock EGR

Quick Reply: Guide: How to flash the Airtrek Turbo