Notices
ECU Flash

Knock sensor threshold

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2006, 05:14 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Knock sensor threshold

Is there a way to find out at what voltage reading the ECU switches to low octane map? The knock sensor is a 5volt correct? Would it be inside the knock filters? I know someone mentioned not to play with those values but maybe the info is in there , Im getting that weird dip in my powerband On the physical Dyno and on the Ecuplus Dyno and my timing is being retarded at around 6100 rpms from 14 to 11 and starts climbing from there again. On My EcuPlus my knock reading doesnt to over 1.3volts and its pretty much consistent from 0.90's-1.3 My cable is on the way and i should be able to analize both maps soon. As of now I only have EcuPlus logs.
Old May 17, 2006, 05:53 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
The filter shows a digital representation of the noise threshold, I don't know that it directly correlates to voltage, at least in the scaling I saw..

The only way to know is to log it somehow, It seems the way the knock sensor works in the ECU is more complex than just a spike threshold, but a trigger of several events (noise spikes, and quantity of them, engine load) to represent a filter value, and there are quite a few filters (presumably to represent different engine loads?)

I would not alter these at all, but if you needed to because of a larger displacement engine, or a resonant noise it picks up, then I would wait until there is more info on how these filters work.
Old May 17, 2006, 06:01 AM
Former Sponsor

There are other 1D data triggers for knock sensor, even other 2D tables for the knock sensor settings. But I am not going to add them because I am still testing all of them, and Second until a individual stop abusing the license agreement of EcuFlash, I will post more new maps. It's not fair for all the hard work of the individuals has put into this software, and the name changes all of a sudden.
Old May 17, 2006, 06:05 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Its a shame.. I'd hate to have my work come to a stop just because these new releases are held up. Hopefully you can get in touch with them (or they with you) and can resolve it.
Old May 17, 2006, 06:06 AM
Evolving Member

That makes a lot of sense, by looking at my logs there isnt really a spike or dip at the time of what looks to be a map switch in the knock sensor voltage. I will definitely stay away from the knock filters until its all completely figured out. I guess my only option for now would be to make both maps as close as possible to avoid the loss of power.

Malibu Thanks again for your detailed explanation.

Last edited by EVOLUTIONIZE; May 17, 2006 at 06:09 AM.