Notices
ECU Flash

Virtual Dyno Room-Dyno Simulator

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2009, 05:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mrfred
Jamie, the weight adjustment does not seem to be having an effect of the whp and wtq numbers.
Only the driver weight makes a difference with the Mustang dyno sim's. The standard weight is used for Mustang simulation is 3400 lbs with a 175lb driver included. If the driver is lighter or heavier it changes but the base vehicle weight is modal. It has to do with the simulated pre-loading of the Eddy Current dyno's and the fact that almost all Mustang dyno shops stick with one vehicle weight for all Evo customers unless extreme weight reduction has been done. If you want to lower it, just lower the passenger weight below 175 lbs. Trust me, it works well enough lol.

I will edit the passenger weight box to allow negative values with the next revision but I really don't think its necessary since I compared a car that weighed 2700 lbs to factory weight cars and had LITTLE difference on the mustang dyno with pre-loading.

Last edited by Jack_of_Trades; Jun 17, 2009 at 07:10 AM.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 07:50 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by Jack_of_Trades
Only the driver weight makes a difference with the Mustang dyno sim's. The standard weight is used for Mustang simulation is 3400 lbs with a 175lb driver included. If the driver is lighter or heavier it changes but the base vehicle weight is modal. It has to do with the simulated pre-loading of the Eddy Current dyno's and the fact that almost all Mustang dyno shops stick with one vehicle weight for all Evo customers unless extreme weight reduction has been done. If you want to lower it, just lower the passenger weight below 175 lbs. Trust me, it works well enough lol.

I will edit the passenger weight box to allow negative values with the next revision but I really don't think its necessary since I compared a car that weighed 2700 lbs to factory weight cars and had LITTLE difference on the mustang dyno with pre-loading.
It doesn't work like that with road dyno data. The weight of the vehicle is required to calculate the correct power levels because it is the vehicle (and not the rollers) that is being accelerated. Doesn't matter if you are attempting to simulate MD numbers.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

Well, so far it seems to work pretty accurately between the MD dyno results and the street results of the same car on the same day that I logged, 3 cars from 3 MD dynos so far have had the same results on the street vs. the MD dyno. *shrug* Trust me, I dont know how it works but so far its the most consistent thing I could get to work thus far for the MD simulations. Once I see more hard data showing differently I will most certainly update the program to reflect it as much as possible.

Bryan @ GSTMotorsports is going to supply us some MD dyno vs. road dyno data soon so we can have more data to compare. The more data we compile, the more we can dial everything in. The more the merrier in this case!

Last edited by Jack_of_Trades; Jun 17, 2009 at 08:58 AM.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
very helpfull
Old Jun 17, 2009, 10:02 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by Jack_of_Trades
Well, so far it seems to work pretty accurately between the MD dyno results and the street results of the same car on the same day that I logged, 3 cars from 3 MD dynos so far have had the same results on the street vs. the MD dyno. *shrug* Trust me, I dont know how it works but so far its the most consistent thing I could get to work thus far for the MD simulations. Once I see more hard data showing differently I will most certainly update the program to reflect it as much as possible.

Bryan @ GSTMotorsports is going to supply us some MD dyno vs. road dyno data soon so we can have more data to compare. The more data we compile, the more we can dial everything in. The more the merrier in this case!
I think its working ok because Evo 8/9s all are within about 100 lbs of each other (except for some prepared cars). Its still not right though. It would be more correct to multiply the road dyno acceleration whp component times the ratio of MD vehicle weight to actual weight. Then add in the drag whp.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 10:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Is there anyway of getting AEM logs to work on this? If so someone tell me how please id like to try it out!
Old Jun 17, 2009, 11:21 AM
Evolved Member

attach a log on here and I'll take a look or email it to me at punkdivo78@hotmail.com
Old Jun 17, 2009, 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mrfred
I think its working ok because Evo 8/9s all are within about 100 lbs of each other (except for some prepared cars). Its still not right though. It would be more correct to multiply the road dyno acceleration whp component times the ratio of MD vehicle weight to actual weight. Then add in the drag whp.
Wanna throw up an example of how I should calculate that?

Bryan also said he would do multiple pulls with a wide range of vehicle weights inputted into the dyno software (as well as the vehicles ACTUAL weight)to see how much the numbers vary. He has said that he's seen little difference with large weight changes entered into the dyno but I'd still like to see the results for my own curiosity.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

Well i manually entered it in from my AEM logs and it worked I just wish there was a way to put the AEM log in a excel file so you didnt have to manually do it as it takes some time! lol. But non the less very nicely done Jack!!
Old Jun 17, 2009, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

Send me a log, I'll see if I can find a way to open it in excel so its easier for you.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 01:01 PM
Evolved Member

Im on it.. you will have it in a few moments
Old Jun 17, 2009, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

Ok i sent it to your email u listed above.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
How does this compare to Data Log Lab's dyno readings?
Old Jun 17, 2009, 01:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Thoe99
How does this compare to Data Log Lab's dyno readings?
When i compared it to my DLLs and had it turned on "Dyno jet" it was very close actually.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 01:58 PM
Evolved Member

Ok, so no dice yet but all you need to transfer over is the RPM value closest to each 250 RPM increment anywhere between 2750-8000 RPM and the recorded time interval for that RPM. Much faster than copying the ENTIRE log over at least lol. I'll try to work on it. Try the AEM forums and ask if there is a way to output your data into an excel "friendly" file.

Quick Reply: Virtual Dyno Room-Dyno Simulator