ECUFlash / Evoscan / Mitsulogger Questions

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2007, 03:14 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoDom
how do i reflash the ECU? where do i do it? and how much

message me please
Buy a cable from www.tactrix.com or borrow one. Select a qualified eflash tuner. Submit your modification list, boost level and octane fuel used to said eflash tuner via email. Read and email your existing flash to them and await the return of the modified mapping tailored to your mods. Select the map, upload it to your ECU and you are complete.

http://ttp-engineering.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=38
Old Nov 15, 2007, 11:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Inprogress
In terms of the directory, I just dragged the downloaded folder to my desktop (i'm using a download manager, after files are downloaded i just drag them from the DL Manager and drop them to my desktop) Mitsulogger didn't install anything, I just click the main application icon in the mitsulogger folder and it starts right up...

I can access command prompt as a administrator but it asks for a password and the only password I know of is the one i set to log-in to the computer, nothing else...is there a generic password I can try?

I also don't know what to do once I access command prompt as administrator...I'm sure this is prob more stressful for you now MalibuJack then for me, i really appreciate the help!
bump for an answer...
Old Nov 17, 2007, 05:06 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
bump for an answer...
What your dealing with is a windows problem at this point. I have sucessfully been able to register the OCX by opening the command prompt with administrator rights, navigating into the directory (folder) where the files were extracted, and typing regsvr32 mtssdk.ocx

I just don't have the time to figure out how to automate the process, as depending on how the laptop is configured, I would get the same error you would get, and have to try something else to ultimately get it registered.

as for the administrator password, that is something set when Vista was installed, I did notice that the account was disabled on at least one of my installs, and it prevented me from using the runas command.

I would look for help for this online, search for "registering OCX files in Vista" and you'll get a ton of hits.

Vista is pretty restrictive, and many people don't run it on older laptops that they use for tuning which is why you aren't seeing alot of questions about it. I only recently noticed that under some circumstances there were problems with mitsulogger in vista, unfortunately its related to registering that third party file.

I cannot go and reply with details like this in the numerous similar posts where you ask this question.
Old Nov 17, 2007, 06:15 AM
Evolved Member

Fair enough MalibuJack, I'll see what hits I can find regarding registering the OCX files on google...I really do appreciate the help!
Old Nov 17, 2007, 06:52 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Fair enough MalibuJack, I'll see what hits I can find regarding registering the OCX files on google...I really do appreciate the help!
FWIW, I'm in the middle of setting up to move, sell a house, pack, etc, otherwise I probably would have taken the time to figure this out and document it. If anyone does take the time to document or automate the process, please post it on www.aktivematrix.com and I'll make sure its either stickied or included with the download.
Old Feb 2, 2008, 07:37 AM
Evolved Member

Anyone know where I can download Evoscan .97?
Old Feb 8, 2008, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When logging 2 byte load w/ mitsulogger, do I check "load alt"?
Old Feb 8, 2008, 11:20 PM

Question---> I just got everything up and running as in Mitsulogger and EcuFlash. I have a CEL and i was wondering if anyone knew how to check it through mitsulogger or ecuflash or should i just go to the nearest Autozone and get it checked?
Old Feb 9, 2008, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by 03blkevo
Question---> I just got everything up and running as in Mitsulogger and EcuFlash. I have a CEL and i was wondering if anyone knew how to check it through mitsulogger or ecuflash or should i just go to the nearest Autozone and get it checked?
Download ScanTech. Works great. It is on the same website as mitsulogger.
Old Feb 9, 2008, 10:33 AM

Thanks miss Daisy
Old Feb 9, 2008, 02:13 PM

I downloaded Scan tech and i cant get it to connect to my ecu any insights would be welcome?
Old Feb 9, 2008, 03:59 PM

Then once you install the program, open it up and go to settings. You have to set up your Tactrix cable. If you don't know what port you are one, this is how you find out.

Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager>Com port, and see the COM your cable is connected thru..

Then just put in that com port and it should work. It worked for me on the first try.
Old Feb 9, 2008, 07:18 PM

thanks again miss Daisy! i got it to work finally and i got the dreadful p0300 error and i have been crying eversince! i am now doing research on how to fix that stupid nonsense
Old Feb 10, 2008, 07:45 AM

i can connect the evoscan with ECU but when it logs there no changes in the info just same numbers!

Anybody?

thanx
Old Feb 10, 2008, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by taavisev
i can connect the evoscan with ECU but when it logs there no changes in the info just same numbers!

Anybody?

thanx

Are you logging to the screen? You probably have that off, so you will only see your log when you go under Analysis and look at it.

Quick Reply: ECUFlash / Evoscan / Mitsulogger Questions