ECU Flash

new live map app

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2010, 08:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 95630706
Noob ?:

I have my alt maps set up for e85 and my main maps set up for 93.

Do l have to stay with one fuel/tune if I want to use live mapping?
For the time being, have 2 seperate ROM's, one with your pump gas tune loaded in the alt-maps and another with your e85 tune loaded in the alt maps. Once you Live-Map Tune each one, load them both into one ROM and flash it in. That's probably the easiest way to do it currently.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 08:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got it thanks .
Old Mar 17, 2010, 05:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
depends on what u have tuned. lets say both maps are not tuned then

i would have a safe map (on pump) as the main map... tune the alt map for pump.. once done.. copy it to the main map. then start on the alt (ram) maps for e85.

i usually do the above. that way only two reflashes required. once to save the tuned pump to main (this should be a quick one) and one to save the final ALT maps to rom.. so that they dont get lost when power down (u dont need to)
Old Mar 17, 2010, 05:58 AM
Evolved Member

anyway this program might soon be dusting cobwebs as livemap will have live tuning and dyno stuff.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 07:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ziad
anyway this program might soon be dusting cobwebs as livemap will have live tuning and dyno stuff.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 07:39 AM
Evolved Member

incendentally all these apps crash on my machine!
i.e microsoft send error report after pressing start
Name:  senderror.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  28.5 KB

Last edited by leecavturbo; Mar 17, 2010 at 07:44 AM.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Make sure you have .net installed.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

any particular 1?
Old Mar 17, 2010, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

best to use the latest... or atleast 3.5 sp1 i think
Old Mar 17, 2010, 05:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by leecavturbo
any particular 1?

Start-->Help and support center--->keep your computer up-to-date with Windows update

This will auto update you.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 12:26 PM
Evolving Member

So I've discovered that changes I make to the ignition map with live maps is ineffective. I first suspected that alt map switching was not working, but I have since verified that it is.

I thought I had the procedure right. I am using 96532706, which is MAF + DMA

I open the program and choose 965307nosd

The car is running, I click start

I click the ignition tab, and I click the Read Ram Table button. The ignition table is populated and matches my alt maps high ignition map from ecuflash.

knocktrace is on, and I can see the idle cells get painted green. They all read 12.

I highlight those cells, and press = which pops up a box. I enter 1, and click "OK".

I click on the Write Ram Table button.

I click on the Read Ram Table button again to verify, the 1's remain where I put them.

The car however continues to run at 12 degrees of timing. I can stop and start and read and write in any combination, and the 1's remain where I put them. I can shut down the car, my computer, and when I bring it all back up and read RAM the 1's all remain where I put them. The car continues to run at 12 degrees of timing.

If I use ecuflash to manually modify the alt maps high octane ignition table, it works. When I use live maps, it doesn't work. The similiar application that comes packaged with the 96532706 ROM and XMLS, which I think l2r99gst wrote, is also ineffective.

If I click that Reset DEAD button, the car automatically switches off alt maps, and the ignition map is updated back to what it was originally. I'm not sure if pushing this button updates the tables RAM signifying that my changes were never real, or if it's updated from ROM.

The haven't seen any effect on anything if I push the Rom2Ram button.

I'm sure it's a settings problem on my side, but I haven't changed any settings. The only things I've altered are the values of some of these variables so that my car will run.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

It sounds like a setting issue. RAM writing has been working for me for probably a year now, with several different ROMs and apps.

What exact ROM are you using and what are your settings in the LiveMap app for the various tables...the RAM addresses, etc. Also, how are you sure that you are running from your alt maps?

Maybe another test would be to change your injector scaling with LiveMap and see if your car stumbles from the extra fuel being dumped...that at least would tell you if it's your ignition that isn't taking or just everything.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 01:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by l2r99gst
It sounds like a setting issue. RAM writing has been working for me for probably a year now, with several different ROMs and apps.
This is pretty much what I figured. I just don't understand how these apps do their job well enough to troubleshoot. I appreciate your help.

What exact ROM are you using and what are your settings in the LiveMap app for the various tables...the RAM addresses, etc.
I am using http://www.norcalmotorsports.org/use...r99gst-dma.zip

Here's a screen shot of the LiveMap app settings because I'm not really sure enough what is what to know I'm answering you correctly.

All of this is unmodified, exactly how it was set when I got it.

Also, here's a shot of the settings from Evo Live Maps.

Finally, here are the Tephra Map Vectors.

Also, how are you sure that you are running from your alt maps?
I know this because I set my alt map ignition timing to 12 in the idle cells, and my main map ignition timing to 5. When I use my throttle to activate and deactivate the alt maps, the car will idle at 12 or 5 respectively.

Maybe another test would be to change your injector scaling with LiveMap and see if your car stumbles from the extra fuel being dumped...that at least would tell you if it's your ignition that isn't taking or just everything.
Sounds like a plan, I'll give that a shot. Thank you!
Old Mar 18, 2010, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

OK, I'm a bit busy at the moment, but should be able to help tonight.

What I was wondering is what your actual DMA/Code looks like. I don't know if it's included in the XML that you have or not. There was a ROM that was released with a bug before a fix was implemented so that writing would work.

I can take a look at your ROM later and let you know.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 01:39 PM
Evolving Member

OK, I'm a bit busy at the moment, but should be able to help tonight.

What I was wondering is what your actual DMA/Code looks like. I don't know if it's included in the XML that you have or not. There was a ROM that was released with a bug before a fix was implemented so that writing would work.

I can take a look at your ROM later and let you know.
Yeah I was afraid you might be looking for something invisible to me

I understand being busy, thanks for generously lending me some of your free time when you have it.

Quick Reply: new live map app