Notices
ECU Flash

Lean Spool Trailing Time

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2008, 10:25 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lean Spool Trailing Time

Could someone tell me what the values in Lean Spool Trailing Time (Lean Site) and Lean Spool Trailing Time (Rich Side) do? I'm guessing that they effect how quickly the AFR is reduced over time (or un-leaned, if you prefer). I'm curious as to how that works exactly though. Perhaps someone who has looked at the code could explain how the values are used?

(For reference I am using the same table definitions for 94170008 as found in the Evo IX Lean Spool for dummies thread. Look at the bottom of post #1.)

However, if I so a search on "Lean Spool Trailing Time" no posts are found, not even the thread I linked to above. I seem to recall there was another post with better explanation of these tables, but I can't seem to find it. Any help would be appreciated.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 05:12 PM
Evolving Member

Hmm... I'll bump this hoping one of the ECU gurus will notice it.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 06:03 PM
Evolved Member

Its just so you have more control over your afr's @ spool up. Factory you have a start rpm which is 2500 and an end rpm of 4531. Base upon your adjustments in your fuel map @ those rpms it will lean it out around .7-1.0 more than what its says. A easy way to do it is:

First make user your user level is set to developer

1.) Go to "boost enhancement (anti-lag) Stop RPM"

2.) Right click on it and select "edit map"

3.) Change the address to "1284", click apply, then OK

4.) Make both the "boost enhancement (anti-lag) Stop RPM" and the "boost enhancement (anti-lag) Start RPM"
the same to 1500rpm.
5.) Save the ROM file. Flash the ROM and begin tuning your AFR
Old Jan 13, 2008, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bnice01
Its just so you have more control over your afr's @ spool up. Factory you have a start rpm which is 2500 and an end rpm of 4531. Base upon your adjustments in your fuel map @ those rpms it will lean it out around .7-1.0 more than what its says. A easy way to do it is:

4.) Make both the "boost enhancement (anti-lag) Stop RPM" and the "boost enhancement (anti-lag) Start RPM"
the same to 1500rpm.
The end rpm is a AFR value, that is why you change the address to "1284" so you can see the stop rpm value and change it.
Old Jan 14, 2008, 03:29 PM
Evolved Member

O.K. I am delving into the ecuflash world myself... started w/ trying to get lean spool the other way. By adding lean spool enable/disable... Lean spool enable allowed me to change the value to 48, but the value for disable wont let me change it??? I also adjusted the anti lag start/stop to 1284... will this have any negative affect, changing the value as well and adding lean spool?
The lean spool/disable is not highlited... I have to flash back to rom before it will be highlited to use correct?
Old Jan 15, 2008, 09:25 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bnice01

the same to 1500rpm.
Thanks for the response, but that's not what I'm asking. I know how to disable lean spool by setting start and stop RPM to the same value but I was hoping that someone who has looked at the ROM code could explain to me how the values in the Lean Spool Trailing Time tables were actually used. My guess from looking at them is that they're some sort of weight used to determine the lean spool delay, but I don't know it works (and thus what to change if I want a different behavior).
Old Jan 15, 2008, 09:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Found something interesting on "lean spool".

My Lean spool is enabled, I can easily adjust the fuel during this rpm window (yes, 2500 - 4300 rpm) by the value in another BE table - the one with the throttle volts. Convert "volts" to the proper "uint 8" and LS portion of it will display as an AFRMAP type of value.

The first three blocks directly correspond to the AFRMAP the ecu uses for fueling during the lean spool episode as confirmed with logged AFRMAP values I recieved from changes I made. I dont understand the rpm value in this one though, but it appears to be scaled.

But yes, the changes dictate changes in logged AFRMAP upt to about 4300 rpm when the LS stops and the ECU runs mostly off the octane fuel maps
Old Jan 16, 2008, 06:01 AM
Evolved Member

Which B(oost)E(enhancement) table?or is it the open loop throttle hi&low tables with the throttle voltage?
Old Jan 16, 2008, 08:07 AM
Evolving Member

sorry for asking this question - but I seem to be confused a bit:
why there is an accel enrichment and at the same time lean spool - are we enrichening the mixture while accelerating or are we making it leaner for better spool?
Old Jan 18, 2008, 04:48 AM
Evolved Member

Accel enrichment too is still unknown, all I can say about it is that it works like a timescale with injector duty response, at least with results I had. The BE start and stop just locks out the AFRMAP to a value before reaching the stop rpm - to lean the the mix while turbo spools to make more horsepower. I have found the the BE antilag table has a direct effect on what AFRMAP values are used during the LS episode. My guess is that the rpm in this table (1D BE antilag table) is for ms and the throttle voltage is actually the AFRMAP value plugged into to the LS.
Old Jan 18, 2008, 05:49 AM
Evolved Member

(1D BE antilag table) I found the voltage table address (39b6) do you have the address for the rpmstatlimit?
Old Jan 28, 2008, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

I meant to say "2D"

Old Jan 29, 2008, 05:32 AM
Evolved Member

I guess 6654 does not work for ROM id 008
Old Jan 29, 2008, 07:04 AM
Evolved Member

Try 6870