Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wheatley
MAP has them for 125 shipped.
Thanks man
Old Aug 10, 2009, 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

Just got a P0121 code. Is there any word on the proper settings for the Omni 4 bar? MrFred?
Old Aug 10, 2009, 01:59 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by D-VO
Just got a P0121 code. Is there any word on the proper settings for the Omni 4 bar? MrFred?
Lots of people have been asking, and this is a good choice of sensor, so later this afternoon I'll have it for you.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

Awesome!! I kinda feel bad now, I know you're busy. Thanks a lot for your help!
Old Aug 10, 2009, 06:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Use the 3 bar seetings found in the JDM map sensor thread for Ecuflash, then just change the formula in Evoscan to 0.238683*x-14.7. Also, change 14.7 to represent your altitude based on the chart in the JDM 3 bar thread. Then it should work perfectly. If it reads 37.xx all the time, then you have one of the sensors with the incorrect pinouts (like mine was), so you have to switch the two outside wires around on your plug.

If you have a IX, you also have to scale the MAP sensor, and the settings can be found in the Omni 4 Bar thread by John Bradley (below). If you have an VIII you don't have to worry about this.

Omni 4 bar thread: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...-settings.html

JDM 3 Bar thread: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...tructions.html
Old Aug 10, 2009, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the help dsevo! I'll confirm tomorrow.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 01:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by D-VO
Thanks for the help dsevo! I'll confirm tomorrow.
Hope this helped. Good luck
Old Aug 11, 2009, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MAP has them for 125 shipped.
Just ordered one over the phone! Hopefully I get it before the weekend and can finally up my boost and implement ECU controlled boost.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 03:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dsevo
Hope this helped. Good luck
OK. The throttle response is back, but I still get that lean spike when pulling back on the throttle while boosting. Does anyone have any more info on this issue? Thanks
Old Aug 12, 2009, 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

Here's a log to better explain what I'm seeing:
Attached Files
File Type: zip
Omni logs.zip (29.0 KB, 0 views)
Old Aug 12, 2009, 01:04 PM
Evolved Member

I took at look at your logs.... everything seems nominal. I was most interested to see if there was any knock registered, but nothing. Hopefully someone can come up with a suitable explanation, but otherwise I wouldn't be too concerned about it. Is the behavior consistent?
Old Aug 12, 2009, 05:48 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by dsevo
Use the 3 bar seetings found in the JDM map sensor thread for Ecuflash, then just change the formula in Evoscan to 0.238683*x-14.7. Also, change 14.7 to represent your altitude based on the chart in the JDM 3 bar thread. Then it should work perfectly. If it reads 37.xx all the time, then you have one of the sensors with the incorrect pinouts (like mine was), so you have to switch the two outside wires around on your plug.

If you have a IX, you also have to scale the MAP sensor, and the settings can be found in the Omni 4 Bar thread by John Bradley (below). If you have an VIII you don't have to worry about this.

Omni 4 bar thread: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...-settings.html

JDM 3 Bar thread: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...tructions.html
How do you properly make a function for ecuflash? I have made one for a completely different sensor and it works great in evoscan. However during feedback the ecu is controlling boost around a psi that is slightly less that what I have in ecuflash.
Old Aug 31, 2009, 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

After installing my omni 4bar and making the proper changes to the xml file on evoscan it wont read over 15psi. My mechanical guage is still telling what it always has which is well over 15 but evoscan will not read that high. I am starting to think either my map is bad or they sent me the wrong one. I am also having problems with going very lean once it gets above 15psi no matter how much fuel I add in the maps. What is the proper way to test this with a multimeter? And are there any markings to tell the differnce between a 3bar and a 4bar?
Old Aug 31, 2009, 01:01 PM
Evolved Member

After installing my omni 4bar and making the proper changes to the xml file on evoscan it wont read over 15psi. My mechanical guage is still telling what it always has which is well over 15 but evoscan will not read that high. I am starting to think either my map is bad or they sent me the wrong one. I am also having problems with going very lean once it gets above 15psi no matter how much fuel I add in the maps. What is the proper way to test this with a multimeter? And are there any markings to tell the differnce between a 3bar and a 4bar?
What scaling are you using in EVOscan? As far as the lean condition, are you sure the hose on the fuel pressure regulator is secured? BTW: it should say "4 bar" right on top.

Last edited by D-VO; Aug 31, 2009 at 01:08 PM.
Old Aug 31, 2009, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

I followed all the instructions contained in this thread with my 4-Bar OMNI sensor and have not had any problems. However, due to all the changes required, even the smallest of typos could lead to a situation like this. I would double and triple check all your ROM changes and if you still can't find something, you can always have another set of eyes look over it - like posting them up here.

Out of curiosity, where did you purchase the MAP sensor from?

Quick Reply: Omni 4bar map sensor Plug and Play