Some basic info:
Location - Hong Kong
Year - 2007
Make - Mitsubishi
Model - Lancer Evolution IX
Trim - RS 5spd
ECU part number - 1860A603
Internal ID - 88580014

I believe it is the same as Australian market one.

I have both 1.30 and 1.32, on 1.30 after inherit 8859 or 8884 units, I can read them although some tables are messed up (for example, if I use 8859, VVT map and knock sensor map will be screwed, if I use 8884, VVT map is ok but knock sensor map is screwed)

I would need a new XML file?
Old Sep 11, 2007, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You can change the addresses that ECUflash uses for the maps, so you should be OK for most maps. Try noting down the locations of the maps that are good in one def file and using that in another that has a problem.

Don't worry about the knock sensor maps being unreadable, as you really don't want to mess with those anyway.

Be advised that you can find an address that seems to give you a correct looking map, but is in fact the wrong location, this is most likely on small or 1D maps. With the fuel ignition and the larger boost maps it's pretty easy to see if theres a problem and not screw something up.

MB
Old Sep 11, 2007, 09:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So the possibilities can be:

- The map is correct
- The map is completely off
- The map is overlapped partially
- The map looks correct but infact it is from different address (mostly for single column ones)

So would it be ok if I just change the maps that looks ok and suppose to be ok (checked by some ppl etc) and don't tamper with the screwed up ones, the car will run fine?

If there are maps that I need to change in order to really tune the car but not accessible due to the difference between the stock ECU map and templated XML file from ECUFlash, that means only way I can do a flash is either to wait until I can retrieve an XML that fits my ECU or by standalone ECUs?

Thanks.
Old Sep 11, 2007, 11:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If the maps are viewing Ok, and you'd be able to tell that by looking at the lager maps, you can modify those maps and reflash the car.

The flash only affects the areas you change, those you don't change are not affected by the fact you can't view them properly in ECUflash. There is a huge amount of code and maps that you can't see in ECUflash unless you write additional information in to the xml which allows you to view it in ECUflash.

It might help if you post up the ROM and the xml you use so people here can see it and give you better advice.

MB
Old Oct 21, 2007, 06:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey folks,

I have the same ID 88580014 and ecutek fails when I try to read my rom properly. I can save it but no luck in reading it properly. any advice?

4trouble, any luck, bro? thanks