ECU Flash

LM1 vs LC1

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2008, 03:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LM1 vs LC1

What are the differences between the 2?

From my understanding:
1) LM1 comes with display and LC1 doesn't?
2) LC1 needs to be wired into the car to work and LM1 doesn't?

Can both be plugged into a laptop for logging with Evoscan? Can someone explain to me how both the LC1 and LM1 will be connected to the laptop if I want to log with Evoscan? I would think for LM1: Sensor -> LM1 unit -> laptop via serial? What about for LC1? And do they come with USB?

Basically I just want a wideband that's simple to use and simple to install and doesn't require wiring into the car's electronics.

Thank you very much
Old Feb 19, 2008, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

None of the widebands require hardcore wiring into, i mean aside from power+ground. the LC-1 plugs into the laptop via serial and yeah you can make the LM-1 portable so it's not in all the time.

I suggest looking into the AEM, it's the one I have now and i love it. plug and play, aside from the fact that you have to make a serial cable, which I mgiht add is extremely easy and the Ecuflash subforum has instructions on how to do it too!
Old Feb 19, 2008, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

If its a permanent install get he LC1. If you want to tune other cars and remove from yours get the LM1.

Neither come with a usb. They all come with a serial port. Just get a serial to usb and your good to go
Old Feb 19, 2008, 04:56 PM
Evolved Member

Right on! ^^^^
Old Feb 20, 2008, 01:06 PM

Unfortunately I can't seem to find any other widebands for sale except for innovate in my country. Looks like I will get an LM1 for portability. LM1 Definitely no need to wire into car right?? Sensor & 12V ciggy lead -> LM1 -> laptop... that's it? and is the cable from sensor to LM1 unit long enough to go into my car via passenger side window?
Old Feb 20, 2008, 01:14 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yep, I ran a LM-1 in my Stealth and my EVO until it was stolen.

Screw the wb02 sensor into the down pipe bung, run the cable in through a grommet under the seat area and into the controller box with LCD screen. Then run the supplied cable from the LM-1 to the laptop, it's serial so you may need the serial to usb converter for your laptop. ECUflash and Evoscan/Mitsulogger will need to be told which WB02 you have and what com port it's using and you should be golden.

I now have the LC-1 in the EVO and a gauge so I don't have a big box sliding around the passenger seat and attracting thieves to bust my window out again.
Old Feb 21, 2008, 06:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mellon
yep, I ran a LM-1 in my Stealth and my EVO until it was stolen.

Screw the wb02 sensor into the down pipe bung, run the cable in through a grommet under the seat area and into the controller box with LCD screen. Then run the supplied cable from the LM-1 to the laptop, it's serial so you may need the serial to usb converter for your laptop. ECUflash and Evoscan/Mitsulogger will need to be told which WB02 you have and what com port it's using and you should be golden.

I now have the LC-1 in the EVO and a gauge so I don't have a big box sliding around the passenger seat and attracting thieves to bust my window out again.

Yeah, I have the LC-1 for my car, perminent install.

The LM-1 I have is for tuning other people's cars. God Awful annoying sphagetti mess of wires. Blah.

I need to invent Bluetooth tuning. How pimp would that be?
Old Feb 21, 2008, 06:09 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by tkklemann
Yeah, I have the LC-1 for my car, perminent install.

The LM-1 I have is for tuning other people's cars. God Awful annoying sphagetti mess of wires. Blah.

I need to invent Bluetooth tuning. How pimp would that be?
yep, wireless would be sweet hehe
Old Feb 21, 2008, 02:25 PM
Evolved Member

Already invented... PLX M500 has wireless, but is not supported with evoscan. I have the AEM and other than the lamda selector switch on the back moving between AFR and LAMDA once I've had no problems.

Next time I'm getting an LC1
Old Feb 21, 2008, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

I'll be getting the LC-1 once I get back to my car. I'm currently stationed in Atlanta for a temporary duty assignment and drive around in a rental for the next 15 months. Man, I miss my Evo.